PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

PeterG
02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Anyone know the amount of the recording contract for this year's winner? I sure hope it's more than $100K. I mean, if they can spare $10 million for Xtina....

I couldn't believe this amount, so I googled it. According to okmagazine.com (http://www.okmagazine.com/news/christina-aguilera-paid-over-225000-episode-voice), Aguilera it making $225,000 per episode. With 16 episodes of season two according to epguides.com/voice (http://www.epguides.com/voice/), Christina is making 3.6 million for season two. I'm thinking she might have to pay some taxes on that, however! ;)

rfisher
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I couldn't believe this amount, so I googled it. According to okmagazine.com (http://www.okmagazine.com/news/christina-aguilera-paid-over-225000-episode-voice), Aguilera it making $225,000 per episode. With 16 episodes of season two according to epguides.com/voice (http://www.epguides.com/voice/), Christina is making 3.6 million for season two. I'm thinking she might have to pay some taxes on that, however! ;)

The 10 mil is reportedly what she's signed for for S3. The other 3 are 6 mil and change. I guess Xtina has a better agent than Adam, Blake and CeeLo. :lol:

Allskate
02-24-2012, 05:31 AM
The 10 mil is reportedly what she's signed for for S3. The other 3 are 6 mil and change. I guess Xtina has a better agent than Adam, Blake and CeeLo. :lol:

Maybe, but given her talent and fame, I would have thought that her agent could get her more than Jennifer Lopez. Jennifer reportedly makes more than ten million per year. IMO, Christina is more valuable to The Voice than Jennifer is to Idol (and Blake, Adam, and Cee Lo are, IMO, much more valuable than Randy or Steven, not to mention the very annoying Ryan Seacrest). If you are trying to launch and expand a show called "The Voice," it's hard to think of someone better than Christina to bring the show credibility and a good audience, especially if the person is going to be performing and coaching on the show.

This has been discussed by reviewers prior to the start of the program. I don't think that's uncommon given the singers have been spread out over 4 weeks and there was only a short segment for each compared to the endless pimping on AI.

I've watched four episodes of the The Voice and four episodes of AI and I don't think I have a stonger impression of the singers on AI - though the ones I remember most are the ones who were there last year, too. The coverage of AI is very personality driven, but only for a minority of contestants. And, realistically, with both shows, personality and looks play a role for viewers. If you look at both the AI thread and The Voice thread, there are people who form preferences based on quick judgement regarding looks, personality, and back story. I don't think they are spending more time per contestant on backstory on this season of The Voice. But, there are just so many contestants that it feels like a lot of backstory.

All the singers on the Voice can sing, but that's not the real focus of the show. The interaction of the mentors is the real draw. The strategy of playing the game; choosing a team, getting it down to 4. It's more about that than any individual singer. IMHO, this is what sets the show apart and keeps my interest. I've listened to AI and not heard anybody I'd buy records from, and the judges and Seacreat leave me cold. So, the Voice wins hands down for me.

I don't think the contestant singing is the primary focus of either show. Idol judges yammer just as much as the coaches on The Voice, but the Voice coaches are so much more entertaining and informative. And, instead of puff pieces throughout the season, with The Voice we get to see coaching, strategies, and talented coaches/singers performing. I agree that The Voice wins hands down.

Aceon6
02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
with The Voice we get to see coaching, strategies, and talented coaches/singers performing. I agree that The Voice wins hands down.

This. Another thing I prefer about The Voice is that the average contestant is older and has worked at music for a while. It makes it harder for a bad song choice to stick. Several times last season, The Voice contestants just flat out said "this isn't working" and got better arrangements or a different song.

Cheylana
02-24-2012, 07:09 PM
So about those recording ontracts...I hope the winner gets more than $100,000, that is just so cheap to me when Xtina is making $10 million $3.6 million. :P

KikiSashaFan
02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Sort of like how on SYTYCD the winner gets 250,000 and Cat Deely gets 1.2 mil for hosting. Not that she doesn't deserve it, because Cat is :rockstar: :respec: :rofl: :kickass:, but still.

taf2002
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Sort of like how on SYTYCD the winner gets 250,000 and Cat Deely gets 1.2 mil for hosting. Not that she doesn't deserve it, because Cat is :rockstar: :respec: :rofl: :kickass:, but still.

Ick...I'm NOT a fan of Cat D. Or JLo. But I luv Christina, Cee Lo, Adam, & Blake.

genevieve
02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
:lynch: How can anyone put the word "ick" in the same sentence at Cat Deeley?!? :drama:

Beefcake
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
:glamor: :o :glamor: Xtina is worth every damned :bribe: ...

... as, without her, The Voice would've never gotten off the ground; and even if it had it wouldn't have gathered the number of intrigued eyeballs in those integral opening weeks.

:watch: I was one of those "weird concept, but I'll watch it for Xtina" intrigued eyeballs owners.**

** :shuffle: Though, I must admit, I'm now no longer in that oh-so coveted age group :wuzrobbed ... i.e. those who waste trillions :bribe: on beer, fast food, and cheap sh*t, and rotate cars and wireless plans every 17 months.

genevieve
02-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll admit that it was Cee-Lo that made me want to tune in, but Xtina MADE last season for me - and I've never been a fan of her music before.

I don't have a problem with how much any of the judges are making. OTOH, The Twitter Twit from last season, and Christina Milian this season, should be paying to be a part of the show :lol:

PeterG
02-25-2012, 03:34 AM
So about those recording ontracts...I hope the winner gets more than $100,000, that is just so cheap to me when Xtina is making $10 million $3.6 million. :P

They will make money if they sell albums. No one from season one has been able to do that so far though.

taf2002
02-25-2012, 03:52 AM
:lynch: How can anyone put the word "ick" in the same sentence at Cat Deeley?!? :drama:

One word....jidges. (Where's the vomit emoticon?) I've never heard that accent from anyone else, I think she's putting it on, & I find it jarring.

OTOH, it's hard to think of a host of any reality show that I do like.

Beefcake
02-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Me n' my Amazing Race friends :lynch: >>>>>> taf

taf2002
02-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Me n' my Amazing Race friends :lynch: >>>>>> taf

I've never seen the majority of reality shows, but I have seen a few of them (not TAR) one time. I like shows where you have to have actual talent.

However, my guilty pleasure is Say Yes to the Dress.

Jayar
02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
One word....jidges. (Where's the vomit emoticon?) I've never heard that accent from anyone else, I think she's putting it on, & I find it jarring.

OTOH, it's hard to think of a host of any reality show that I do like.

She hasn't said it for at least two seasons now-- she lets that up to the crowd. She's a class act the whole way-- hoping she gets to host The X Factor.