PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

clarie
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Just as I reread my post above and realized how comma happy I was :D

:lol: Commas are good, people should use them more.....along with semi-colins.

Rafter
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I think pani needs to remember one thing that marbri posted awhile back. Something that Tracy Wilson said that sometimes the decisions you make months ago can impact results later in the season. Unfortunately for Tessa and Scott decisions made by Marina and them months ago in choosing Funny Face will probably impact how they do this year. Blame can be placed on Marina for bringing the idea to the table for this season and on V/M for accepting it. But they have to know themselves that it will be very hard to compete against the music if Die Fledemaus. Now I think Scott has a pretty healthy ego so maybe he thinks that won't or shouldn't matter but it's quite obvious.

I wonder if this will be the last yer we see Tessa and Scott compete. If they lose again at worlds I wouldn't be surprised to see Tessa wanting to retire.

pani
01-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I wonder if this will be the last yer we see Tessa and Scott compete. If they lose again at worlds I wouldn't be surprised to see Tessa wanting to retire.

Thats why i am worry about this season results so much. Nothing bad in silver medal id T-S still compete, but not if they will retire.

What do you think about this dress fro Tessa in SD
http://www.latindancefashions.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_118&products_id=1316

Or this
http://www.latindancefashions.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_118&products_id=1609
http://www.latindancefashions.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_118&products_id=1677

Macassar88
01-30-2012, 07:33 PM
So I have my own giant conspiracy theory that will blow all of yours out of the water. Zueva is underhyping T-S so that D/W will go into Sochi as the undisputable favorites. Scott and Tessa's families will bet a giant chunk of money on T-S and marina will politick in their favor and split the winnings. :lol:

pani
01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
So I have my own giant conspiracy theory that will blow all of yours out of the water. Zueva is underhyping T-S so that D/W will go into Sochi as the undisputable favorites. Scott and Tessa's families will bet a giant chunk of money on T-S and marina will politick in their favor and split the winnings. :lol:

:lol:
And they teach Shibs for bronz to them in Sochi

Subway
01-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Who says the problem is their programs? Funny Face is undefeated. Everybody just leaps over other possibilities. Judges have gone speed-crazy before - or for apparent speed because I think Scott and Tessa are just about as fast and shouldn't be penalized for their ability to master different tempos.

Scott and Tessa were rewarded for what they did during the Olympic season and came close to pulling it off at the last Worlds even though it was their first full competition and Tessa was out of gas by the end. Until this year they never got any idea that ice dance judging was going to act like D/W were the second coming of ice dance. If there's a problem it's not with Scott and Tessa's programs but less-than-critical judging of D/W's skating. Charlie had a twizzle issue in the fd and you'd never know it by the scoring at Nationals. How would changing environments change how the judges score D/W?

They have two very good programs. They're great programs. We've yet to see a clean performance of the new short. If anything, from my very biased opinion, the problem lies in what Tracy observed - VM aren't getting enough credit in the scoring for their skill and difficulty. They got credit for it in 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. How were they or Marina/Igor supposed to predict that would possibly change and the judges would go more for in-your-face?

I think ice dance judging is more or less honest in theory. I don't have great faith in judges as people. I believe so muchsubjectivity goes into it that isn't acknowledged. D/W is an easy call. It's like Grishok & Platov whipping around in a frenzy on the ice. Ironically, Virtue and Moir are extremely fast, if not possibly faster than D/W, but it's not flaunted.

When did FF become a bad idea? It's beaten Strauss. We don't know about the short because Tessa and Scott haven't yet laid it down. For me, it's like a lot of people never cared for ballroom dancing or Scott and Tessa's style so they're using this situation as a pretext hoping to influence Scott and Tessa to skate another style, as they've wanted them to for years. They never seem to consider Scott and Tessa in these posts.

aka_gerbil
01-30-2012, 07:38 PM

Given that Worlds are in their hometown next year, I'm betting that they stick around for it. :) Plus, one thing for certain, they're not quitters.

pani
01-30-2012, 07:42 PM
We don't know about the short because Tessa and Scott haven't yet laid it down.

Fin Throhy, SC, TEB?

Subway
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I thought Subway was showing the implications of pani's posts. In order for pani's claims to be correct, V/M have to basically be dupes. It seems to me Subway takes issue with V/M being constantly portrayed as idiots by pani.

Thanks, yes.

pani
01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks, yes.

You know better, what i want to say - maybe this made you happy :lol:
Will talk about Z-Sh after 4CC or Wh or maybe OG in Sochi :D

pani
01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Look at this picture
http://uaproxy.com/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3MwMTgucmFkaWthbC5ydS9pNTI2Lz EyMDEvZGMvMDc5MGU2OGU1NmI0LmpwZw%3D%3D

Subway
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
You know better, what i want to say - maybe this made you happy :lol:

You'd have to see my facial expression and decide if you had the same gift with me that you have with Tessa and Scott of seeing if I'm happy or my eyes say something else.

But seriously, if I do know better what you want to say, how is that different than you knowing better for Tessa and Scott?

pani
01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
You'd have to see my facial expression and decide if you had the same gift with me that you have with Tessa and Scott of seeing if I'm happy or my eyes say something else.

But seriously, if I do know better what you want to say, how is that different than you knowing better for Tessa and Scott?

You brought reall Bright in this thread :D

DORISPULASKI
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Fin Throhy, SC, TEB?

pani, you may think Tessa and Scott can't skate their SD any better, but I certainly think they can. Plus they always improved significantly between Nationals and Worlds. I'm sure I don't know why this year should be different.

Subway
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
You brought reall Bright in this thread :D

Maybe more than one person on this thread has the gift of knowing a stranger better than they know themselves. :D