PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

Shayii
02-22-2012, 07:41 AM
It's great reading everybody's posts and thanks to everybody for providing links and such. I wish I had more time to go through everything right now, but Sahararainfall those contrasting pics you posted and your accompanying commentary is priceless, you have a great sense of humor!

Meyers on FF posted a link to pictures from the GFP banquet I don't think has been seen: http://www.davecskatingphoto.com/photos_2011_gpf_closing_banquet.html and I guess the photographer has photos from other events as well: http://www.davecskatingphoto.com/photos.html

clarie
02-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Wow....it's so nice to come here and see some great posts with terrific links. Thank you all for contributing to the positive note this thread is taking these days.....love it. I wish I had something to add.

VarBar
02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
The Windsor Star has a few pictures up of Tessa at school:
http://www.windsorstar.com/entertainment/PHOTOS+Gold+medallist+campus/6187500/story.html

Look at Tessa how pretty she is. She must be turning heads when she shows up in campus.:D

pani
02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all photos and article. Tessa is a reall star :D

Sahararainfall
02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Look at Tessa how pretty she is. She must be turning heads when she shows up in campus.:D

Honestly it's a bit annoying. There was an interview where she calls herself a bit of a nerd and Scott was like "No, no you're not." Nerds shouldn't be pretty and athletic. It violates society's sacred rules on pigeonholing. :lol:

pani
02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Honestly it's a bit annoying. There was an interview where she calls herself a bit of a nerd and Scott was like "No, no you're not." Nerds shouldn't be pretty and athletic. It violates society's sacred rules on pigeonholing. :lol:

:lol:

elle123
02-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks everyone for the links! I need my V/M fix until Worlds . . . only about a month left!

twinktwink
02-22-2012, 09:33 PM
I too wanted to say thankyou to everyone that's been posting links over the last few days, there's been so much to catch up on.

Big thanks to ddtpdx for the link to Tracey and Kurt's commentary, I've been dying to hear what they had to say on it all :)

martyross
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Since you guys are talking about how commentators react after Virtue/Moir win at the Olympics, here is Tatiana Tarasova doing a commentary for Russian TV, if anyone is interested in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ9VF6EvekA&list=LLfj7h4o6CsTiTac6HNzAU-Q

Before Tessa and Scott started she was wondering how they could handle the enormous pressure and such a big responsibility. She said it wasn’t going to be easy. During the performance she was watching in the silence but just when they did the final pose and the audience explode with the applause, she said: “Divine! That was a skating by Olympic Champions! It is the real art!” She was truly amazed and touched and you can hear it in her voice. The man commentator said that everyone on the audience was giving the standing ovation and other commentators were standing too. TAT also was standing. TAT: “Yes, we also stand up because it is the real art! The artistry!” She said that they let her to be in heaven for a while and she was so grateful for that. “They showed us the highest level of the artistry” She also praised Marina Zueva and Igor Schpilband for their contribution to the ice dance. When the scores came up man commentator call: “Unquestionably! Without a doubt!” He mentioned that all elements but steps were level 4 and added: “But it’s useless to speak about the elements.” TAT: “Indeed.” They both said in the same time that it was not about the elements, it was the real art. TAT: “They used technical element to express the music”. He read the score they got and said that it was 6 points better than Davis/White. TAT said: “You know, it could be even more.” They were impressed, especially Tarasova.
(sorry, if anything is unclear, I'm not doing well in English)
thank you so much for this... great job. Your English is excellent, but i actually adore your native language! i got teary hearing Madame Tarasova's words and voice. never seen this "side" of her before. This program is like a spiritual experience for me. Everytime, they remind me of the clear, quite water of the lake by which Mahler spent his last vacation.

"They used the technical elements to express the music". Yes. that's what T&S's skating is all about.

pani
02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA0FCPOUlxo&NR=1

sequins
02-24-2012, 02:30 AM
Thanks pani, now you got me watching all the 'I Believe' videos and getting all nostalgic and misty eyed:lol: I still miss those 2 weeks in 2010, I love the Olympics. Looking forward to London, but waiting for Sochi.

kapriza
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
thank you so much for this... great job. Your English is excellent, but i actually adore your native language! i got teary hearing Madame Tarasova's words and voice. never seen this "side" of her before. This program is like a spiritual experience for me. Everytime, they remind me of the clear, quite water of the lake by which Mahler spent his last vacation.

"They used the technical elements to express the music". Yes. that's what T&S's skating is all about.

thank you, actually my native language is Polish but I love Russian too :)
Tarasova can be very emotional with her comments. I remember that once she was commenting WTT 2009 and Mao sent her cheers from Kiss&Cry. She was touched to the core. That was so sweet.
sorry for the OT :)

Emdee
02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Last year at the WC Tat stood up at the end of Chan's program and clapped for him. It was clear she appreciated good skating. I hadnt heard about her opinion of T&S's dance at the Olys, though. I know that T&S has a good following in Russia and their skate was acclaimed.

Lovely to see all the comments and videos takes me right back to the time. I could barely watch I was so excited and fearful at the same time. It must have been a real feat to skate with all the noise and cheering around them. They say its harder to skate when the games are in your own country and I can really see that.

pani
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
I know that T&S has a good following in Russia and their skate was acclaimed.

Yes. I think they have taken away all toys from audience after there FD in Moscow. :kickass:
And there was a lot off hearts on ice and one was really big :D

VarBar
02-24-2012, 01:32 PM

I would believe Scott if I were her because men usually know these things.;)

Lovely memories from the Vancouver Olympics, thanks to all for bringing them back.:D