PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

rfisher
02-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Why didn't we get to hear more of these 3 guys? Grrrrrr.....

4rkidz
02-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Why didn't we get to hear more of these 3 guys? Grrrrrr.....

I'm confused.. were they on earlier? Or that's it.. we don't get to see them audition :confused:

dbell1
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Jordis is up next! :watch:

Where's Gen? :lol:

rfisher
02-14-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm confused.. were they on earlier? Or that's it.. we don't get to see them audition :confused:

No, they weren't on earlier. I don't know why they didn't show the entire audition since they went through. I've lost track of how many each coach has picked, but I don't think anybody has 12 yet so there must be at least one more audition show.

rfisher
02-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Jordis is up next! :watch:

Where's Gen? :lol:

Flying the friendly skies. She'll be pissed that she missed this. :lol:

dbell1
02-14-2012, 03:00 AM
I miss the dreads! :(

She's all glammed up for this.

rfisher
02-14-2012, 03:03 AM
You could hear the nerves on a couple of notes. I'm surprised about that. She's essentially a pro!

The logical choice would be Xtina, but Blake would be great.

Is Xtina saying touring or whoring? :lol:

Called it. Blake will do a great job for her. Kelly is one of his assistants.

dbell1
02-14-2012, 03:06 AM
:biggrinbo Best decision she could have made! Blake believes in his people and will work with and for them.

4rkidz
02-14-2012, 03:07 AM
I agree, picking Blake was a good idea - he seemed really motivated and I think he's really sincere.. plus she is different to some of his others.. so could last..

Garden Kitty
02-14-2012, 03:07 AM

It seems that for a numnber of the ones we didn't see the whole audition, only one person picked them. I suspect the judges like the interplay among the judges as much as we do and when only one person turns, it's sort of an anticlimax.

ETA: Who is Jordis and why would we know her except from this show?

dbell1
02-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Well, I'll be voting my fingers off again once we get a chance to. :)

Pretty happy Jordis didn't even seem to consider Cee Lo. Christina was a strong choice too there - she could help her with her range. Adam surprised me by not turning.

Dad of Jordis was pretty freaking awesome. :lol:

4rkidz
02-14-2012, 03:12 AM
It seems that for a numnber of the ones we didn't see the whole audition, only one person picked them. I suspect the judges like the interplay among the judges as much as we do and when only one person turns, it's sort of an anticlimax.

ETA: Who is Jordis and why would we know her except from this show?

she is the one from INXS - so she has already had breaks and albums I do believe?? So why would this be any different - if she can't make it by now :shuffle:

dbell1
02-14-2012, 03:47 AM
No albums. She was 22 on Rock Star: INXS (Our Band). Check you tube for her performances there. Just avoid "Dream On". :shuffle: I still have her stuff on my iPod - great raw talent.

I don't see Jordis as anything different than Frenchie, former AI bootee (last year with Christina), Dia and her albums (with Blake), or even Tony Lucca (the former teen tv Mouseketeer) in terms of exposure. I think this show having 'mentors' might help more than a competition type show like AI, or RS. At least, I hope so.

rfisher
02-14-2012, 04:19 AM
It gives them national exposure. If they get a record deal and nab a good producer, they have a shot. How far she goes now is up to her. Blake has Kelly and Miranda helping and I think both can help Jordis. What Blake won't do is try to make her into something she's not. Cee lo likes to experiment with different genres and it doesn't always work for the singer. I don't think she's necessarily the best singer on the show this season, but that's not always what gets the audience involved.

Allskate
02-14-2012, 06:09 AM
I was a little surprised that nobody turned around for the girl who sang Mercy.

I also was surprised that all four turned for Pip. I'm in the minority, but I didn't think that Pip's voice was all that great. His tone didn't sound too special. I'm not sure which coach would be good for him, but maybe he felt an affinity for Adam. Go Team Scrawny! :lol:

I thought Katrina should not have chosen If God Was One of Us because her voice isn't as interesting as Joan Osbourne's and I kept making the comparison.

I can't wait to see what Egyptian Warrior Princess does with CeeLo. What a fun combination.

I think Adam would have been the best coach for the Boston boy, but I get why he didn't turn around. I don't think I would have turned around either.

Bowling alley girl has crap taste in friends, but she rocks the blue hair better than Katy Perry does, and might even sing a little better than her. I totally get why nobody turned around. She wasn't in the same league as most of the other contestants.

I was surprised that Adam seemed only lukewarm on Chris Caughley when he pushed the button. To me, they seem like they would be a great pair, so I hope Adam gets a little more excited about him because I'd like this guy to stick around.

I'm not sure Blake was the right choice for Jordis.