PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

LuckyCharm
03-20-2012, 01:55 AM
and that alone is enough reason to axe her

Yeah, she got AXeD.:lol:

Allskate
03-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Yeah, she got AXeD.:lol:

:lol:

I think Blake probably didn't care for the ridiculous spelling either.

LuckyCharm
03-20-2012, 02:02 AM
I like both of these ladies.

dbell1
03-20-2012, 03:01 AM
So, ovaries goes home and Erin (the non model one who could sort of sing) stays? I'd have gone the hell home to see my father. They could have put 2 other singers up. Blake just lost his dad recently too. I see a pity win there. I actually liked Gwen this time. :shuffle:

Allskate
03-20-2012, 05:09 AM
The Nathan/Pip performance was a good one. Pip deserved the win, but Nathan did himself proud.

Erin and the Farm Bros. was epic in the weirdest way. So bizarre. Only on Team CeeLo! CeeLo must have loved the outfits. :lol: Loved the reactions of Babyface and Ne-Yo.

Jonathas/Ashely -- Meh. Never really cared for that song. She seems like a pageant princess who isn't ready for the show and isn't anything special. But, I didn't think he was great either.

ALyX v. Jermaine -- I think ALyX lost Blake's support with her personality. Which is funny because I thought Blake had a bit of a problem with Jermaine's personality duirng the auditions.

Angel v. Katrina - I like Angel, but I thought Katrina won it. I think Adam went into this totally planning to choose Angel, but Katrina and the audience and panel's reaction to Katrina made him change his mind. Robin Thicke sounds so much like his dad when he speaks.

Erin v. Gwen -- I thought the song worked better for Erin and her voice is more to my taste. I think Gwen is good, though, and I hope something comes out of this for her.

genevieve
03-20-2012, 05:55 AM
I officially HATE the battle rounds. They are all decided ahead of time and if the result has any correlation to what happens onstage it's only a coincidence :blah: I swear last year the battle rounds had more at stake. This year the judges are just fcuking with us :blah:

Pip vs Nathan, Amy Winehouse "You Know I'm No Good" - Nathan's tone had a similar quality to AW's. I don't know how to describe it, but they both sound like they have a lot of space in their mouths. Pip is clearly very talented, but his vocal gymnastics fell flat in this performance. So of course he went through.

Erin vs. Shields Brothers, Tina Turner "What's Love Got to Do With It?" - er, wow. At first blush this seemed like a cakewalk for Erin, the highly annoying former model. But she chose to sing this like the bastard child of Macy Gray and Missing Persons' Dale Bozzio, without a shred of the humor or self-awareness either of those artists possess. :scream: The Shields Brothers were nothing more than cannon fodder, but damn if they didn't turn this into a rollicking garage band performance. Poor Brown Shields - he's got talent and charisma. God love 'im for sticking with his Mike Score (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/mike-score-flock-of-seagulls.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mamapop.com/2010/11/ladies-of-the-80s-barbies.html/mike-score-flock-of-seagulls&h=435&w=500&sz=252&tbnid=0gIN-bCqopXMxM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=106&zoom=1&docid=erYAL5yF-TweIM&sa=X&ei=mhVoT8LNJoiRiQLesuTyBg&ved=0CEEQ9QEwAg&dur=1410)/CC Deville (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8f/CCDeVille.JPG/220px-CCDeVille.JPG&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.C._DeVille&h=283&w=220&sz=12&tbnid=DKnT_wsK3IYJ2M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=70&zoom=1&docid=KtkxSBrcXY9dwM&sa=X&ei=txVoT8zRDOS0iQLijemgBw&ved=0CD0Q9QEwAQ&dur=1742) brother. Anyway - the Shields Brothers owned this but no way in hell were they moving forward. :blah:

Ashley vs Jonathas, Jordin Sparks/That Asshole "No Air" - this one was actually pretty even. They had similar highs and lows. They're both likeable but neither are remarkable. Ashley won zzzzzzzzzzzzzz The highlight was hearing Xtina sing a little in the practice.

ALyX (really? :wall: ) vs Jermaine, Billy Ocean "Get Out of My Car" - aka "there's no chance I'm not choosing Jermaine so I might as well toss Billy Ocean some royalties." ALyX was fine, but aside from her diaphanous polka dot muu muu and her odious name spelling, nothing stands out. And Jermaine was given all the vocally dynamic parts of the song. Alicia Keys' backup singer FTW.

Angel vs Katrina, Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love" - Angel was pitchy throughout and sounded like she was not taking any breaths during the whole song, and Katrina was fab..... but Angel was styled to look a lot like Leona Lewis. I still can't believe the best performer was sent through :eek:

Gwen vs Erin, Pat Benetar "We Belong" - Gwen never had a chance against a dying dad story (and an admittedly superior performance, but the singing was totally secondary here).

Beefcake
03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Nobody else saw, or cared to comment, about the In Loving Memory of Erin's Dad that flashed on the screen at the end of the episode. I go. RIP Erin's Dad. :wuzrobbed

I'm with genevieve, sick of the battle rounds. I stopped watching AI due to the thousands of hours commitment where one hour usually equals 8 minutes of music or eliminations. The Voice added semifinalists, great. But spending a predictable month for battle rounds is excruciating.

Having had my fill, tonight I fast forwarded through all of the practicing and mentoring (and most of the "that was great" after battle yakking), and just went with the performances. And it was still underwhelming ... least impressive night for talent, for sure, underscored by Cee-Lo's :scream: embarrassment in first pairing those brothers and that model, and then choosing that model. OMG.

