PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Aceon6
03-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I someone's smart, Anthony and Jesse should tour together!

Meredith
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Was that Paul Mirkovich, (musical director and keyboardist of The House Band from Rockstar) at the keyboard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Mirkovich

John 3 17
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
The more I think about it, the more annoying it is that Anthony was chacked. So, I spent some time on youtube tonight listening to songs from his album, "Home", and this one's my fave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkshFIfz5g&feature=related

And, I found this -- Anthony covering Adele's "Someone Like You"; it's all kinds of awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6xcleaiMhQ

I would've LOVED seeing him every week on tv :(

After watching the show last night, the two I keep thinking about are the ones cut -- Anthony Evans and Angie Johnson. Two pretty bad decisions this time.

-Bridget

Aceon6
03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
After watching the show last night, the two I keep thinking about are the ones cut -- Anthony Evans and Angie Johnson. Two pretty bad decisions this time.

I'm still wrapping my head around CeeLo's decision to ditch someone with a world wide established fan base. Guess he's not interested in winning this thing.

birdgal
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I may be off base, but I think Jesse may have a good chance of winning this. I loved Anthony. What a difficult choice.

skatesindreams
03-06-2012, 02:24 PM
The more I think about it, the more annoying it is that Anthony was chacked. So, I spent some time on youtube tonight listening to songs from his album, "Home", and this one's my fave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkshFIfz5g&feature=related

And, I found this -- Anthony covering Adele's "Someone Like You"; it's all kinds of awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6xcleaiMhQ

I would've LOVED seeing him every week on tv :(

-Bridget

Thanks for the videos.
It's a shame he was cut.
However, I think Anthony will have many offers/opportunities as a result of this,

Beefcake
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
:blah: I loved her in Rock Star, but Jordis has been mediocre (blind round) and terrible (battle round) thus far in this competition. :shuffle: But I'd have gone with her in that battle, anyway.

We all know Blake chose his winners before they sang, based on who won the first match up. So, the big question is, did he send the soon to be winners all to his wife? Poor Kelly, lol
Yep, Blake has his "brackets" [NCAA basketball tourney term] already worked out 'til the public voting. And he likes his breathy young girls for sure. Flowerhead is out next round. Re, Miranda getting Blake's predestined winners, :lol: guess we'll be spoiled for his four subsequent battles.

Monique & Chris...Christina & I both picked Chris. I really love his voice. This was the 1st battle I cared about.
Love his voice, and he's easy on the eyes. Hopefully Chris will let the emotion in, and give us those "imperfections" that we crave in true performances ... and hopefully he will shut up about his mother. :shuffle:

Angie & Cheesa....I couldn't stand Cheesa in the audition. She did better tonight but I thought Cee Lo blew it. I would have gone with Angie.
Fodder makes good??!! :P Angie was def. techincally better than Cheesa in both rounds, but Angie's voice has nothing that makes it unique. I can see Cee-Lo's reasoning ... "maybe Cheesa has that special something that will resonate with the public?". Maybe, probably not, but I do love her rollerderby kickass approach to the battle round/this competition.

Anthony & Jesse....this was gorgeous, beautiful, I had chills. I think Jesse is ready for a recording contract right now but Anthony really held his own. He surprised me. I would have picked Jesse too but I feel bad for Anthony.
For me, this wasn't as close as the judges and you all are expressing. Jesse was :kickass: just mesmerizing. Chillingly good! Anthony was very good, and the two men sang so well together ... but it was still a blowout. Jesse has only strengthened his standing as one of the clear top 3 or 4 title contenders.

Team Xtina is showing its prowess, and she's still got Lindsay Pavao waiting in the wings. :cheer2:

Oh, and this: Kelly :swoon:

Rob
03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
1. Chris & Tony....A pretty even match, but I agree with the poster who said Adam might think Tony has an advantage. I liked Chris a little better - mostly due to demeanor.
2. Raelynn & Adley...Lordy Raelynn was awful. Adley was the clear winner of this.
3. Monique & Chris...Too bad these two were paired. I think xtina thought Monique didn't have enough training so she'd be cannon fodder. But she was good. But he has the training. Close, but I agree on Chris.
4. Angie & Cheesa....Tactical error by Ceelo. I do think Cheesa did better than her blind audition, but she doesn't have much range. Armygirl has range, plus a youtube and military sentiment following.
5. Jordis & Brian...I thought both were bad. He is a bit dull. Jordis should have been able to beat him easily, but she didn't step up. I think she was the right pick though.
6. Anthony & Jesse....oh why did she pair them? I know they are the same demographic, and I guess Anthony surprised her. I thought Jesse would kill him. They both should have gone through. But Jesse was a little more slick/professional.

genevieve
03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Was that Paul Mirkovich, (musical director and keyboardist of The House Band from Rockstar) at the keyboard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Mirkovich

Same show producers, so it wouldn't be a surprise. Shame that he's got to do DWTS-worthy arrangements on this show, though (at least last night)

Meant to say last night that Jordis still seems haunted by the memory of blowing the glory note in Dream On so long ago :shuffle:

Beefcake
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
^ Eys, :yikes: Jordis Gokeyed it long before Gokey Gokeyed it.

genevieve
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
((((Jordis))))

At least it was a good performance up until that note.

skatesindreams
03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
I believe that what "haunts" Jordis when she performs; is that she already "knows", deep inside, that she doesn't quite have what it takes to make it to the top - and be successful.
She's had chances already - and fallen short.

PrincessLeppard
03-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I believe that what "haunts" Jordis when she performs; is that she already "knows", deep inside, that she doesn't quite have what it takes to make it to the top - and be successful.
She's had chances already - and fallen short.

If so, then she's being overly harsh on herself. INXS were never going to pick a girl to lead them, despite what they claimed (and neither were Supernova).

And it isn't like any of the competitors on those shows have gone on to do huge things. Not even my beloved Marty. :wuzrobbed

taf2002
03-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Of the 6 who have gone thru so far, I only like Chris & Jesse FTW. If Chris wants a pop career he still needs to loosen up more than he did last night. But his battle performance was much better than the audition round in that regard. I think he has a gorgeous voice. As for Jesse, I'm a little surprised he isn't already a recording star.

Last year Beverly was the only singer whose music I would buy. This year has more potential IMO.

genevieve
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Last year Beverly was the only singer whose music I would buy. This year has more potential IMO.
I feel the opposite. Last season most of the people who made the top 8 were already memorable by the battle rounds and had me rooting specifically for them. No one stands out this year (except Jordis, but she's still riding the RockStar INXS vibe. Her "mainstream" styling is totally forgettable).