PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67

DORISPULASKI
02-25-2012, 01:55 AM
D&W were quoted in an IN article about the YP choice. Meryl likes the YP choice. Charlie agreed with Scott that the polka music was going to get tedious. It was from the post sd interview at 4ccs.

Rafter
02-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Davis and White were quoted on the specific dances picked. I am talking about their opinion on the whole short dance concept in general.

DORISPULASKI
02-25-2012, 02:17 AM
The quote from Scott was I believe from that same interview. Afair

DORISPULASKI
02-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Here's Tessa & Scott Finnstep from the 2009 4CC's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_64r1MVu0

Again, they do it very well.

They were first in this CD too.

Judy
02-25-2012, 03:44 AM
I hate the SD and think it was the worst move that the ISU ever did in removing it from competition and replacing it with something that fans don't want to see .. I wish the OD would come pack. The thought of being tortured next year with a polka is not going to make this sport watchable on tv.

pani
02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Btw, isn't Alla Shetsokova the head if the ice dance tech committee?

Before this was Alexandr Gorshkov (who start made all this with ice dance and its look like he wish ice dance retun to his and Pakhomova times). Now its Galina Gordon-Poltorak.

Read thread at GSD and look, like Scott have more and more "fans" with all this open thoughts about ISU :lol:
Like i said before, why they asked skaters after they choose pattern dances for 2013 WCh and OG, why not to have this meeting before?
And i agree - why all other skaters, who hate Polka, like Scott did, wasnt asked about there opinion and its look like only Moir is unhappy with SD, pattern dance, Polka..... I am sure, V-M have this opinion about CDs, because Zueva-Shpilband hate CDs. But why its not Davis, who must be a voice of Igors opinion, talking about this?
And how V-M didnt understand, that CDs helped them to take places higher, then D-W?
And Scott didnt say nothing about Finnstep, but i read opinion, they afraid it, because its difficult CD. Maybe when Finnstep will kill some other girls legs, people will have another opinion :(

And guys, please, any ideas for new thread title?

DORISPULASKI
02-25-2012, 10:58 AM
But they look very, very elegant doing the Finnstep. Perhaps that was a consideration for Scott. No one looks elegant doing the YP, for sure.

PashaFan
02-25-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the SD.
There is no room for choreography & watching some of the lower ranked skaters try to do a SD this season has been painful.
They should bring back the compulsory dance but allow each couple to choose their own music to do it to.
And bring back the original dance as it was in 2000.
Simple is the key to Ice Dance. It's becoming too much like pairs.

Emdee
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Pasha that is the one reason why I dont like Davis and White they sacrifice the dance elements for so called athleticism. Less is more in this case especially with respect to speed. I think they lack the finesse and control of T&S though to give them their due they have improved over the last two years.

pani
02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Dont know why, but just remember, how my heart out and stepped on it after i saw D-W FD result at last year WCh. All were sure at arena V-M will win and then... Maybe it was good, ice dance was the last WCh competition, because its was sad and hard to watch FS after this :(
And how i was happy, when so V-M won bronz at 2009 WCh over D-W - because i had feeling, judges will bring Davis on the podium.

PashaFan
02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Pasha that is the one reason why I dont like Davis and White they sacrifice the dance elements for so called athleticism. Less is more in this case especially with respect to speed. I think they lack the finesse and control of T&S though to give them their due they have improved over the last two years.

So agree.
I think even the great Usova & Zhulin would have struggled to make this short dance elegant.
This rivalry kind of reminds me of Lipinski Vs Kwan (I was a fan of both).
Lipinski had speed, athleticism & went by-the-book (an arm here, a leg position there, smile here) very enjoyable but sometimes left me emotionally cold. Davis & White (Who I have to admit I am warming too) are like this.
Kwan had grace, artistry & emotion. It all looked natural just like Tessa & Scott.

martyross
02-25-2012, 06:46 PM
And guys, please, any ideas for new thread title?
something about the Yankee Polka? :lol:

Lissa
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Did Eurosport cover the 4CC championship? I would have liked to hear their reactions to V&M finally being back on top.:D

pani
02-25-2012, 07:35 PM
something about the Yankee Polka? :lol:

Something about "piss-off Yankee Polka" :lol:
Maybe something
we’re hungry again and have something to fight for
We feel like we’re coming in and we have something to prove.

we really skated together, something I felt had been missing since the Olympic year

Rafter
02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Has anyone else seen this blog?

http://dubemoir.blogspot.com/

The author is crazy...she thinks that Scott and Jessica are in a sham relationship, that Virtue and Moir have a secret baby together and that Skate Canada is behind this massive cover-up of a V/M relationship. Talk about insane. :scream: