PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

LadyNit
04-03-2012, 05:04 AM
so many singers...
all too pitchy
makin' me feel
really, really bitchy

taf2002
04-03-2012, 05:06 AM
I think Jesse is my favorite singer but I hated his arrangement of What a Wonderful World. For that reason he came in #3 for me tonight. My ranking in terms of enjoying the performance:

Moses - pleasant singing voice but :kickass: personality & stage presence, even if he doesn't win I believe he will go far
Erin - strong performance
Jesse - even that horrid arrangement couldn't hide what a gorgeous voice he has
Ashley - voice sounded good but I couldn't understand her
Sera - she looked great, I loved her hair, wasn't crazy about the song
Lindsey - something about her grates, it may be her stupid hair
Jordis - she started out way too low, she couldn't hit the low notes, ended up screaming
Charlotte - I just don't like her voice at all, I think she's mediocre
Jermaine - horrible song choice, no originality
Chris - his phrasing was so boring, the tempo was so slow that I thought the song would never end
Naya - I find her voice irritating
Raelynn - no talent, 1st I couldn't believe anyone turned around for her, then I couldn't believe she "won" her battle round, this was horrible

Rob
04-03-2012, 05:45 AM
is raelene or whoever drunk?
drunk is the only acceptable excuse for this

Worst I've ever heard on any reality singing show. Embarrassing.

birdgal
04-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Worst I've ever heard on any reality singing show. Embarrassing.

She was a hot mess.

Allskate
04-03-2012, 06:11 AM
How many people go home this week? I hope it's at least two per team.

I'm glad they cut back on the fluff, but I missed seeing more of the judges.

Erin is my favorite on Blake's team. She was followed by Charlotte.

RaeLynn is far and away my pick to go home. WTF was that. It was soooo bad. Poor Gwen and Adley must be sitting home thinking "THAT was what Blake wanted?" But Blakes's fans and the country fans will keep her around.

I didn't understand some of his song choices, like Livin' on a Prayer.
The music was kind of drowning out Jermaine. I love Heart, but that arrangement for Alone was awkward. Kind of clipped.

For team Xtina, Lindsay was my favorite, though that could be because I love "Somebody That I Used to Know."

I'd like either Ashely, Moses, or Chris to go home.

I didn't care for the arrangements for Bridge Over Troubled Water or Wonderful World. The arrangements kind of sucked the emotion out of the songs. "Bridge" seemed more like a vocal exercise. I agree with whoever said that Clay Aiken did it much better.

genevieve
04-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Hoo boy, live shows. Xtina looks GREAT! Someone has apparently hidden her bronzer and the cd-fascinator, thank goodness.

Jermaine - this arrangement is way too close to the original, and Jermaine does not have the right voice for the original arrangement. Nothing special, and when it changed keys, he had trouble with the high notes.

Chris - dirgelike arrangement, Groban-like performance. Got stronger as it went along, but as someone mentioned earlier, Clay Aiken's AI performance of this set the bar really high for this song.

RaeLynn - I have no idea what this song is supposed to sound like but this was god-awful. What I imagine Toddlers n' Tiaras to be like - girls singing inappropriate songs and having no idea what the lyrics mean. Glad Xtina called out that the pelvic thrusts were disturbing. Ick. I will reach through my tv and smack Blake if he saves her.

Moses - can't deny that the guy is a great performer, but this really didn't work. The singing was atonal, the rapping wasn't all that either. Best thing about it was his energy - I was thinking he should have done a punk rock take on the song.

Naia - this was my favorite performance on the night. well nuanced, and the ending, after she opened up her voice, was gorgeous. I think it was smart for Blake to change up her style to get her through this round. of course Xtina hated it :lol:

Lindsey - I've never heard this song, but it's way too constrained/boring for Lindsey's nifty voice. Got more interesting at the end.

Jordis - mainstream barbie jordis really bums me out :( I hate her styling for this show, and I hate that she sang Alone. I'm a big Heart fan, but Alone is the biggest reality competition war horse out there. First half of this was completely conventional and boring, 2nd half showed hints of the Jordis I love, but it may be too late :wuzrobbed

Sera - very polished performance, but she sure didn't find that hard hitting groove Xtina was looking for. No connection to the words, she could have been singing the dictionary. I did love her hair and outfit.

Erin - why on earth choose this song? Whatever, she's got an outsized stage persona to match her gorgeous big voice. the "la-la"'s were the weakest part but the rest was great.

Ashley - she needs a lot more power, but I enjoyed that a lot more than I expected to.

Charlotte Smugtimes- what the hell did Denny's ever do to her?!? I was surprised - when I wasn't watching the screen, I really liked this performance (!). But then I looked at her stupid dopey face with her awful OTT expressions and I simply can't, cannot, Can. Not. bring myself to ever vote for her. Plus she threw in that stupid growl that kinda ruined it. But she can sing, and if anyone can retrain her not to be so fecking unlikeable on and offstage she could have a career.

Jesse - er, what? "What a Wonderful World"? Really? The song started weird, then became a nice technical performance with an ill-fated arrangement. Glory notes at the end were lovely but this should have been better.

Glide2
04-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Loved Lindsey's voice and that song. I thought that was download ready. She has a professional and cool voice.

Didn't like Misery Business since I prefer the ORIGINAL!

Beefcake
04-03-2012, 07:32 AM
gen is in a grouchy mood tonight. :P

I enjoyed the performances for the contrasting styles and sometimes-cool-mostly-uncool stage settings and "shows".

