PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

elle123
02-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I have this on DVD with the British Eurosports commentators-Simon Reed & Chris Howarth. I can dig it out later & post their comments. If that's okay?

That'd be great! Thanks so much.

iggie
02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
That'd be great! Thanks so much.

i agree

ItalianFan
02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I have this on DVD with the British Eurosports commentators-Simon Reed & Chris Howarth. I can dig it out later & post their comments. If that's okay?

Great! The British Eurosports commentators are the best we have available here in Europe imo. So professional and competent, but not afraid to show admiration for any skater no matter what nationality. They even disagree at times. I still remember one of them thought Plushy had it sewn up after his Oly fd but the other one told him not to count his chickens before they hatched!
Not like the gushy awful Ital. RAI commentators :2faced:

pani
02-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Dont know, did you read this interview
http://sport.megafon.ru/sochi2014/interviews/virchu_moir_titul_olimpijskih_chempionov_u_nas_nik to_ne_otberjot

Golightly
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Dont know, did you read this interview
http://sport.megafon.ru/sochi2014/interviews/virchu_moir_titul_olimpijskih_chempionov_u_nas_nik to_ne_otberjot

Tessa sounds less uncertain about Sochi, she sounds eager even. Well, if that translation is accurate. I think it is because I checked in three languages :D.

PashaFan
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I just watched the final group of the 2010 Olympic free dance (British Eurosports coverage)
Davis & White skated first; Chris said is was a Masterpiece & one of the best programes he had ever seen. He also said it would live with him forever. Simon said it was hard to imagine them being beaten but if they were they had nothing to regret.
Faella & Scalli skated second; Simon said the programe was heavy. Chris said it was tough for them skating after Meryl & Charlie but they were very talented & improving. Also their technical ability was very good.
Tessa & Scott skated third; Simon said it was uncanny & he did not know how they did it with all the pressure. Breathtaking & impossible to choose between them. Chris said it was mind-blowing as a normal person would not even be able to walk in a straight line let alone skate like that under such pressure. Simon said they made it look like it was not a competition. Chris said it was flawless. In their tone Chris seemed more pro Meryl & Charlie & Chris was more pro Tessa & Scott.
Belbin & Agosto skated fourth; Simon said they skated the programe as well as they could but D/W & V/M had moved on & left these two behind. Chris said their programe was not a patch on the top two-it was just skate, skate, element, element. Simon them asked why they did not change it earlier in the season but Chris said that they are slower than the others & not as technically gifted.
Domnina & Shabolin skated fifth; Simon said the Canadian crowd gave it such a good reception because they knew it would not threaten Tessa & Scott but that Dom/Sha programe would have been good enough to win any other Olympics & Chris agreed. Chris said it lacked energy but Shabolin did very well with such bad knee injuries.
Hope this helps !. I really enjoyed watching it again.

iggie
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
i found that google translator worked well enough for me. the title of the article is: How to cope with anxiety and stress home Olympics? Winners share their secrets in Vancouver - Olympic champions in ice dancing Tessa and Scott.

iggie
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
double post

Golightly
02-20-2012, 09:51 PM
I just watched Farrucas for the first time in maybe a year, a bit more than that even. I wish we still had the OD, what a great vehicle that was. But that is not what I wanted to say. Watching Farrucas again after such a long time, I have to say, Tessa and Scott are better skaters now, aren't they? Don't get me wrong, that OD was unbelievable, one of the most incredible performances I have seen in ANY sport, but look how they skate now. Even if the programs they have aren't as packed, I firmly believe they are better skaters.

clarie
02-20-2012, 09:58 PM
And also, it was absolutely incredible that Tessa was skating so well and still in considerable pain at that time.

aka_gerbil
02-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the link, Pani!

Tessa sounds less uncertain about Sochi, she sounds eager even. Well, if that translation is accurate. I think it is because I checked in three languages :D.

I think they both sound eager as well. The impression I'm getting from their various comments this year is that they want to be in Sochi, but because of everything with Tessa's legs, they just can't say for certain that they're going to be there, despite the fact that she seems to be doing well now. *turn, spit, curse*

II have to say, Tessa and Scott are better skaters now, aren't they? Don't get me wrong, that OD was unbelievable, one of the most incredible performances I have seen in ANY sport, but look how they skate now.

I think they've gotten better as well. I've always thought that for the most part, ice dancers tend to get better with age. In the past, the top teams always seemed to be in their later 20's or even early 30's.

For the record, I don't think their programs are any easier; I just think they're getting better at making the difficult look easy. So many teams just make the difficult look difficult, so it's definitely one of the many things I appreciate about V/M's skating.

ETA:

Thanks for posting that article. I was a little surprised to read that Tessa hasn't felt they were skating together since the Olympics.

To use some of Scott's words from right after Canadian Nationals, I think they've both been holding the stick a bit too tight since returning last year at World's. Too much thinking about the scores, elements, judges, etc., while competing takes away from really being in the performance and the moment together, IMO.

iggie
02-21-2012, 02:10 AM
I just watched the final group of the 2010 Olympic free dance (British Eurosports coverage)
Davis & White skated first; Chris said is was a Masterpiece & one of the best programes he had ever seen. He also said it would live with him forever. Simon said it was hard to imagine them being beaten but if they were they had nothing to regret.
Faella & Scalli skated second; Simon said the programe was heavy. Chris said it was tough for them skating after Meryl & Charlie but they were very talented & improving. Also their technical ability was very good.
Tessa & Scott skated third; Simon said it was uncanny & he did not know how they did it with all the pressure. Breathtaking & impossible to choose between them. Chris said it was mind-blowing as a normal person would not even be able to walk in a straight line let alone skate like that under such pressure. Simon said they made it look like it was not a competition. Chris said it was flawless. In their tone Chris seemed more pro Meryl & Charlie & Chris was more pro Tessa & Scott.
Belbin & Agosto skated fourth; Simon said they skated the programe as well as they could but D/W & V/M had moved on & left these two behind. Chris said their programe was not a patch on the top two-it was just skate, skate, element, element. Simon them asked why they did not change it earlier in the season but Chris said that they are slower than the others & not as technically gifted.
Domnina & Shabolin skated fifth; Simon said the Canadian crowd gave it such a good reception because they knew it would not threaten Tessa & Scott but that Dom/Sha programe would have been good enough to win any other Olympics & Chris agreed. Chris said it lacked energy but Shabolin did very well with such bad knee injuries.

thanks

zilam98
02-21-2012, 02:12 AM

so who's pro who? ;)

Emdee
02-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I enjoy watching Mahler from time to time. Farrucas as well. The magic of Mahler never leaves me - I am drawn into the moment time and time again.

I want that magical skate from them at worlds this year.

iggie
02-21-2012, 03:05 AM
this moment, so beautiful

http://www.flickr.com/photos/discolights444/4426839200/