Oh, but: Katrina! :cheer2: Loved it. Love her. Shocked that the pitchy favorite wasn't given a pass, anyway.

Allskate
03-20-2012, 06:42 AM
The battle rounds are my least favorite part of the show, too. Next season, I'd like to see them have fewer contestants. If they have 32 contestants and cut out a lot of the backstage stuff for the battle rounds, they should be able to significantly reduce the number of battle episodes. I like the live shows best.

I hope Erin's father was able to learn of her victory in the battle round. I can understand why he wanted her to stay, but that must have been so tough for her. :wuzrobbed

genevieve
03-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Nobody else saw, or cared to comment, about the In Loving Memory of Erin's Dad that flashed on the screen at the end of the episode. I go. RIP Erin's Dad. :wuzrobbed

I wasn't looking at the screen anymore once the songs stopped. I figured he had to have passed away, since the battles were taped some time ago. (((erin & family))) :(

rfisher
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
PML. All the feedback the Voice got last season was to INCREASE the number of contestants and thereby increase the auditions and battle rounds. I think they're just fine. Most of you are just whining because your favorite didn't go through. :lol: Part of this is still judge strategy. Cee-Lo knows only one of his team will make the final and it won't be the princess. She's a pawn. Most of the singers are pawns as only one will make it to the top for each team. I always watch the rehearsals just to hear Xtina and Adam sing. :) Apart from the weirdness of the rock bothers and the princess, and she's so weird, she just might become a major performer :yikes:, I enjoyed everybody. None of them were really bad. Only one more week then on to the live shows. :cheer2:

And I don't think Blake picked Erin out of pity. I think she deserved that win with her singing.

skatesindreams
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I hope that Angie and Sandwich Boy aren't watching tonight

Anthony and the Baker probably are also wishing they could have gone up against these folks.

And how!
The celebs can "derail" some mighty talented people in the battle rounds.

Aceon6
03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
And I don't think Blake picked Erin out of pity. I think she deserved that win with her singing.

Or he's planning how to get his faves to the finals. To my ears, Erin would be a first round auf.

taf2002
03-20-2012, 03:13 PM
The 1st 3 rounds I disagree with the judges' picks, the last 3 I agreed.

1. (Adam) Pip vs Nathan - Pip obviously had more experience & was more relaxed but I liked Nathan's tone a lot better & think he has more potential, esp more animal magnatism.

2. (Ceelo) Erin vs Shields Bros - this was too weird but I fail to see any talent at all in Erin. Her pronunciation of most words is both pretentious & just plain insane. The bros seem like pretty good local talent who will never advance beyond their home town, but they were so much better than her plus I will miss them. They are just plain fun. IMO both Ceelo & Blake base a lot of the picks on looks.

3. (Christina) Ashley vs Jonathas - both were pretty good but I thought Jonathas was better. Most of the judges disagreed though.

4. (Blake) Jermaine vs Alyx - Blake surprised me, I thought he would go for the cute girl but he went with talent. Maybe he thinks he has enough cute girls/bad singers on his team.

5. (Adam) Angel vs Katrina - I would have bet that Angel would blow Katrina away but it was just the reverse. I thought Angel wasn't as good as her audition & Katrina was much better. I agree there is something Adele-like about Katrina but she is also unique.

6. (Blake) Gwen vs Erin - Again Blake surprised me & didn't go with the cutest one. I like Gwen but Erin really took this & I don't think pity had anything to do with it. But I hope after the show, Erin was able to fly home & be with her father before he died.

Cheylana
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Annoying Erin hurt my ears' feelings! :eek::mad:

I was ok with the other results. I especially liked Katrina and Jermaine.
Pip reminded me of Jeremy Abbott. I think it was the haircut and suspenders. ;)

So, ovaries goes home
:lol:

and Erin (the non model one who could sort of sing) stays? I'd have gone the hell home to see my father. They could have put 2 other singers up.
Weren't all the battle rounds filmed on the same day? (Either that or Xtina likes to wear a bedazzled CD on her head at all times :P) Nonannoying Erin probably would have forfeited her right to continue on the show. I don't think she has the stuff to go all the way, but her voice is pleasant and she might as well get her five minutes of quasi-fame. I hope she made it to her dad's bedside before he passed. Her dad, unsurprisingly, looked so gray and ill -- just like how my aunt and friend (both of whom also had pancreatic cancer) looked at the end. I couldn't help but get teary.

genevieve
03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
PML. All the feedback the Voice got last season was to INCREASE the number of contestants and thereby increase the auditions and battle rounds.
I thought last year's # of contestants was fine. Because the show was a hit, of course they were going to do what they could to extend it. The blind auditions are what make the show interesting, anyway - and they didn't need to increase the # of contestants to increase those, as there were several people who were selected whose initial auditions were not shown. I thought the battle rounds were the weakest part of the show last year, actually.

Most of you are just whining because your favorite didn't go through. :lol:
No, I'm whining because most of the selections have nothing to do with the performances. I'm totally willing to acknowledge when someone I like got outperformed. Take RaeLynn and the Headband Coed - I expected RaeLynn to kill it, and I didn't care for the other chick based on auditions - but RaeLynn sucked and the other girl really won me over. There is just no excuse for choosing RaeLynn.

I get that judges are stacking their teams with future cannon fodder. It did happen last year too, but not so obviously. And it undermines the show's main premise - that this show is about The Voice - to have this stage of the competition pretty much pre-determined.