PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69

Beefcake
04-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Xtina saves Ashley. Surprised.
Not me. :P Got Xtina's 4 correct. (I, er, forget who I picked advancing from Blake's team.)

Ashley, with the right song, can get young'ns voting and sell some downloads. :sekret: Ashely didn't sell much this week, but Moses and Sera didn't even chart on iTunes. So, this choice makes good sense.

:respec: I think Moses can be quite successful. Hoping Xtina can mother hen him some.

Allskate
04-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Blake picks Ashley because he's a borderline pedo.

I don't know about pedo, but he does seem to have kind of a daddy/savior thing going on.

Bummer that XTina chose Ashley. Ashley really rubs me the wrong way and I don't enjoy her performances at all. I would have preferred Sera or even Moses. But I guess they want some kids to draw in the tween audience.

I think Charlotte blew it during the battle rounds with her off-stage comments.

LuckyCharm
04-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Not me. :P Got Xtina's 4 correct. (I, er, forget who I picked advancing from Blake's team.)

Ashley, with the right song, can get young'ns voting and sell some downloads. :sekret: Ashely didn't sell much this week, but Moses and Sera didn't even chart on iTunes. So, this choice makes good sense.

:respec: I think Moses can be quite successful. Hoping Xtina can mother hen him some.

She seemed to connect with Moses and Sera more on a personal level. I thought she'd choose based on that. Apparently, she's in it to win it this year.

Beefcake
04-04-2012, 03:07 AM
What did Charlotte say, Allskate? I watch the touchy feely stuff in the blind auditions, but afterward FFwd through all non-big stage/non coaches-snarking parts of the show.

Allskate
04-04-2012, 03:09 AM
What did Charlotte say, Allskate? I FFwd through all non-big stage parts of the show.

It wasn't just one thing. In general, she came across as brash and obnoxious.

personwhoishere
04-04-2012, 03:29 AM
I had to miss Jordis' performance due to the brother and father returning home and demanding that hockey be put on, but I was surprised that she was the one saved. I thought it'd be Charlotte for sure. I thought team Christina's top 3 were spot on though.

Matryeshka
04-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Not going to be a popular opinion, but I like Charlotte. Yes, she's a brat and obnoxious, but on a song called "The Voice," I'm not sure that should matter, and she does have a great, unique voice that's not pwetty pwincess widdle girl (and had Tessa Virtue or Meryl Davis made similar comments about each other, I'd have been fans of theirs for life). And I hated her dress, but those shoes were a win.

Besides, anyone up for elimination when Raelynn is safe wuz-robbed.

Ashley gave the performance of the night. :respec: Great song, great voice, awesome performance. I liked all the performers so much better without all the "staging."

Absolutely think the right people were saved tonight. Sera's beautiful, but she doesn't have the vocal umphh to sing those brarvura soul songs--I'm not sure she could handle Kelly Clarkson. She has a good voice, but not a powerful one and her range is not there. She could sing the hell out of a nice Taylor Swift song. She had my least favorite performance of the night. Despite that horrible part where Moses went completely flat on the high notes, I liked it. He performed the hell out of that song.

Rob
04-04-2012, 04:47 AM
I liked Charlotte, but Jordis pulled out the voice. Naia, not so much. Charlotte shouldn't have needed the save. Can't believe I have to hear Rae Lynn again.

Also liked Sera a lot, but that was Ashley's best and she showed a spark. Moses- pitchy.

Allskate
04-04-2012, 06:08 AM
Not going to be a popular opinion, but I like Charlotte. Yes, she's a brat and obnoxious, but on a song called "The Voice," I'm not sure that should matter,

ITA and I threw her a couple of votes. But, the reality is that personality does play a role. Unfortunately, I think Blake has ended up with a weak team. Jordis might have done better tonight, but it was still underwhelming to me. (Not that the other two were great, either, but when you look at the totality of all of the performances Jordis has given it's kind of crazy that she's still in it.) Aside from Erin, I happily would replace the remaining three members of Blake's team with singers who were tossed in the battle rounds.

genevieve
04-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Wow, other than the useless guest performers, this was a pretty good show.

Team Blake - I loved Naia last night but this was a total misfire. Agree with those who :blah: over Blake's 180 regarding her singing reggae. I'm surprised NBC let her comment about the limited song choices air. Charlotte Smugtimes sang ok the first half of the song, was (s)mugging her way through as usual and just had to toss in a weird growl. I despise her. I had resigned myself to Jordis leaving, but girlfriend shook off the crappy commercial packaging and delivered a performance worthy of Rockstar. WHEEEEE JORDIS!!!!

I think Charlotte blew it during the battle rounds with her off-stage comments.
It's not only that (although her personality is so off putting she would probably have a hard time getting fans even if her performance was amazing). She doesn't let her voice speak for itself, she insists on doing those weird vocal gymnastics for no reason. She's trying way too hard.

What did Charlotte say, Allskate?
She was a complete bitch...I tried to find a video but all I can find are the actual performances, not the rehearsals.

Although apparently Lex Land tweeted "JUSTICE IS SERVED" after the show aired :rofl: Now she's locked down her Twitter account, but :respec: Lex wuzrobbed!!!

