PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

my little pony
03-27-2012, 01:31 AM
mathai sounds a little tipsy

Matryeshka
03-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Piano Barbie could not have been more dull if she tried. I don't think she'd make it out of a chorus out a local high school, maybe even middle school.

Good for Adam for calling them out on neither one of them doing a great job, though I think that's a really lackluster song.

rfisher
03-27-2012, 01:43 AM
the Line is toast. Xtina has already sent them packing before they even sing. :lol:

Girl Line is Pissed!

dbell1
03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
The Line vs. Moses is weirder than Shields vs. catwoman last week. The duo looked like mom and dad trying to be hip at a grade school talent show. :scream:

Matryeshka
03-27-2012, 02:14 AM
I didn't get no Satisfaction out of watching that. (Though it might have been worth it just for the Jewel comment :eek: :rofl: )

Girl Line had the best voice. Moses had the better performance. The Line should have known better to go with Xtina in the first place though.

Cheylana
03-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Here comes Adam Lambert minus the hair Tony Vincent and...someone else! :P

my little pony
03-27-2012, 02:45 AM
i dont think i cared if any of these people advanced tonight, bring on the live rounds

dbell1
03-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Justin's trying too hard for the Joe Cocker/Rod Stewart spot. Is he cross-eyed or just possum faced?

Meanwhile, the vampire grows on me. :shuffle: Now watch Cee Lo piss me off again. :lol:

ETA - and Cee Lo stays in my good graces for once. Bye possum. :(

Matryeshka
03-27-2012, 02:55 AM
The War of 1812 Steampunk Vampire can siiiiiing, but like most vampires, it's completely soleless.

I like the possum. A song like that needs some emotion and real feeling behind it.

Cheylana
03-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Uh oh, looks like the vampire's girlfriend is pregnant. New Moon!

PrincessLeppard
03-27-2012, 03:51 AM
mathai sounds a little tipsy

So now there are two giwls who sing wif widdle giwl voices. I don't like either of them.

Tony was trying a little too hard to be Jared Leto, but I thought he clearly won that round.

my little pony
03-27-2012, 04:29 AM
bald dude could have a steady gig playing voldemort at theme parks

Allskate
03-27-2012, 06:00 AM
bald dude could have a steady gig playing voldemort at theme parks

:lol: Perhaps they will do "Harry Potter: The Musical."

Why is Kelly mentoring in a room littered with cowhides?

I'm so glad the battles are over and it's on to the live rounds.

I think they frontloaded the best battles for the episodes when they weren't going up against Dancing With the Stars. Nobody who sang tonight is going to win. I'm guessing that most of the coaches are second-guessing some of the pairings because several good singers went home as a result of the battles while there's still fodder.

I didn't agree with all the decisions, but it's not like Orlando or Wade were going to win. I would have chosen Orlando over Karla, but I would have chosen Karla over Mathai, who seems to make rather random choices with her voice. "Unique" is not always good.

The battle between The Line and Moses was interesting, but I do feel bad for The Line that they didn't get to really showcase their kind of singing. It probably was a good experience for them, though, to have to do that kind of performance.

Beefcake
03-27-2012, 07:47 AM
My review of tonight's show:

:blah: (Everybody except for Tony)

:yawn: (Everybody except for Tony and Moses)

:yikes: (Dirty looking Naia and her dirty looking faux-dreds wearing family)

*end*

My review of the "battle rounds":

The Voice, I won't watch it like this next season. Too much padding, too much predictability, massive unfairness in song selection (case in point country boy vs. dirty dreds girl), and too many fodderites. You could make me forget about all that if the awesome singers (remember those ... so many weeks ago!) knock me out in the live rounds!

genevieve
03-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Finally a battle round episode that didn't totally enrage me :lol: I thought the judges mostly got it right, and even where I would have gone the other way, I understood the decision.

CeeLo - James vs Wade: True Colors
I thought Wade was going to pwn this, for sure. He's definitely got the better, more polished voice. But he had lots of pitch problems, and James did his very very best. Wade has more potential, but he didn't step up to the plate, and the nasal hairband-rockin' teenager (please tell me he's a teenager) was the right call here.

Adam - Nicole vs Mathai: Love Song (is this Natasha Bedingfield? I really hate this song)
I think I remember not particularly liking Mathai during her audition, but she did a good job on this, even though she was saying "Lav Song". Poor Nicole the piano country girl had no chance. She's just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Xtina - The Line vs Moses: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
So wrong, and yet it worked! I dug this performance :) Interesting how a song that should have favored the country duo (because they are accustomed to, you know, singing instead of rapping) ended up being just a boon to Moses. He just approached this in a "well, let's see what I can do" way and Ms Line seemed just terrified. Mr Line seemed more willing to step outside the country box they painted for themselves, but clearly he's never tried anything edgy before, bless his heart. Moses won this by just going for it all out. oooooh Ms Line is PISSED :saint: Oh, and of course CeeLo loved this pairing :lol:

Adam - Karla vs Orlando: Rich Girl Easy Like Sunday Morning
At the time I would have given this to Orlando, but it's 2 hours later and I can't even picture him or remember his performance, while I do remember Karla, so I guess this was right after all. Adam must have been really mad at these two to switch their song to this schmaltzy dreck though.

Blake - Jordan vs Naia: Some Jason Mraz song (gag)
I hate this song, and the two women's voices clashed horribly on the harmonies. The most blatant pandering to one singer's style of the night, but I really like Naia, so I'm not mad :D

CeeLo - Justin vs Tony: Faithfully
That was fantastic! They both did a great job, adn they sounded fab together too. I'd have given the edge to Justin for the better performance, but no way were they letting Sexy Voldemort go. I wish Justin were still in this instead of James though.

The Teams:

Adam: Katrina and Kim are the only ones I like

Blake: Erin's my favorite...and of course Jordis but she needs to work it. jordis and Naia could cancel each others' votes, they both have kind of raspy voices.

CeeLo: bunch of cannon fodder, plus Jamar and Tony. Juliet should be the longest lasting woman of the bunch

Xtina: shit, I don't think Christina has ANY real cannon fodder :eek: Should make for some great performances, but could also ultimately hurt her chances because all the boys have already picked their favorites to pimp. Jesse, Lindsay and Sera are probably the strongest, but I can see Moses being very popular with voters if he continues to bring what he did tonight.