PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67

Proustable
02-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Oh and as much as I hate the SD I adored V&M's last season. The outfts, the music, the dance, pure elegance. But enough is enough it ain't workin', why wait until Sochi is over?

Yeah, I really liked their waltz/tango SD last season. It looked like it sprang from the mind of F. Scott Fitzgerald, it was so attuned with the era and mood it was presenting. Just astonishing.

elle123
02-26-2012, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I really liked their waltz/tango SD last season. It looked like it sprang from the mind of F. Scott Fitzgerald, it was so attuned with the era and mood it was presenting. Just astonishing.

I agree, the choreography, costuming and the dancing was superb - imagine how much more amazing it would've been if they had the whole season to perfect it.

I've really loved the programs that Scott and Tessa have done during the 2 seasons that Tessa had the surgeries. I was just watching their Pink Floyd free dance and I have to say that serpentine lift is probably my all-time favourite lift of Tessa and Scott's. I wonder why you don't see that many teams do serpentine lifts.

Sauron
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
1. Ice Dancing is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have without Taking her Clothes off (This may offend some people but it's a play on a Panic! at the Disco song)
2. The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm or Without Rhythm Your Heart Would Not Beat
3. Me against the music (polka).

I'll post if I think of anything else.

If another song title is used for the next thread how about "We've only just begun"?

Scrufflet
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Has anyone else seen this blog?

http://dubemoir.blogspot.com/

The author is crazy...she thinks that Scott and Jessica are in a sham relationship, that Virtue and Moir have a secret baby together and that Skate Canada is behind this massive cover-up of a V/M relationship. Talk about insane. :scream:

This blog is REALLY creepy. Such intrusion into private lives...

Subway
02-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the SD.
There is no room for choreography & watching some of the lower ranked skaters try to do a SD this season has been painful.
They should bring back the compulsory dance but allow each couple to choose their own music to do it to. I agree with watching lower ranked skaters try the sd, and it hasn't done much for my enjoyment of the better skaters either.

Didn't they eliminate the cd partly because of money? I like the idea of choosing you own music, or maybe choosing among a number of options, were the cd to return. But mainly I hate the sd, it's that classic debacle of grafting a giraffe to a fish or whichever way the expression goes. In theory it might produce some creative choreography but it just doesn't. It wrecks the od part because it's too confining.

Sahararainfall
02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
1. Ice Dancing is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have without Taking her Clothes off (This may offend some people but it's a play on a Panic! at the Disco song)
2. The Subject for Tonight's Lecture is Rhythm or Without Rhythm Your Heart Would Not Beat
3. Me against the music (polka).

I'll post if I think of anything else.

How about "The Subject of VM's SD (or Programs?) is Rhythm - The Heartbeat of Dance."

ETA:

...We can talk about the Polka next season. Something tells me they are going to rock it. I just dont think its Charlie's dance.
Meryl could really rock it though. I'm not really sold on her as a dancer but she is a great performer.

pani
02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all new thread title ideas. I only want to notice - postitve name of this thread coincided with 4CC good result ;)
I agree, we could have Yankee-Polka thread before next season will start.

Emdee
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Pani, I also noticed that the positive thread coincided with victory. I loved your title.

Sahara you are correct that Meryl may rock it but keep in mind that Charlie's input is really important as well. We know whether Scott hates the Polka .. or not... he & T will rock it.

pani
02-27-2012, 07:54 AM
So "Artist" get Oscar! If T-V didnt have this season FF, this could be great choice for WCh in London. :) I am sure someone will use this music for next season FD.

PashaFan
02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I agree with watching lower ranked skaters try the sd, and it hasn't done much for my enjoyment of the better skaters either.

Didn't they eliminate the cd partly because of money? I like the idea of choosing you own music, or maybe choosing among a number of options, were the cd to return. But mainly I hate the sd, it's that classic debacle of grafting a giraffe to a fish or whichever way the expression goes. In theory it might produce some creative choreography but it just doesn't. It wrecks the od part because it's too confining.

The Compulsory went partly because of money & partly because of low viewing figures.
But they could have found ways to improve the compulsory dance.
If you look at Bourne/Kraatz in the OD at the 97' Worlds or Krylova/Ovsiannikov at the 99' Worlds & then look at the short dance's of this season it's quite a shock as to the little choreography we have now. There is only time for about 10 seconds.
The ISU have ruined skating with rewarding too much technically & not enough with the choreography.

Subway
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
It's almost as if in eliminating the cd they succeeded in keeping the cd and wrecking one of the more audience friendly competitive components.

aka_gerbil
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
So, V/M have a new fan this morning: my 90-year-old grandmother. I'm her primary caregiver, so I'm with her a lot of the time. We usually watch Hallmark in the morning, but are watching skating on US this morning. When the SD's were on, I was expecting her to say something about the skimpy costumes. Instead, when V/M were skating, she said, "These two are the best. They're a lot better than the other team."

I love my grandmother. :) She has excellent taste.

pani
02-27-2012, 05:31 PM
So, V/M have a new fan this morning: my 90-year-old grandmother. I'm her primary caregiver, so I'm with her a lot of the time. We usually watch Hallmark in the morning, but are watching skating on US this morning. When the SD's were on, I was expecting her to say something about the skimpy costumes. Instead, when V/M were skating, she said, "These two are the best. They're a lot better than the other team."

:)
Did you tell her, how you love this team? ;)

martyross
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM

^ my bf was speechless seeing T&S getting beaten in the free dance in the GPF, and he knows nothing about skating! he concluded that figure skating is not a sport :D:D

aka_gerbil
02-27-2012, 05:50 PM
:)
Did you tell her, how you love this team? ;)

Not until after they were done skating, and I just left it at "they're my favorites." I didn't want to bias her.