PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Garden Kitty
02-21-2012, 03:07 AM
Blake and Adam make me LOL

And that's why this show rocks - I don't even care about Mathai when I can watch those two fight. :lol:

rfisher
02-21-2012, 03:09 AM
And that's why this show rocks - I don't even care about Mathai when I can watch those two fight. :lol:

Yeah. If the singers are good, I just consider that a bonus. Looks like the blind auditions aren't over yet.

taf2002
02-21-2012, 05:35 AM
I loved Broadway Tony...I couldn't believe only one person turned for him. And then several turned for Charlotte? I thought she has a very weak voice. I like the back stories, as long as they don't make it all about the story & not the voice...for that reason I really liked Sandwich Boy & Gospel Dude althought I think they will be cannon fodder. Guitar Guy is too.

The soul guy was too unoriginal. His voice is as good as a lot of people who are getting picked but he did nothing for the song. I wasn't that impressed with country piano girl but she's ok. But I thought Mathia was really good. Great stage presence & confident delivery.

Jayar
02-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Don't wreck Adele with off pitch wailing. Of course, the judges are going to love it. Ugh. :scream:

She was shite.

Allskate
02-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I loved Broadway Tony...I couldn't believe only one person turned for him. And then several turned for Charlotte?

That's how I felt. But, I do think that Cee Lo is a good match for him. Blake wouldn't know what to do with him and Adam hates the theatrical. I thought XTina might turn for him.

PML You're not the boss of me

One of the best lines of the night. :lol:

Blake totally talked Xtina into taking the "Mr. Know It All" singer. :lol: I don't think she's going to go far. There were far better singers that Xtina did not turn for.

Blake has a lot of the quirkier women, though he lost out a few of them. I think they'll do battle against each other early on.

I liked Sandwhich Guy, but not his fashion sense. :lol: I don't think Cee Lo was the right choice for him, even if Cee Lo does like sandwiches. I'm guessing he'll end up battling Carson's friend.

It's an interesting calculation each coach has to make. Is it a voice they like? Is it a voice and style they think they can work with? Is the person's style too similar to ones they've already chosen? Have they already picked too many people or too few? I think all of them are probably kicking themselves over a few choices.

genevieve
02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
This season is a bit of a letdown.

Could Charlotte Sometimes look LESS like someone named for a Cure song? :drama: I did like her voice, but she was one I needed to hear and not see.

How much did Sammy's employer pay to get their sandwich shop significant airtime?

If your schtick is that you're a white dude who sings deep soul and you want to take advantage of the Voice, Hall & Oates is not the best choice.

Mathai was not good.

Cheylana
02-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Pretty weak episode; didn't get excited about any of the contestants. Mostly future cannon fodder, methinks. I found myself resenting all of the sob stories, and I particularly disliked the guy who carped about not having a dad to toss around a baseball with and "only" having his mom. The dismissive tone regarding his mother was a turnoff for me. I get that the show is trying to personalize the contestants but why not show their random hidden talents, like juggling or something? :lol:

Also, I feel like there's been 4-5 girls this season already that sound like Xenia and each of them is praised for having a "unique" voice. Umm, ok. :lol:

If your schtick is that you're a white dude who sings deep soul and you want to take advantage of the Voice, Hall & Oates is not the best choice.
He might have made it work with a different H&O song (perhaps "I Can't Go for That"?) but definitely not that one. :yikes:

PeterG
02-21-2012, 07:38 AM
I kind of liked her :shuffle:

Mathai was great. Hopefully she can go far and maybe, just maybe the U.S. will have its (first?) pop star of Indian descent. :respec:

Allskate
02-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Also, I feel like there's been 4-5 girls this season already that sound like Xenia and each of them is praised for having a "unique" voice. Umm, ok. :lol:

I think there are a whole bunch of them that fall into that category and not just on Blake's team. But close to half of them probably will be eliminated in the first group of battle rounds. I'm hoping there are a few rockers on the next episode.

my little pony
02-21-2012, 12:34 PM

there are tons of them, like a small cult. i have to think some of the people picked tonight are filling out the teams as cannon fodder.

taf2002
02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I didn't particularly like Xenia last year so her clones are :scream:

MarieM
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Xenia's voice was incredible. It's her stage presence that killed her :(

Aceon6
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
I have to keep reminding myself that the coaches have already made up their minds about their favorites thus far and need to make sure that those folks don't have obstacles in the battle rounds. For Xtina, she's nabbed her best guy on the first show, so she needs a couple of barely adequate singers to put against him to make sure he wins.

Can someone with a better memory than mine figure out if the others need contenders or cannon fodder?

Beefcake
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Really enjoyed the episode, as usual, but almost totally for the coaches interactions versus the talent. Interesting approaches by the coaches, methinks. Xtina, who I feel has the strongest team thus far, was definitely in "find some fodder" mode, while Blake seemed to be pushing very hard -- fretting and sweating with every choice. Adam is somewhere in between; and then there's Cee-Lo, who really doesn't seem to have a serious side to him, and doesn't appear to be competing.

None of last night's singers really made an impression enough on me to carry over into the next morning ... IMO most of the contenders were shown the first two episodes.

Favorite moment of the episode was Country pianowoman's brother ... sooooo sweet :) how excited he was when she made a team. Gospel guy was God .... awful. But the WTF moment was all four turning for the screechy Charlotte Sometimes (she is far better than that performance, though).

Dreadlocks are NOT for older white women with hairline issues. :yikes:

Purrfect is a STAR! :hat1: And knows it ... what a diva.

Rob
02-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I really liked Sandwich boy and dreadlocks girl. I think Guyliner has a good voice, but his spider legs movement kinda bugged me. I might like Charlotte Sometimes and Mattai, we will see. Would have picked big soul singer who should have done a different song over gospel guy with evangelist dad. Country piano girl can get a lot out of some coaching. Not all that crazy about Carson's friend -- he's ok. Still love this show.