Team Xtina - I was surprised that Chris made it, I was sure he and Ashley would both be in the bottom and going home, they seemed the closest to cannon fodder on Xtina's incredibly strong team. Ashley impressed me last night and again tonight - I love that she looks like a typical tween pop star wannabe and she seems to love really rocking out - but figured she would get a pass anyway. Sera did yet another fine performance of a crap song that could be about anything. I figured Moses would be kept for the variety - but while he turned in another great show, the voice just isn't there yet, not at the level of this show. Was a bit :eek: that Ashley got saved but happily so!

Allskate
04-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Although apparently Lex Land tweeted "JUSTICE IS SERVED" after the show aired :rofl:

:rofl: That is all kinds of awesome! Good to know Lex has it in her! I saw an interview with her on Carson's show and it was kind of a bummer that I got the impression that she regretted even going on The Voice. I suspect that Charlotte was even a bigger bitch than we saw. (But I still think she sang better than the likes of RaeLynn and that should count for something.)

John 3 17
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm a week late, but the battle rounds have pretty much stunk to high heaven! I never really got over Anthony and Angie being sent home and barring some highlights, I think the judges were all smoking something when they made their choices. :blah:

Of last week's battles, the only decisions I agreed with was Cee-Lo choosing James over Wade (altho Wade was pretty good) and Blake choosing Mathai over Nicole (but that was only b/c Nicole was really breathy, NOT b/c I actually liked Mathai who insists on mis-pronouncing every. single. word of the song :blah:). I would've chosen The Line over Moses because they stretched themselves just as much as he did and Mr. Line went all out -- Miss Line found some GRIT and DIRT in her voice that I didn't know was there and they REALLY impressed me. Instead, of course, Xtina chooses the guy who only just NOW learned how to, you know, SING :rolleyes: and I get to put up with God-awful rap until he is voted home (I will say tho, that Moses is awfully cute and I'm glad this comp taught him he had a real voice inside of him). I would've chosen Orlando over Karla -- he has a great quirky blue-eyed soul voice that is really special and I HATED Cee-Lo's reasoning in choosing Karla (he said it was because she had blossomed of something like that whereas Orlanda already had a "specific sound" -- uh, yeah, that would be TALENT, Cee-Lo!). I thought neither Jordan nor Naia sang their song well, but I'd give it to Jordan because Naia was flat. Justin vs Tony really steamed me -- but by that time I KNEW Cee-Lo was going to choose the guy I hated simply because that was how the night was going. Tony is a pretencious, pompous, snob and all he did was whine at the beginning of every word! I was disappointed in him b/c I figured starring in Queen on Broadway that he could do arena rock; but, sadly NO. He is no Steve Perry. Now, Justin is obviously not Perry either, but at least he had a warmth, an emotional connection, and a cool Joe Cocker vibe. Utterly disappointing. Oh, and Tony needs to gain about 50 pounds in order to look normal -- he is really underweight looking and homely b/c of it; he looks like a homley Sinead O'Connor, imo.

Onto the live show, I've only watched the first few performances in my disc, but I muted Jermaine, RaeLynn, and Moses halfway thru their trainwrecks (Jermaine at least started off good, RaeLynn was flat, flat, flat, and Moses -- well, I loathe rap and this was LOUD); as for Lindsey: she butchered one of my fave songs!! Ugh. Her version was creepy and monotone throughout and then she was bitchy to Adam's truth-telling. And what the heck was up with those horrorific mimes?!?!?! Oh, and Naia can't sing. I've made up mind. She ruined Adele by singing way too soft and flat and then way too loud. Ugh.

I'm really HATING season 2 :( It better pick up next week when the only two singers I care for, Katrina (who better win this whole dang thing!) and Jamar sing. Otherwise, meh.

ETA: I just remembered that Erin W & Sera were on this week and I haven't gotten to that part of my disc yet... there's hope! I really liked them both *crosses fingers*

-Bridget

Aceon6
04-04-2012, 01:55 PM
RaeLynn getting through just shows that many folks watch the show on mute.

taf2002
04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
(various critiques)

She ruined Adele by singing way too soft and flat and then way too loud. Ugh.
-Bridget

I am amused by all the diversity here. People posting that they "hate" this or that performance & others raving about the same performances. IMO you can't ruin Adele any more than you can ruin Taylor Swift because I can't stand any of their songs. I change the radio channel any time either comes on. For one thing, they are all earworms. If I listen to one it stays stuck in my head for days. I admit Adele has a good voice (Taylor not so much) but all her songs are weird to me. Chasing pavements? How does one do that? And what is rolling in the deep?

RaeLynn getting through just shows that many folks watch the show on mute.

&#%@ country fans ruined American Idol last year & are now working on ruining The Voice.

Beefcake
04-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Learn to stop worrying, and love the bomb that is Raelynn :puppet: ... because she will be around most likely through the finale. Team Blake does not have a Lindsey or a Jesse or a Jamar to stop the perky nuisance's march.

Wow, other than the useless guest performers, this was a pretty good show.
For real. Whether or not the desperation sing-offs mean anything to the coaches' decisions (perhaps it did last night w/Ashley-Xtina), I like that we get "bonus" performances. I enjoyed all of them but Sera, who was techically fine but still boring, and Naia, who was awful. (Ohhh, gen, you may be the only one, outsidie her family, who loved that from her.)

But, anyway, yes -- the "lip synch sing for your life!" format is a-okay in my book.

Although apparently Lex Land tweeted "JUSTICE IS SERVED" after the show aired :rofl:
Really?! Oh, my, that is so :cat: ... too funny.