PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Beefcake
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Really liked that guy. So glad Christina picked him, but now that he's said he's been working as a baker, he'd better bring some goodies w/him to that first Team Christina meeting. :D
From the previews, it looks like Xtina has been doing better at avoiding baked goods. :) (She looks very cute ... :rofl: but that "hat" she's got on!) So, cookies and bread are not gonna help him overcome his vocal disadvantage ... he was def. chosen for cannon fodder. I like him, though.

So glad no one turned around for that guy who thought he was all that and murdered Alanis' classic to boot.
Wow, what a douchebag! Good riddance.

I liked The Line and Lindsey Paveo. They are the only ones that really stand out for me on Christina's team.
Hmm, I feel that Team Xtina has the best talent, with a half-dozen knockouts. (I flove Lindsey, Opera Dude, and Jesse, and have high hopes for the Line and maybe even Brazilian Timberlake ... for his downloads potential)

I think that Cee Lo will have a very good team left after the battle round.
Dunno. Cee-Lo's team is by far the weakest, IMUO [in my uneducated opinion].

:watch: Looking forward to the battle rounds, for sure. I wonder how things will work once they get into the F6 (or whatever the near-last round will be) ... hopefully it'll be a cluster, enabling perhaps two from one team to advance to finals if they are both excellent.

TEAM SUMMARY FROM A GUY ON SURVIVOR SUCKS (Pseud = "Ohboy", if you want to click the live links to performances.)

team adam (12):
Tony Lucca @Luccadoes (mousketeer/fnl)
Kim Yarbrough @kimyarbrough (chaka khan)
Angel Taylor @ataylormusic (vh1 you oughta know girl)
Pip @pip_andrew (pip)
Katrina Parker @katrinapmusic (cubicle girl)
Chris Cauley @chriscauley (lil's friend's friend with the cap)
Nathan Parrett @Parrettnathan (rocker mystery meat I)
Nicolle Galyon @nicatnitemusic (piano country girl)
Karla Davis @karladavismusic (folksy girl mystery meat)
Mathai @mathaimusic (sassy indian-texan)
Whitney Myer @whitney_myer (lil orphan annie does alicia keys)
Orlando Napier @ONapiermusic (bar-fighting blues artiste)

team christina (12):
Chris Mann @IamChrisMann (opera singer)
Jesse Campbell @singjessesing (church singer)
Hailey and Leland @THELiNEMUSIC (not a couple duet)
Lindsey Pavao @LindseyPavao (xenia)
Geoff McBride @geoff_mcbride (stevie wonder)
Moses Stone @IamMosesStone (hiphop)
Jonathas @IKnowJonathas (brazillian usher)
Monique Benabou @MoniqueBenabou (lauren-turner-looking)
Anthony Evans @anthonyevansjr (son of a preacher man)
Ashley De La Rosa @UKnowAshleyDLR (diva mystery meat)
Lee Koch @leekochmusic (harp-playing baker)
Sera Hill @SeraHillSings (xtina's backup singer)

team cee lo (12):
Juliet Simms @JulietSimmsALL (good rock chick)
Jamar Rogers @JSquidward (gokey's meth head)
Angie Johnson @AngiekJohnson (singing soldier girl)
Sarah Holden @sarahmgolden (lunch lady pat)
Erin Martin @erinmartinmusic (warrior princess chipmunk)
James Massone @JamesMassone (boston boy)
Tony Vincent @TVofficial (broadway & bald)
Jamie Lono @JamieLono (wgwg and sammiches)
Justin Hopkins @jhopsmusicbox (carson's guitar guy)
Shields Bros. @ShieldsBrothers (gonna punch america in the face)
Cheesa @cheesyfbaby (chubby wahine)
Wade @WADEiguess (fun r&b kid)

team blake (12):
Rae Lynn @RaeLynnOfficial (little country girl)
Gwen Sebastian @GwenSebastian (north dakota country lady)
Jermaine Paul @JermainePaul (cocky alicia keys guy)
Erin Willet @erin_willett (big red)
Brian Fuente @bfuente (rocker mystery meat II)
Jordis Unga @jordismusic (rock star)
Naia Kete @naiakete (hippie chick with dreads)
Charlotte Sometimes @4eversometimes (not the cure song, not the children's book)
ALyX @followalyx (gothy mystery meat)
Jordan Rager @Jordan__Rager (country boy mystery meat)
Lex Land @lexland (nervous nellie)
Adley Stump @adleystump (country sorority girl)

Rob
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
a Good Voice that was off key.

ITA. I don't know why they turned around for her and Cheesa and not for Preston. She's not much of a performer so she'll lose the battle round if she doesn't get control of her nerves.

Aceon6
02-28-2012, 05:54 PM
She's not much of a performer so she'll lose the battle round if she doesn't get control of her nerves.

I think that was the point. They need folks to put into battle against their favorites. If she brings it, great, if not, no loss.

Jayar
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Am I the only one who died a bit inside when Blake said he liked Adam in a sexual way?

Cheylana
02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm still kinda bummed that Preston didn't get any judges to turn around. He was far more entertaining than many folks who got picked, including the dorky guy who supposedly is a "blues" singer. But I guess he didn't get the audience reaction he needed since he's not a young, boy-band looking guy. :(

Who???

:P
That's exactly what I said a few weeks ago when my sister told me Javier Colon dropped an album. I had completely forgotten about him! :o

I also got the impression that they did a real rush job on Javier's album. The real benefit of this show to people like Javier is that they get lots of exposure.
No doubt it's better than nothing. Still think $100K is stingy but maybe the next winner will be more memorable and sell some albums.

rfisher
02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Am I the only one who died a bit inside when Blake said he liked Adam in a sexual way?