:cold: I really do think that all three boy coaches were drunk. Blake definitely was (as he's rumored to always be on the show).

:lol: I'll think of Cee-Lo's get-up all week ... and chuckle each time.

:D Sera was the best singer tonight, and the :grope: shirtless twentysomethings have absolutely nothing to do with this assessment! (What did she sing, again?)

:mad: Both Jesse's and Chris' songs/performances done in by WRONG arrangements ... and by glorynoting the hell out of too many notes. Sigh, well, it won't hurt Jesse, but will probably leave Chris to rely on Xtina's save (and she will use it on him).

:blah: The band also played too loudly on some songs, particularly Ashley's.

:) Best if the night: Erin. Worst: Jermaine or Raelyn. WTH?

Prediction - TEAM XTINA: Public = Jesse, Ashley (so improved, and she'll get some download-votes for that song), and Lindsey (will kill on downloads!). Coach save = Chris. Sorry, Sera, but your voice is common.

Prediction - TEAM BLAKE: Public = Erin. Then, Blake must save three when it's discovered that nobody voted for any of his five duds. Kidding ... here's how it will play out: In a shocker, Erin will not get the public vote; Charlotte, Naia, and (God help us all) Raelyn will advance. (Sorry, country sells ... remember last year's Idol? Coach save = Erin. Sorry, Jordis, but you've had many many chances to pull it off, and you just don't.

taf2002
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Sorry, Jordis, but you've had many many chances to pull it off, and you just don't.

Same could be said of the guy who won last year...can't remember his name but I've never heard him on the radio. I don't believe this show can revive someone who has already had legitimate chances & just never clicked. (Jordis I'm looking at you.)

genevieve
04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
gen is in a grouchy mood tonight. :P

I thought I was being rather lovey dovey myself :shuffle: :saint: :drama:

I'm serious

skatesindreams
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Same could be said of the guy who won last year...can't remember his name but I've never heard him on the radio. I don't believe this show can revive someone who has already had legitimate chances & just never clicked. (Jordis I'm looking at you.)

His name was Javier Colon, taf.
I'm afraid you're right about the "influence" of the show on a career, too.

Rob
04-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I didn't understand some of his song choices, like Livin' on a Prayer.
The music was kind of drowning out Jermaine. I love Heart, but that arrangement for Alone was awkward. Kind of clipped.

I found that the music drowned out quite a few of them. I wonder if it is the TV feed? If the music didn't drown them out, the production overshadowed some of them. It kinda made the singing underwhelming.

Like Sera - I think she was very good, but the music was too loud, and there were too many people on stage with her.

I think I liked Erin and Jesse best. Erin's big voice and personality overcame the fussy staging. Not in love with the Jesse arrangement, but he was great.

I like Jermaine, but it was just the wrong song and too loud.

Charlotte was good. Very nice vocal, but she's not all that charismatic

Moses surprised me - the only one besides Erin to hold his own with all the dancers.

I like Naia, but everyone in the world should stop doing Adele. New or old Adele. By all means, she should do reggae.

Chris - nice voice, not moody enough.

Not feeling Jordis or Lindsay at all. Lindsay has an interesting voice, but she seemed like she had a 'tude on her. Jordis is ordinary to me.

Ashley - no "it" factor. Nice enough, not powerful.

Rae Lynn --- :scream: genevieve's description is perfect.

Beefcake
04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I thought I was being rather lovey dovey myself :shuffle: :saint: :drama:

I'm serious
Sorry. Yes, you were very generous and genuine in acknowledging that Xtina was looking very nice. And you were a regular Paula Abdul compared to LadyNit.

Sera - I think she was very good, but the music was too loud, and there were too many people on stage with her.

:mad: No! She needed every single one of those men. What there was too much of on stage was clothes, dagummit.

Moses surprised me - the only one besides Erin to hold his own with all the dancers.
Ah, yes, I forgot to give Moses his :respec: for being an absolute natural in that number. Terrific performance ... singing, rapping, dancing, excellent audience awareness and repoire.

genevieve
04-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I found that the music drowned out quite a few of them. I wonder if it is the TV feed? If the music didn't drown them out, the production overshadowed some of them. It kinda made the singing underwhelming.
ITA with this. Wonder how different the performances were live, because several of them were fighting a losing battle with the music.

Sorry. Yes, you were very generous and genuine in acknowledging that Xtina was looking very nice. And you were a regular Paula Abdul compared to LadyNit.
Xtina DID look fab! :smokin: And I said plenty of nice things about the performances. Honest! :saint:

The only thing I would add is that, while I thought Moses' song was a poor choice for him and/or I wished he had done a different take on it, his performance skills are excellent and I would like to see him move on for at least one more round.

KikiSashaFan
04-03-2012, 08:22 PM
For Blake's team-

1) Erin. By far the best on his team.
2) Jordis. Not a huge fan, but she did well enough.
3/4) Jermaine and Naia. I don't think either picked a great song for their voices.
5) RaeLynn. It was a trainwreck. It was beyond a trainwreck. But at least she's likeable enough.
6) Charlotte. She might have been good, I dunno. I was too busy fighting the urge to not go through my tv screen and punch her smug face out :shuffle:

Christina's Team-

1) Lindsay. She's different and I love her tone.
2) Jesse. Didn't like the cuts they used, but he has a great voice.
3) Moses. By far the best actual perfomer.
4) Chris. Good voice, just not my thing. And I hated Clay's version too..
5) Sera. She's better than that crappy song.
6) Ashley. I don't remember anything about her.

Overall Christina's team was far superior.