PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Aceon6
02-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Seems to me that the most experienced are going with Adam or Blake, while the newer ones are mesmerized by CeeLo and Xtina. Blake, of all of them, actually put money in his artist's pockets last time. I'm guessing the ones who chose him are hoping it will happen again.

Beefcake
02-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty surprised at how finicky the coaches are being. All of them require some cannon fodder, as they'll be whittling their entourages from 12 to 6, and will need to pair their respective contenders up with people whose prospective performances/immediate elimination won't raise eyebrows. So why not turn around for the boy band boy and the rocker guy?

Methinks that'll happen more as the clock starts ticking next week. Probably a nice advantage to audition later, when the coaches have picked up some bonafide title contenders already and/or are feeling pressured to get their full dozen ... perhaps giving one a better chance if you got nervous and failed on a note or three? ((( Big girl Hoja. Would've liked to see what she really had to offer. )))

Loved army girl and the Xenia-with-her-shit-together girl, and Gokey's friend.
Yes! Especially Ultra Xenia. Please please please, Xtina, package her right ... this girl is F4 material.

Heck, in fact, Xtina has several F4 calibre singers in her stable, already. Hmmm.

No Jordis :(
One more week of auditions, right? Maybe she'll be shown, yet?

MarieM
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Just three episodes of auditions ?? Really ??

Frau Muller
02-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Angie Johnson (a.k.a. Army woman) is the hands-down winner for me, so far. OMG, she is AMAZING!!!! She has so much besides a gorgeous traditional-style voice that appeals to millions. No gimmicks. The 'patriotic connection' doesn't hurt, either.

Rob
02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Yale football kid would have made it through on Idol or XFactor. And the really pretty girl who was off pitch (Pamela Rose?) might have made it past Randy and Steven.

my little pony
02-07-2012, 04:56 PM
yale should return to yale. he will still be adorable when he graduates. plus he has connections.

skatesindreams
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Perhaps "Yale Guy's" father can send him to a vocal coach.
He had possibilities; but, needed work before he'd be ready for this show.

birdgal
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Yale football kid would have made it through on Idol or XFactor. And the really pretty girl who was off pitch (Pamela Rose?) might have made it past Randy and Steven.

Have you noticed that Randy and Steven will often send through the pretty girls, even if their voices are not up to par? Sometimes it has seemed that way to me.

genevieve
02-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Have you noticed that Randy and Steven will often send through the pretty girls, even if their voices are not up to par? Sometimes it has seemed that way to me.

Cee-Lo has also commented upon seeing some of the (usually very typical looking) pretty young things that he wished he could take it back and hit his buzzer. Sometimes I wonder if he says it to emphasize that this show really does put the voice first, but I actually think he is bummed out to lose some of the contestants whose voices aren't up to par.

skatesindreams
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Seems to me that the most experienced are going with Adam or Blake, while the newer ones are mesmerized by CeeLo and Xtina. Blake, of all of them, actually put money in his artist's pockets last time. I'm guessing the ones who chose him are hoping it will happen again.

Blake does seem to personally "invest" himself to a greater degree than the others do, into helping his group succeed.

I think that Adam is searching for a certain "sound", and doesn't turn his chair until he hears it.
Whether that's good or bad, I don't know'; since he may have left some good choices for the others to pick.

Another thing that fascinates me about the show.

Matryeshka
02-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Cee-Lo has also commented upon seeing some of the (usually very typical looking) pretty young things that he wished he could take it back and hit his buzzer. Sometimes I wonder if he says it to emphasize that this show really does put the voice first, but I actually think he is bummed out to lose some of the contestants whose voices aren't up to par.

I think Cee Lo in a nutshell sums up America's bizarre fascination with looks. He, more than ANYONE, should be sympathetic to the not-traditionally attractive singer and least affected when the pretty person gets let go because his/her main talent was good hair. Instead, he's the most obsessed with looks.

I also LOVE in a snarky way how they proclaim unlike that OTHER show, THIS show is about talent...yet they're so pissed when the pretty ones get let go.

rfisher
02-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Because pretty sells. Unless you're Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger. If you're pretty and can sing, you're in which is why Army Girl has a real shot at winning the whole thing if they package her right and give her good fast songs that people want to download.

I like the singers because all of them can sing, but I love the show because of the mentors. I was :huh: at the original combination of personalities and genres, but they are an awesome team. Funny, smart, hot, and all extremely talented in their own right. They are so superior to the AI or X Factor team, it's unreal.

Sassafras
02-08-2012, 12:41 AM
I was :huh: at the original combination of personalities and genres, but they are an awesome team. Funny, smart, hot, and all extremely talented in their own right. They are so superior to the AI or X Factor team, it's unreal.

ITA

birdgal
02-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Because pretty sells. Unless you're Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger. If you're pretty and can sing, you're in which is why Army Girl has a real shot at winning the whole thing if they package her right and give her good fast songs that people want to download.

I like the singers because all of them can sing, but I love the show because of the mentors. I was :huh: at the original combination of personalities and genres, but they are an awesome team. Funny, smart, hot, and all extremely talented in their own right. They are so superior to the AI or X Factor team, it's unreal.

ITA. The contestants are more talented than AI or X-Factor and the mentors are awesome. I am really enjoying this show. I came in late last season, but this season, I can see and hear, why people enjoy this show so much.

genevieve
02-08-2012, 02:36 AM
what I loved so much about last year is that it showed that voters can be trusted to vote based on voice and the TRUE package of a person. When Beverly was voted safe - a middle aged bald butch dyke* FFS!!! - out of all of Team Xtina, I just about wept. yeah, the safe guy won the big prize, but 1) he was hella talented and 2) Vicci and Beverly got SHAFTED in the final competition with their star duet, and I'd also say that Vicci got lost a bit in Cee-Lo's Great Packaging Machine. I really respected the way Xtina and Blake were able to promote their singers and draw out what made them unique. Not sure about Adam's ability to do that because he didn't have to...Adam's already got the vaguely alternative crowd, and his singer was ready for the mainstream.

I do wonder what Cee-Lo would have done with Nakia if he's made it to the finals.

but anyway...it remains to be seen if the show can hold onto the cred of promoting the truly talented but not conventional without going all Breakfast Club Makeover on them.

*on the off chance anyone doesn't already know this and has their boxers in a wad - I am a dyke and this is a COMPLIMENT