I laughed until I was crying. Does that count?

my little pony
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm still kinda bummed that Preston didn't get any judges to turn around. He was far more entertaining than many folks who got picked, including the dorky guy who supposedly is a "blues" singer. But I guess he didn't get the audience reaction he needed since he's not a young, boy-band looking guy. :(

petroleum engineer got all kinds of audience reaction and no one turned. i would pay them to replace lex land or almost anyone picked last night with him or preston.

genevieve
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I really liked Lex Land's voice, but WOW once the judges turned around her performance went down the tubes. From having seen the previews, I was afraid that was the performance about which Cee-Lo was going to say "I made a mistake". I hope she can deal with her nerves, but if not she is crispy toast.

I actually loved the performance of the guy who sang Alannis, but he was just an asshat I was glad no one turned around. And then he was an even bigger asshat to the judges!!! I think Cee-Lo was just creating Good Television by asking if they could change the rules - no way was he asking for real.

Those farm brothers :rofl: :scream: Cannon fodder for sure. That Cee-Lo :lol:

Sorority girl was ok, but as someone upthread mentioned, her phrasing was weird. And her personality just bugs.

Cheesa was terrible!

I liked Whitney and Sera. What an awesome experience Sera got to have singing with Xtina! Good for her for not letting the moment overwhelm her (can you imagine what would have happened to Lex??? :yikes: )

I liked Preston, but I'll be honest - he chose a repetitive song that didn't showcase his voice, and didn't even show as much range as the song allows. Not surprised no one turned around :shuffle: I really liked his guitar playing though.

Cheylana
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
petroleum engineer got all kinds of audience reaction and no one turned. i would pay them to replace lex land or almost anyone picked last night with him or preston.
Which one was petroleum engineer again? My memory's been shot to hell :shuffle:

I actually loved the performance of the guy who sang Alannis, but he was just an asshat I was glad no one turned around. And then he was an even bigger asshat to the judges!!! I think Cee-Lo was just creating Good Television by asking if they could change the rules - no way was he asking for real.
I was holding my breath there, afraid the producers would give in and let this jerk on the show! :eek:

Allskate
02-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Which one was petroleum engineer again? My memory's been shot to hell :shuffle:

The guy with who sang the Script song. He must have watched Cee Lo pick the farm rockers and thought WTF? I thought he was better than a number of people who got picked last night.

Hmm, I feel that Team Xtina has the best talent, with a half-dozen knockouts. (I flove Lindsey, Opera Dude, and Jesse, and have high hopes for the Line and maybe even Brazilian Timberlake ... for his downloads potential)

I'm not sure XTina will really know what to do with some of these folks. What is she going to have opera dude sing in the battle rounds, and how well will he do? The Line will be a challenge, too, and the girl didn't have a solo part in the audition, did she? So, I don't know how good she is. I definitely like Lindsey, but I think she might get lost amongst all the singers in her kind of category. Jesse was pretty good. Sera is more XTina's cup of tea and is fairly good, but not great, IMUO. IMO, Jonathas has the best chance of making it to her top one or two.

Dunno. Cee-Lo's team is by far the weakest, IMUO [in my uneducated opinion].

I was talking about after the fodder is cut in the battles. I think he may have the worst of the fodder, but will have an interesting top three or four. Jamar, Tony, Sandwich guy . . Plus, although the Egyptian Warrior Princess will grate on a lot of people vocally, at least she will provide entertainment for a couple of shows. Add in someone like Juliet Simms, who I liked, even though a lot of others did not, and I think he'll have a very good mix of singers after the battles.

Other than Rae Lynn, I can't even begin to guess which ones will make it through on Blake's team. Perhaps Naia will go up against the nervous girl and go through.

I think that Adam will have a strong team. Chris, Orlando, Pip, Mathai, Whitney. . . We may see some relatively good singers like Tony and Angel cut pretty early.

But, it's so hard to know because we've seen very little of the contestants and a lot depends on who is in each pair and what song the coach chooses.

taf2002
02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I laughed until I was crying. Does that count?

Me too. I think Blake is a hoot.

I liked petroleum engineer's backstory but not his voice. And I hated Cheesy's & Lex Land's voices. I liked Preston a lot, loved his guitar playing, but that song was too dated. I think he could have been picked with a better song.

I really liked the girl, I think she was the 1st singer of the night, who had the really curly hair & kind of a punk look (Whitney? on Adam's team) & Sara, the last singer of the night. I think either of them could win it all. I can barely remember anyone from the previous auditions so I'm really looking forward to the battle rounds. I feel that I won't go into them with preconceived ideas of who is good & who is fodder.

John 3 17
03-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Jesse Campbell (from the first ep/single dad) tweeted that he's going to be on Trinity Broadcasting Network tonight. I'm sure that means the "Praise the Lord" show at 10pm EST! He says he's going to sing and be interviewed!

Jesse was one of my early faves so I "followed" him on twitter; looking forward to seeing him tonight!

-Bridget :)

LuckyCharm
03-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Battle rounds, ick...

PrincessLeppard
03-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Phrasing problems for both of these guys. They've got to shorten "beautiful" - you don't need to hit every syllable. And whoever is trying to sustain the long note---it's not good.

Didn't Lee DeWyze butcher this song as well? :scream:

rfisher
03-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Team Adam first up Mouskatony vs Chris Colley. Singing Beautiful Day
I'd give this to Mouskatony.

Love Xtina's hat.

From Purrfectthecat: Is this why they're keeping me backstage, all the mousez out there?

Adam agrees with me. :D