PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Rob
03-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Cee-Lo's pitting his fodder against each other, but it's a great song for both of them.

She's all pouty. Cee-Lo didn't seem so please with it. Babyface's description of "Wayne's World" was dead-on.

ETA: Cee-Lo should be SHOT for not putting Sandwich Boy against either of these. It's like COP--the quality is so high, he'd have at least a three fall minimum.

Ridiculous! We want Angie or Sandwich Boy back. Actually Sandwich Boy vs. Brothers and Erin vs Jamar would have been fine.

Babyface hit the nail on the head with Wayne's World. And I couldn't understand a word she sang.

I wish Alex had gone up against someone other than Jermaine. Jermaine rocked.

I think I liked Gwen better than the other Erin in this song, but I like Erin better overall.

Katrina surprised me - I thought Angel would take it, but she didn't.

Ashley/Jonathis -- I thought he won it, but he was a little boring. She needs more training.

Pip/Nate - Hmmm, hard to tell. Pip has more training so I guess I agree. Nate needs time.

Allskate
03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Last night I said that I hoped something comes out of this for Gwen because she really is talented. Well, it looks like Blake is trying to make things happen for her because he's invited her to join his band for some of his tour dates:

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/blake-bounces-gwen-voice-hires-her-his-band

I really do understand his choice of Erin (aside from the sympathy issue), but I think this may have been one of those pairing he regretted because he would have liked to have taken both of them to the live shows. It's different from the RaeLynn thing where he really was choosing based on style and personality, not the quality of the singing that night.

Rob
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Blake is one great guy.

PrincessLeppard
03-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Watching this on DVR. I can't believe the flake who massacred What's Love got to do With It made it through. Her singing made me wish for temporary deafness. Or maybe permanent...

Allskate
03-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Carson's blog for this week is up:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/20/carson-daly-voice-blog-battle-rounds-3/

He write a "really" nice bit about Erin and her father:

Obviously, Gwen Sebastian and Erin Willett were hands down the toughest battle for everybody behind the scenes. We all got really close with Erin and her family. When there’s a family that comes into our house, we take great pride in welcoming them, and we were close to the Willett family. I was very close with Chuck, actually. I spent a full day with him when I was making my early rounds of interviews with everybody before the blind auditions, not knowing who was going to make it, and I made an extra point of spending some time with Chuck. I can’t tell you how proud he was of his daughter. Without question my greatest moment this season, no matter what happens in the live shows, will be standing next to Chuck watching his daughter in the blind auditions when a chair turned around. It took Chuck a hot second to realize that Erin was moving on, when Blake turned around, and I glanced at him and squeezed his arm and said, “Erin made it, Chuck, she made it.” And I saw it register with him, and his joy, and it’ll be a great memory that I take with me for a long time. I know what it meant for him to witness that. And the fact that Erin’s going on to the live show, I know that she’s got a great angel in her corner.

But Erin was adamant that she did not want the situation with her father to affect anybody’s decision on how she was treated. She wanted to go into that battle round being treated like anybody else, and fight for her spot in the live shows fair and square. That was very important to her.

Carson also gives a shout out to Gwen and Blake. Also, apparently CeeLo cries next week. I hope he doesn't have pity on Boston Boy and put him through over someone better.

Cheylana
03-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Sucks that Erin lost her father during this process. I can't begin to imagine the pain.

Beefcake
03-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I just stopped by to confess that I dig this Erin Martin song (www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RnKHJz1M8&feature=related) :slinkaway

She's enunciating most of the lyrics, those lyrics and the music are catchy/feel-good. Also, importantly, Erin's producers seem to know how to play up her voice's uniqueness ... and cover up some of its shortcomings.

Allskate
03-24-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm so disillusioned. :drama: I just learned that Purrfect is not really CeeLo's cat. Purrfect comes from an animal rental company. I guess that explains why the cat actually lies still on set in front of cameras. I've never had a cat who would have done that.

I also think I learned who won Xtina's final battle. She was on Leno last night with her team. Moses was there and, unless I missed it, The Line were not there. So, it looks like Moses won.

rfisher
03-24-2012, 11:26 PM
People magazine's cover is Adam and Blake. I actually bought a copy! My first ever. They talk about their friendship and Xtina. Blake gets annoyed with her and Adam defends her. :lol: Picture of Adam with his Victoria Secret model gf and Blake and Miranda and some of them on Blake's ranch. Adam and Anne spent News Year's Eve with the Lambert/Sheldons.

Allskate
03-24-2012, 11:56 PM
They talk about their friendship and Xtina. Blake gets annoyed with her and Adam defends her. :lol:

That's funny because XTina was talking about what a sweetheart Blake is. She may have to reassess. ;) When Jay showed clips of her and Adam sniping at each other, she said that she's allowed to be critical of Adam, but others aren't, and compared it to family.

Rob
03-25-2012, 05:20 AM
The Country Music Award show commercials with Blake and Reba are cute.

taf2002
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Anything with Reba is cute. And I'm not even a country fan.

Matryeshka
03-27-2012, 01:12 AM
James is sooo the kid in the boy band trying way too hard to be "hip hop." There's something overly showly about the way Wade sings. And he's really flat when he's not hitting the high notes.

These are two that I recognize that they're both talented singers, but they don't do it for me. I care not who leaves and who goes.

my little pony
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
i dont care who goes either, this is another fodder v fodder round for me

dbell1
03-27-2012, 01:25 AM
I can't stand big eared Boston garage guy. That song was such a trainwreck.

Not a fan of Mathai either. But I can see Adam putting her through - she's got the tween thing going on. Piano girl's annoying. Does she sleep with the thing too? Take it on planes? Do we need Billy Joel to stage an intervention? :P