PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Spareoom
03-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Isn't Duets a redux of a show that was on a few years ago? I only remember because Carly Patterson was a contestant.

skatesindreams
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
ITA that something good will come his way -- the other day, P Diddy tweeted that Anthony and Jesse "sang their a$$es off" and that he wants to offer them a record deal for them as a "GROUP".

I hope something comes of that.
Their vocal backgrounds and talents are similar.
I'm sure that material could be found that would show them each, to advantage.

BigB08822, see my post upthread.

genevieve
03-09-2012, 06:29 PM
For those that like Kelly Clarkson on The Voice, she is going to be on a new show this summer called Duets. It will pair celebrity singers with contestants, each week they will sing duets until there is a winner who will be signed to a record label. I know Kelly will be on as well as Lionel Ritchie and Robin Thicke.
Coincidentally three of the mentors of this seasons The Voice. I wonder if it's produced by the same folks?

Matryeshka
03-10-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm baffled as to how RaeLynn made it through. She's sweet and her blind audition wasn't bad, but her performance of Free Fallin' was terrible. I think Blake is one of the better mentors, but that was a misjudgment. Adley was robbed.

It's also a shame that Anthony is out so early. I preferred him to everyone else who performed in the battle rounds, including Jesse.

If Blake was dead set on Raelynn regardless, he should not have picked Free Fallin' as the song. That was so up Hoochie Headband's alley--country rock light. I'll bet if had it been some old school Tanya Tucker, Iwonder if Raelynn would not have been so nervous and it would have favored her voice.

Based on auditions, I'd have guessed Raelynn would have KILLED Adley, so maybe Blake will be vindicated. I just wish they'd say when judging, this is based on the performance that night and the audition.

I'd have picked Jesse over Anthony. I'll agree that Anthony was more sincere, but it wasn't like Jesse was insincere. I felt he understood the song as well. Anthony > Jesse in feeling, but in power, technique and tonal quality >>> Anthony.

Beefcake
03-10-2012, 12:48 AM
:rofl: Hoochie Headband

Jesse :kickass: Even better on replay.

Wyliefan
03-10-2012, 01:06 AM
For those that like Kelly Clarkson on The Voice, she is going to be on a new show this summer called Duets. It will pair celebrity singers with contestants, each week they will sing duets until there is a winner who will be signed to a record label. I know Kelly will be on as well as Lionel Ritchie and Robin Thicke.

Also Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland.

BigB08822
03-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Isn't Duets a redux of a show that was on a few years ago? I only remember because Carly Patterson was a contestant.

Oh, I remember that! That was different because the contestants were celebrities themselves. This is supposed to be actual every day people who are good singers trying to win a record deal. The talent level should be infinitely higher.

PeterG
03-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh, I remember that! That was different because the contestants were celebrities themselves. This is supposed to be actual every day people who are good singers trying to win a record deal. The talent level should be infinitely higher.

I heard Kelly talk about scouring the country for the two people who would be her duet partners on the show. I assumed she (and the other three) will be looking for working singers who have tons of experience (but have yet to find their big break).

BigB08822
03-11-2012, 04:23 AM
I heard Kelly talk about scouring the country for the two people who would be her duet partners on the show. I assumed she (and the other three) will be looking for working singers who have tons of experience (but have yet to find their big break).

Yes, but not celebrities who want to stay in the spot light. I seriously doubt Kelly, or any of the others, will chose someone like Carly Patterson as their duet partner. I also doubt Kelly actually does any scouring, ABC will have picked the people for them somehow and Kelly will show up with a camera and read a script (hopefully better than she did in From Justin to Kelly). :lol:

Garden Kitty
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Purrfect article in USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/pets/story/2012-03-11/cats-are-hot-on-tv-web/53490382/1) (this article also makes me like Carrie Ann Inaba a lot more!)

Rogue
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM

There was another show that was more country-music focused called "Can You Duet?" I believe one of the Judds was a judge.

Matryeshka
03-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Sara/Jeff is going to be a kickass duet. That's one thing about Christina favoring the power vocalists--the duets are explosive.

I liked both of these singers in the auditions, but didn't think either were the strongest on Christina's team, but damn, they are great together. I really like the way the played off each other; they DEFINITELY told a story.

kylet3
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
That was insane! I think Jeff had an amazing voice. Sara I think was trying a bit too hard but she's got the great performance. I think slight edge to Jeff.

PRlady
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
I've never seen this show before. Not once. Are these two singers typical? because they kicked the ass out of that song. :eek:

kylet3
03-13-2012, 12:26 AM
:eek: Wow, can't say I expected that!