PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67

twinktwink
02-24-2012, 03:05 PM
I still miss those 2 weeks in 2010, I love the Olympics. Looking forward to London, but waiting for Sochi.

I adore the Olympics too and seriously cannot wait for London, especially as its a home Olympics for me. I got tickets to go and watch the tennis and I am going to make sure that I'm road side for the marathons and road cycling. If any more tickets go on sale then I'm going to do my best to get some, its all so exciting :)

Emdee
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
We are almost at 1000 - so fast.

Pani I loved this title - time for you to think of another great one as we move towards worlds.

Macassar88
02-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Last year at the WC Tat stood up at the end of Chan's program and clapped for him. It was clear she appreciated good skating. I hadnt heard about her opinion of T&S's dance at the Olys, though. I know that T&S has a good following in Russia and their skate was acclaimed.

Lovely to see all the comments and videos takes me right back to the time. I could barely watch I was so excited and fearful at the same time. It must have been a real feat to skate with all the noise and cheering around them. They say its harder to skate when the games are in your own country and I can really see that.

The Russians loved Tessa and Scott in 2011 (especially Scott)

pani
02-24-2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/results_four_continents/4c12%20Scott%20Moir%20on%20Short%20Dance.htm

Poltarek believes that if the current system continues past the Olympics Games, the Short Dance would likely include only a reduced number of steps from Pattern Dances instead of whole sequences. And there is the possibility that Moir’s wishes could come true. The ISU would go back to an “Original” Dance without such restrictions.

Such a possibility gives Moir no comfort. “That would be too late for us,” the 24-year-old said with a scowl. They do not expect to compete beyond 2014.

I agree with Scott. Why one of the best ice dance team ever need to spend there talent on such uncreative thing, like SD?
After 2014 we will not have skaters with such skating quality. :(
Why not to made speciall tests for CD? I love CD, but not SD :(
T-S were lucky to have Tango Romantica at 2010/
Inetetrsing, who love this SD format?

And as for new title. Any ideas? Feel free to open new one :)

skatingfan04
02-24-2012, 06:34 PM
http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/results_four_continents/4c12%20Scott%20Moir%20on%20Short%20Dance.htm

Poltarek believes that if the current system continues past the Olympics Games, the Short Dance would likely include only a reduced number of steps from Pattern Dances instead of whole sequences. And there is the possibility that Moir’s wishes could come true. The ISU would go back to an “Original” Dance without such restrictions.

Such a possibility gives Moir no comfort. “That would be too late for us,” the 24-year-old said with a scowl. They do not expect to compete beyond 2014.

I agree with Scott. Why one of the best ice dance team ever need to spend there talent on such uncreative thing, like SD?

Not surprised by their plan to retire (or hopefully go pro) after 2014. Whatever happens in Sochi, they've already won worlds and Olympics and had a phenomenal career.

I'm actually really proud of them for speaking up about things that they don't like. Normally, skaters complaining about the format of competition, but Tessa and Scott are well respected veteran ice dancers who have tons of experience and who have done a lot to push the sport in a new direction. If anyone has the right to express a well informed opinion, it's them. Good for them for vocalizing the opinion that I'm sure most of the skaters (and fans) have on the new SD and for making an attempt to change ice dance for the better.

pani
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm actually really proud of them for speaking up about things that they don't like.

Why they ask skaters if they dont care about there opinions? ISU tech. com. choose Polka and Finstep and then ask Tessa and Scott - what do you think about this? :P
And i belive Tessa - not a lot off dancers like Polka.
And i must to say old Quickstep - this dance let to show edges much better, then Finnstep, who consist only from jumps and very bad for girls shins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDw6zOeySwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHgSYl7pvk

aka_gerbil
02-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Good for them for vocalizing the opinion that I'm sure most of the skaters (and fans) have on the new SD and for making an attempt to change ice dance for the better.

I'm glad that they're speaking up about this too. This ice dance fan of 20 years now thinks that the SD is an ISU experiment gone wrong and would be glad to see it go.

sap5
02-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Good find, pani! I'm posting this into GSD to see if we can get some broader discussion about it.

pani
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Good find, pani! I'm posting this into GSD to see if we can get some broader discussion about it.

Thanks! It will be interesting to see what ice dance fans thinking about SD and this two patterns :)

Golightly
02-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Virtue explained, “Nobody I’ve talked to likes the idea of watching a Polka. I agree with Scott. Why can’t we just have an Original Dance which would be more audience friendly?”

Go Tessa! I am so glad they are both speaking up. The short dance is nonsense. Why aren't more people saying anything?

clarie
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I would suppose because nobody else has the courage :). I wish they would speak up.

martyross
02-24-2012, 11:06 PM
of course they can complain, they're the King and the Queen ?:^)
i'm actually grateful to this SD thingy because it produced one of my drugs, the Moscow Valtz-Tango. now that they've done it, shift back to the OD format, thank you :D

DORISPULASKI
02-24-2012, 11:22 PM
I certainly don't like the SD format very much. Any choreographer I've seen interviewed says it's a real challenge to make a choherent program in the SD format.

OTOH, I love the polka, and really enjoyed the dances in the folk dance OD groups, some of which were polkas, and DelSchoes cowboy/madam polka was really a great version of the Yankee Polka. I'm interested to see what all the different teams will make out of a YP short dance.

Tessa & Scott may not love the Yankee Polka, but they did a very good one at 4CCs in 2008, winning that segment of the competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhjY9zZNk0

Shayii
02-24-2012, 11:39 PM

Such an interesting article, thanks for posting it Pani. Awww, unfortunately I do share Tessa and Scott's pain regarding the Yankee Polka, but I've never seen this Finnstep before what does it look like?

Rafter
02-25-2012, 12:08 AM

Interesting. I don't really buy Poltorak's explanation of Olympic rules or whatever.

Btw, isn't Alla Shetsokova the head if the ice dance tech committee?

I wonder why Davis and White are not quoted in this article on the subject? They are the defending world champs after all. Or maybe they are "playing Switzerland" and have no comment.