PDA

View Full Version : Should Rachael Flatt & Mirai Nagasu now retire?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Skittl1321
01-30-2012, 06:40 PM
I think they should retire only if they no longer enjoy skating. It seems to me that Rachael still loves to skate, even if many posters do not love watching her.

Mirai- I don't know. She got her first international medal this season, not really a retirement sign... But she also seems miserable out there.

I'd love for both of them to get back to their previous levels of success

blue_idealist
01-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Rachael should retire and focus on school.

Mirai shouldn't retire because she has more talent and just needs to get her head together. Plus, she doesn't have a potential bio-engineering career in the making to attend to.

PeterG
01-30-2012, 11:43 PM
It is vitally important than when one fails at something, they must quit immediately. Otherwise we would be surrounded by loosers. And who would want that?

Much love,

PeterG
Spelling Teacher

Cheylana
01-30-2012, 11:47 PM
:eek::eek: How dare you make such awful comments, PeterG? You must be the worst person in the world! Meanie!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Love,
An expert at detecting sarcasm ;)

victoriaheidi
01-31-2012, 01:05 AM
It is vitally important than when one fails at something, they must quit immediately. Otherwise we would be surrounded by loosers. And who would want that?

Much love,

PeterG
Spelling Teacher

I looooooooove this post. So, so much.

Sew I think we agree. Marai and Rachel shuld retier bcuz there scores at this years' Nashinals weren't real good.

Vagabond
01-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Plus, she doesn't have a potential bio-engineering career in the making to attend to.

And how do you know that?

skateboy
01-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Brian Boitano had no business coming back and trying for the Olys in '94. He didn't even win his own Nationals and kept a truly deserving skater from going to Lillehammer. And he didn't even make the podium! And who did Petrenko think he was trying for the same thing? And Katarina Witt? Let's face it, Kurt Browning peaked about a year before the '92 Olympics, there was no way he was going to do well. Why he bothered to stick around after that was ridiculous. I mean, yeah, he won '93 Worlds, but that was just a fluke, really. He just made a fool out of himself in '94. And can you believe that Elaine Zayak came back in '94, ten years after her last competition? OMG! How EMBARRASSING! Why did we have to be subjected to all these has-beens, past their prime??? How utterly PAINFUL to endure!!!

(I hope you all know that I'm obviously being sarcastic here.)

victoriaheidi
01-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Brian Boitano had no business coming back and trying for the Olys in '94. He didn't even win his own Nationals and kept a truly deserving skater from going to Lillehammer. And he didn't even make the podium! And who did Petrenko think he was trying for the same thing? And Katarina Witt? Let's face it, Kurt Browning peaked about a year before the '92 Olympics, there was no way he was going to do well. Why he bothered to stick around after that was ridiculous. I mean, yeah, he won '93 Worlds, but that was just a fluke, really. He just made a fool out of himself in '94. And can you believe that Elaine Zayak came back in '94, ten years after her last competition? OMG! How EMBARRASSING! Why did we have to be subjected to all these has-beens, past their prime??? How utterly PAINFUL to endure!!!

(I hope you all know that I'm obviously being sarcastic here.)

I know you're being sarcastic, but for all the reasons you stated above, I wish my parents had taped the 94 Olympics. That's a tape I'd love to have now that I have a VCR.

RD
01-31-2012, 02:43 AM
Well, either one should retire when they want to, not when fans or media tell them to.

That said, I definitely think Flatt has hit her peak and it's really downhill from here. If Flatt chooses to retire now, she can be satisfied with her effort at US Nationals...her final competitive performance was a strong and emotional one.

As for Nagasu, it really depends on her- whether she is willing to buckle down or whether she has lost all source of motivation. I don't think it's too late for her to turn things around if she wants to shoot for Sochi, but she better get cracking this summer as the clock is ticking.

Sasha'sSpins
01-31-2012, 06:55 AM
I know you're being sarcastic, but for all the reasons you stated above, I wish my parents had taped the 94 Olympics. That's a tape I'd love to have now that I have a VCR.

I taped it but my VCR died on me and I haven't bothered to buy another one yet since I have a TV/DVD combo. Keep meaning to though. I want to see "Carmen on Ice" on television again rather than on youtube. :D