PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

4rkidz
02-07-2012, 03:07 AM
I really enjoy the banter with these judges.. and also the anticipation of observing them just listen to the singers without seeing them ... and now on to SMASH.. let's see if this is a grown up glee or not.. I just love musicals.. so good for me..

John 3 17
02-07-2012, 03:08 AM
I realllllllly liked Angel! She did really good with that song (I looooove that song, btw). I loved Adam flirting and winking at her when he turned around, and her saying she has a "massive" crush on Blake. How could any girl choose between those two? And Cee-Lo, too? Tough decision she had.

Garden Kitty
02-07-2012, 03:10 AM
The relationship among the judges really is the best part of this show. Such different personalities and their sniping seems good natured and fun.

dbell1
02-07-2012, 03:19 AM
:wall: I missed the first 30 minutes.

Loved Army chick. Glad Yale guy went home. It's all about song choice on this show.

In my fantasy world, Blake is my coach. He nurtures and pushes his people. And I love Miranda (and Kelly).

Allskate
02-07-2012, 04:32 AM
PML They're killing poor Blake :rofl:

I freaking love Christina.

Blake: They were fooled by flash and boobs.

I think the non-couple duo should have gone with Blake.

That was Danny Gokey's friend, Jamar Rogers. When he was on AI, they (or he) left out the fact that he was a recovered meth addict who is HIV positive. Huh.

PrincessLeppard
02-07-2012, 04:39 AM
I liked him way better than Gokey. I also liked the girl who sang "heartbreaker."

shan
02-07-2012, 04:43 AM
I liked him way better than Gokey. I also liked the girl who sang "heartbreaker."

Was that the girl in the Air Force? I liked her too!

Kruss
02-07-2012, 05:08 AM
I had no idea Angel Taylor was going to be on this. I saw her at a local show (http://www.flickr.com/photos/songkat/4882945517/in/set-72157624520940232) when Kris Allen played here, really enjoyed her set.

Allskate
02-07-2012, 06:06 AM
I think Kelly Clarkson is a little out of this girl's vocal range. Clarkson might be a popstar, but she's a freaking powerhouse. You have to have some range and some ummph to sing one of her songs, especially this one.

Adam had me laughing out loud when he commented on how good looking she was and said "congrats on that." :lol:

Other than the fact that Adam won last year -- thank you Blake for reminding us of that :lol: -- I don't quite understand why Kim (a.k.a. Chaka Khan) chose Adam. I think Christina would have been better suited for her.

I've seen the army woman do that Adele cover before. That video went viral.

That football player looks way too small to play football. He definitely sounded like a nasally boy band singer, though. He would have gone through on AI; he's purty.

I think Lindsey should have picked Blake, but I'll be interested to see what Christina does with her.

Angel Taylor must have a fairly sizeable fan base. Her video used to get played on VH1. In fact, I think she was a VH1 "You Oughtta Know" artist. The song was sort of like earlier Colbie Caillat. I wish she had gone with Blake.

genevieve
02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Loved army girl and the Xenia-with-her-shit-together girl, and Gokey's friend.

I am shocked by the love for the last chick. I thought she wasn't very good - but the sight of her mom & sisters bouncing around backstage was pretty awesome :cheer2:

Alicia Keys' backup singer was ok but I thought it was the wrong song choice. Didn't care for his arrogance during selection, but it was interesting that he chose Blake.

Pamela Rose was the weakest singer they've had so far this season.

No Jordis :(

AragornElessar
02-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Before I say anything else about tonight's show, I have to say this...

I do believe I have achieved the impossible. Both of my Parents, who are in their 80's, are well and truly hooked on this show. I got Mom to watch last night and she was raving so much about it and the Judges going back and forth she tells my Dad this morning, "You HAVE to watch this tonight. (turns to me) It is on tonight again, right? (I nod) You're watching tonight."

And Dad loved it too after watching it. As I said...The freaking impossible has happened!!

I also thought Alicia Keys' backup singer oversang Complicated and was a bit arrogant about wanting to hear the word "keep". Good on Blake from slapping him down a bit. I think he does have a good voice, but needs to dial it back a lot.

Kim going to Adam surprised me a bit too, but could be interesting too. Didn't care for the song she picked, but can see the potential.

All in all...Two great nights and I am so happy this is back, but even happier I've got my Parents hooked. For the first time in too long a time, I'll actually have a show we can all watch together and enjoy. Can't wait for next week. :D

reckless
02-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Other than the fact that Adam won last year -- thank you Blake for reminding us of that :lol: -- I don't quite understand why Kim (a.k.a. Chaka Khan) chose Adam. I think Christina would have been better suited for her.
One thing that really impressed me about Adam last year was his song choices. He really managed to find songs that fit the voices of his team members. The one that still stands out in my mind is his using "Leather and Lace" for Casey and Tim. They both had unusual voices, but the song was perfect at showing off their unique qualities.

By comparison, I think Christina made some terrible choices for her singers. Single Ladies for Frenchie and Taralyn. :scream: If I were Kim, I would fear a repeat of something like that.

I personally hated Kim's song choice because I don't think it showcased her voice very well. I suspect she can probably do a lot more, but think Christian would give her generic pop/R&B. I think Adam will think a bit more outside-the-box.

MarieM
02-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Blake would be my first choice of mentor. Because I saw how he worked last season, and he was the best at nurturing his singers. Well Dia doesn't count since she knew what and how she was gonna do it :lol:
Adam will pick his winner from his batch, will help him to his best, will try to help at least one more, but the others are toast.
Xtina doesn't have a game plan. Well she didn't last year. I hope she'll have one this year but her song choices were ... blah.
C-Lo took chances with his singers, too many if you ask me, and he couldn't find the right package for them. I hope his co mentors will help !

John 3 17
02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
One thing that really impressed me about Adam last year was his song choices. He really managed to find songs that fit the voices of his team members. The one that still stands out in my mind is his using "Leather and Lace" for Casey and Tim. They both had unusual voices, but the song was perfect at showing off their unique qualities.

By comparison, I think Christina made some terrible choices for her singers. Single Ladies for Frenchie and Taralyn. :scream: If I were Kim, I would fear a repeat of something like that.

I personally hated Kim's song choice because I don't think it showcased her voice very well. I suspect she can probably do a lot more, but think Christian would give her generic pop/R&B. I think Adam will think a bit more outside-the-box.

ITA with this whole post. Xtina was rather generic with her team last year. Adam was not. I really look forward to what Adam does with Kim.

-Bridget :)

MarieM
02-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Let's hope Adam and Blake bring it again, because both Xtina and C-Lo were a mess in the song choices.
But so far, I'm not as impressed by anyone as I was at this stage last year. We'll see but I don't have a favorite yet.

Well the Mickey mouse club guy was all kinds of fun, but ... not for the good reasons ;)