PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

genevieve
02-21-2012, 04:01 PM
I did like dreadlocks girl, but her whole dreadlocked clan (even that little girl :lol:) made me think "So THAT's what happened to Hayzi Fantayzi!"

I thought piano country girl was just ok, but her brother was adorable.

Carson's friend should not have moved on. Neither should gospel guy - I really wanted him to do better than he did, but that was just not a good song for him. Guyliner Broadway guy definitely has a good voice and his look is compelling, but he seems way too slick already. Plus, I didn't like that he sang Queen after we got the backstory of how he had the option of working with Queen for 2 years. Reminded me of MiG, who relied way too much on his Queen repertory.

And I'm still annoyed by Charlotte Sometimes' drab appearance. She doesn't need to look goth, but she should at least have some strong sense of style if she's going to name herself after a famous song.

my little pony
02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
I did like dreadlocks girl, but her whole dreadlocked clan (even that little girl :lol:) made me think "So THAT's what happened to Hayzi Fantayzi!"

when she said she's been doing this 21 yrs, i thought of clyde's family in "an american tragedy" being forced to stand on street corners their whole lives. i hope she gets to sing inside after this.

skatesindreams
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
This competition needs "cannon fodder" for the battle rounds, as others have mentioned.
Several of last night's "chosen" will fill that role, probably against some of the team members we've barely seen.

I really liked "sandwich guy"; although like some of you, I wish he'd chosen Adam as mentor.
Cee-Lo sometimes seems more interested in promoting himself, rather than his singers.

genevieve
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I liked that Sammy chose Cee Lo

rfisher
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Cee-Lo sometimes seems more interested in promoting himself, rather than his singers.

Of course he is. :lol: How much better publicity for any new songs than this show? Moves Like Jagger has made killing for Maroon 5 and Xtina. Albeit, not as much for her as Adam, but still.

Beefcake
02-21-2012, 07:33 PM
This competition needs "cannon fodder" for the battle rounds, as others have mentioned. Several of last night's "chosen" will fill that role, probably against some of the team members we've barely seen.
Or is it a "both" situation rather than "either/or"? i.e. Fodder will be both those who got 20 seconds airtime and those who were middling but got their 5 minutes?

((((An early RIP to The Fodder -- :violin: may your respective waterloos in the knockout round be swift and painless.))))

taf2002
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Ducky? Did someone choose him? I thought he was rejected. I must have left the room.

BTW, I thought the guy would whined about no dad had a really good voice. Everything else about him was :scream: but it would have been interesting to see what a good mentor (read: not his mom) could do with him.

Rob
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
No-one took Ducky.

genevieve
02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
I liked Ducky

DarrellH
02-21-2012, 11:03 PM
I hated when Molly Ringwald didn't choose Ducky! He would have been a much better date! (oh....nevermind)

taf2002
02-22-2012, 12:02 AM
I hated when Molly Ringwald didn't choose Ducky! He would have been a much better date! (oh....nevermind)

I agree with you. (Love that movie!)

Garden Kitty
02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Adam was on the radio this morning and he talked about how he and Blake had become very close due to the show, and that he and his girlfriend spent New Year's weekend at Blake's house. He said he didn't know Blake's music before the show, but that they get along very well, and so does CeeLo. He admitted that there was some tension with Christina at first, in part because she was often late, but that she's gotten better about being on time (and that their salaries are a bit more equal after they renegotiated the second season), and that they get along with her well.

Allskate
02-22-2012, 03:02 AM
I didn't particularly like Xenia last year so her clones are :scream:

I did like Xenia, but I think they have waaaayyy too many singers of her type on the show this season. I think that's a mistake. They need more variety. But, all of the coaches still need two or three more contestants, so hopefully they'll balance it out a little bit more. But, I think that a lof of the Xenia-like singers will be up against each other in the first battle rounds and that will cull a lot of them.

Can someone with a better memory than mine figure out if the others need contenders or cannon fodder?

I don't think any of them are going to pass on someone just because they already have someone strong. It gives them another strong singer and deprives someone else of a strong singer. Plus, the producers want the overall level to be high. There really aren't that many who are actually bad.

Ideally, though, each of them will have at least two really strong singers make it to the final 8. You can see the current teams here and decide if you think that they each have multiple strong singers: http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/

I think Adam sees Pip, Mathai, and Angela as being his strongest right now, but I think that Chris Cauley might grow on him.

I'm guessing that Blake thinks the "real country singers" like Jordan and Rae Lynn are his strongest contenders along with the "unique" singers like Charlotte Sometimes and Naia.

For Cee Lo, I think his top two are probably Jamar and Tony, but he obviously likes the attractive women like Erin.

Christina has the opera guy, Chris. But, I don't know who else she really likes. I definitely think she has her share of fodder.

Matryeshka
02-22-2012, 03:05 AM

You know, in the original version of that movie, she DID end up with Ducky, but Ringwald didn't like it and it didn't test well with audiences, so the producers changed it.

I'm just now catching up with the Voice. I think Ducky needed some railroad tracks, some rope and a blonde.

Charlotte Summers? :rofl: I wonder if that's her real name. I can't decide if her voice is really unique and fabulous or if I've heard more tuneful names on chalkboards. I did like the Egyptian Princess girl--the one that sounded like a cross between Macy Grey and Yael Naim. She's the first person I've heard so far that I felt anything either way.

Blake's cleaning up with the girls, not that I blame them. :grope:

ETA: :doh: on "Summers" I was thinking Charlotte Sometimes, which made me leap to Friday I'm in Love, which is such a good summer song, hence Charlotte Summer. :rofl: Clearly, I can't multitask.

taf2002
02-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Charlotte Summers? :rofl: I wonder if that's her real name. :

Her name is Charlotte Sometimes & that's definitely NOT her real name.