PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

ddtpdx
01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
how about the teal (?) blue (with some green in it as well) in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucm0A-Uy0Gs&feature=related

zilam98
01-29-2012, 11:21 PM
how about the teal (?) blue (with some green in it as well) in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucm0A-Uy0Gs&feature=related

if not the leopard print, then zebra print! ;)

Golightly
01-29-2012, 11:47 PM
What if they're just too expensive and they can't get a new dress? :D No, I think Scott all in black is fine, but Tessa should try something sexier, with color. I agree that the gold dress is a good idea, even if it has a different cut now.

Bournekraatzfan
01-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Great posts, Twinktwink! I love your positive attitude, and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

and I love your post too, Accordion. They really are magic...one of the best dance teams ever, IMO.

I am with Clarie, I think the tech panel's assessment at nationals will only push them. Considering Tessa is adjusting to changes in her stroking style this season, I would expect V&M to make the biggest improvement of all the teams. I have faith that they will deliver :kickass: performances at 4CC and will save their best for Worlds. I was so impressed with their FD at nationals--I still can't stop watching it! At least I have that to tide me over until 4CC:)

Rafter
01-30-2012, 02:35 AM

This season they look at each other - this what Zueva teach them to do this season.

How do you think - V-M see there SD skated by Shibs?

On NBCs broadcast at the end of the dance event they were showing D&W backstage with Marina gesturing that they need more eye contact and Charlie says "between the two of us". I'm sure it's something that Marina is always working on with them because it doesn't come naturally. I've often had the impression that Charlie is indifferent to Meryl.

Regarding Virtue and Moir seeing their SD in the Shibs SD, maybe they don't care? This isn't the first time that Marina and Igor have given similar moves/programs to their teams. In the Oly year, the Shibs did that same move in their FD that Tessa and Scottt did at the end of Mahler. And I seem to recall Chock and Zuerlein having some of the same moves/lifts as Davis and White.

DORISPULASKI
01-30-2012, 02:44 AM
And there are some lifts and moves that are just in Every Coach's Manual of Stock Lifts and moves.

They are not proprietary to any team.

They are dance's version of the spread eagle or the Charlotte; just stuff everybody can pick to do. The Shibs final rotational lift is like that in the FD.

sequins
01-30-2012, 02:57 AM
On NBCs broadcast at the end of the dance event they were showing D&W backstage with Marina gesturing that they need more eye contact and Charlie says "between the two of us". I'm sure it's something that Marina is always working on with them because it doesn't come naturally. I've often had the impression that Charlie is indifferent to Meryl.

I'm sorry but I actually find the 'between the two of us' quote quite funny. I don't know how he phrased it, if he meant it in a questioning/are you serious? tone but I think it's actually kinda cute, but I agree Meryl's ready and willing and Charlie is a bit indifferent at times, he just seems a bit uncomfortable. He's probably seen the maniac V&M shippers and wants to avoid it like the plague:lol:

EB8
01-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Love how Marina and Igor both go to US Nationals with Meryl and Charlie yet only Marina comes to Canadian Nationals. I mean I know they do have more teams there but still . . .

shsocu
01-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Love how Marina and Igor both go to US Nationals with Meryl and Charlie yet only Marina comes to Canadian Nationals. I mean I know they do have more teams there but still . . .

Somebody had to stay to get the teams ready for US Nationals.

lavenderblue
01-30-2012, 03:54 AM
Igor was also with Tobias/Stagniunas at Euros for practices and the SD.

Golightly
01-30-2012, 03:58 AM

To be fair, there's only one Canadian team they're training, whereas there are, what, three American teams? So you need both coaches there, I'm sure. And, hey, the way I see things, Marina is V-M's coach, Shpilband doesn't seem to do much anymore.

manhn
01-30-2012, 04:02 AM
Also, V&M pretty much had the Nationals title in the bag. There are Z&S teams that needed that extra bit of politicking to get the results they wanted (it didn't happen, but whatever).

shan
01-30-2012, 04:16 AM
To be fair, there's only one Canadian team they're training, whereas there are, what, three American teams? So you need both coaches there, I'm sure. And, hey, the way I see things, Marina is V-M's coach, Shpilband doesn't seem to do much anymore.

Really? But how can we know that without being at their practices, or do you know something :sekret: ?

ddtpdx
01-30-2012, 04:25 AM
It is true that lately, Marina has been the one accompanying V/M.

Early in their career, both Igor and Marina were there or Igor alone would be there.

Perhaps they think V/M no longer need politiking since they are the reigning Olympic champions.

Or perhaps Skate Canada does not provide as much funding as the USFSA.

So maybe we fans should raise some funds so V/M can fly Igor (in addition to Marina) to their competitions.:lol:

marbri
01-30-2012, 04:49 AM
Igor was also with Tobias/Stagniunas at Euros for practices and the SD.

Who was with them for the FD?

So maybe we fans should raise some funds so V/M can fly Igor (in addition to Marina) to their competitions.:lol:

I'd rather put the money towards making sure Scott doesn't wear that snakeskin shirt anymore ;) Back in black with a white square on the back with the #80 and put her in something glittery and sexy.