PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

flowerpower
02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Lovely photo!

pani
02-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Meryl was at the banquet. She's in the team photo here. (http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9409/2012fourcontinents.jpg)

Thanks!
Its understanding, she was at officiall part, but no her photos with skaters.

marikat, thank you for link. :)

pani
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Tessa said at OG they had best programs, best element. And she said D-W have two amazing programs. So what about T-S programs this season?
Did they see they have potential to skate something different, wich show there superoir in better lights pr they give up - D-W are so good?

flowerpower
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Tessa said at OG they had best programs, best element. And she said D-W have two amazing programs. So what about T-S programs this season?
Did they see they have potential to skate something different, wich show there superoir in better lights pr they give up - D-W are so good?

Sorry pani, you misunderstood what Tessa was saying there.

The part about "best programs, best elements" was a comment she made about her and Scott's training. Tessa was asked about the highlights of their skating career - what things she will most remember.

She said that yes, the OG experience was very special, "but that being said, there are so many moments in training, when we have our best programs, our best elements, or we're just breaking down in the middle of the ice laughing hysterically...there are so many moments like that, that collectively make for great memories".

tonkatwofeather
02-19-2012, 06:14 PM
. . . but no her photos with skaters.

Pani, please. Just drop the issue. It's no big deal. :rolleyes:

pani
02-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Sorry pani, you misunderstood what Tessa was saying there.

The part about "best programs, best elements" was a comment she made about her and Scott's training. Tessa was asked about the highlights of their skating career - what things she will most remember.

She said that yes, the OG experience was very special, "but that being said, there are so many moments in training, when we have our best programs, our best elements, or we're just breaking down in the middle of the ice laughing hysterically...there are so many moments like that, that collectively make for great memories".

Thank you. Yes i misunderstood , what she said, sorry :) This really show they love, what they do ;)
How to help them to have higher component score? :D

Rafter
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Tessa's interview http://www.fan590.com/media/media.jsp?content=20120219_092920_9584

LOL I guess after Scott's little GPF outburst, Tessa is now doing the press? :shuffle:

Rafter
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree with this. I think it needs to be extremely precise and musical in addition to the great speed and attack, and for me, at least, it's losing that balance of verve and precision - it's more undifferentiated speed, speed, speed and losing nuance. It felt sloppier, not as well phrased, although this is relative as they are wonderful skaters.

Negative for whom? Those two obviously don't agree with fsu about Igor and Marina, all the talk about that is fsu wishful thinking by those who want them to do different choreography regardless, and seized on them coming in second to D/W as the one bright light for the VM fandom that wanted them to leave Canton. They were eager to believe this would motivate VM to do what they wanted them to do anyway. This was all a conversation in only in fans' heads anyway - I don't think it ever entered Tessa and Scott's reality. There are people on fsu who want them to do different choreography even when they're winning, so when they struggle a bit, it becomes leverage to argue that this justifies wanting them to leave. But it's not happening and I personally think they'd be crazy to leave. None of that conversation has to do with how the skaters themselves view their situation, that's pretty obvious.

Negative for fans like me who would like to see them branch out stylistically and choreographically. I just don't think that will happen with Marina. My dream as ive posted before is Camerlengo who is really good at thinking outside the box. He's given Weaver and Poje the best free dance of all the teams this season IMO.

As to Davis and White, I think their FD is too frantic and busy. I think Marina purposely makes it like this to hide their weaknesses, but instead it's looking rushed and sloppy.

pani
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
LOL I guess after Scott's little GPF outburst, Tessa is now doing the press? :shuffle:

I like when they give interviews together. But in this case much better in was interview with Tessa. She did a great job.

Rafter
02-19-2012, 08:10 PM
At Nationas Tessa said, they had more speed and power, then at GPF.

Just watch FD with Tanith comments. Its was funny - like she said, what they need to change in FD and this changes work on her :)
But she was dissapointed with overall results. I understand her. ;)

I thought Tanith was very fair and unbiased in her commentary, especially during the short dance. Despite her relationship wi Charlie, she is being very professional in the booth. Good for her.

pani
02-19-2012, 08:12 PM
He's given Weaver and Poje the best free dance of all the teams this season IMO.

What do you think about last season W-P FD? About P-B FD? About H-D FD?
I read Bourne help to made this FD for W-P.

I wish outside choreo for V-M at least for exibitions and i cant wait new season - V- healthy, happy and have best FD ever :D

I thought Tanith was very fair and unbiased in her commentary, especially during the short dance. Despite her relationship wi Charlie, she is being very professional in the booth. Good for her.

Did you heard her comments after D-W FD? I have feeling she gave positive comments about V-M only because she was sure D-W will win in any situation.
And will we ever see V-M will win SD over D-W in components this season.

clarie
02-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Tessa gives a great interview. She has a pleasant speaking voice and is always tactful and gracious.

Rafter
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Pechalat & Bourzat would do it better. ;)

Nathalie maybe, but I don't see Bourzat pulling it off.

Rafter
02-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi guys back from vacation in the bahamas :D so glad Virtue and moir won and schooled davis and white but evidently some judges are still on crack if some of them believe davis and white have better SS, i take it they never saw or judged a compulsory involving both teams lol, good luck at worlds and go get that gold medal.

Oh so you're back on the V/M bandwagon now that they won? :rolleyes:

Rafter
02-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Tessa is looking so skinny. She is still beautiful, but I thought she was just absolutely stunning last year at worlds in Russia! Stop dropping the pounds, Tessa!

I have noticed this too. She's lost a lot of weight since worlds last season. She's almost approaching 2009-2010 skinniness.