PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

iggie
02-18-2012, 07:05 PM
thanks for the links

pani
02-18-2012, 07:25 PM
How do you think, will Tessa and Scott have new cotumes for FD at WCh and what music they will use for exibition?

elle123
02-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I think it's that "view from above" angle of the camera that's making Tessa look extra skinny...that angle slims anyone down. I think she looks great this season...trim, but athletic and strong. Meryl's size, I worry about...

Meryl does seem too skinny especially in the orange dress she wears in the SD.

flowerpower
02-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I think Tessa looks healthy and strong this year; I hope she doesn't lose any more weight.

pani
02-18-2012, 08:17 PM
I think that for Tessa and Scott, "skating" as ice dancers means "skating together" (i.e. with one another as partners). Skating together seems to be a big part of what they enjoy about the sport.

I took that quote from Tessa to mean that other things have been "getting into their heads" at recent competitions (probably injury concerns in 2011, then competitive placings this year), and so it's been difficult to get "into the zone together" on competitive ice the way they did at the Olys.

From what they said in post-4CC interviews, it sounds like they felt they'd gotten too caught up in worrying about results, and had strayed from their approach in the Olympic year (which was to block out distractions and work together as a unit on the competitive ice, just focusing on the performance).

This wouldn't surprise me, since defending an Olympic title adds a new level of expectations and pressures.

Yes, i agree with you flowerpower
After there perfomance at 4CC i feel like they were skating for each other, like this was at OG.

flowerpower
02-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes I agree with you flowerpower.

Glad you saw my comments, I clobbered my last post when I edited it to add the thing about weight :lol:.

pani
02-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Glad you saw my comments, I clobbered my last post when I edited it to add the thing about weight :lol:.

:D
And i think there reaction on marks at 4CC after FD were like "i dont care", like it was at 2009 WCh and at OG :D

allezfred
02-18-2012, 08:43 PM
And what will be good for V-M?

Whitney Houston tribute medley. :saint:

flowerpower
02-18-2012, 08:43 PM
And i think there reaction on marks at 4CC after FD were like "i dont care", like it was at 2009 WCh and at OG :D

Yes, I noticed that too. They were really happy with the performance.

flowerpower
02-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Whitney Houston tribute medley. :saint:

Slow day on FSU? ;)

HSGP21
02-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Maybe the "skating together" comments are justifying the little hugs and hand-kisses seen throughout four continents... :D

rusians fans all time talking about fat Tessa and her shoulders. :( I think its all pressure, wich put on girls in ice dance and FS. Tessa everyday see Meryl and maybe in Canton they think all girls must look like she.

That makes me so sad... I adore Igor and Marina, but they do have a history of working with girls with eating disorders. As I said I thought Tessa looked amazing by worlds last season, and thought at that size she was a great role model of skating brilliantly at a healthy weight. Meryl has always been small, but she is an example of girls whose size distracts from their skating (for me)- I spend their program concerned her bones are going to snap!

pani
02-18-2012, 09:47 PM
That makes me so sad... I adore Igor and Marina, but they do have a history of working with girls with eating disorders.

I think its not always depend from coaches. But in group, where a lot off girls, who compete with each other, girls want to be more beautifull, thinner, then other girls. They stop eating, practice harder.... In this case only parents need to pay more attention to there girls, not to there results in sport. But in 20th girls are inderpending, so its very important to teach girl, when they are much younger.

lavenderblue
02-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Besides the angle, are you very sure that the black-on-black effect in the banquet photo with Maia isn't confusing what you're seeing? Tessa's not "skinny."

pani
02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Besides the angle, are you very sure that the black-on-black effect in the banquet photo with Maia isn't confusing what you're seeing? Tessa's not "skinny."

Dont know how she look "live", but for me on TV and photos she look great :)

Golightly
02-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Tessa is no not skinny. Look at her legs on those pics, or look at the back during that rotational lift during the SD. She's incredibly fit. Yeah, she dropped a few pounds since last year, but she looks very healthy.

As for them skating together, I agree with you guys. I think it only means that they are skating for the two of them. It's like she said: "Skate for the two, not for the twelve" or something like that, I don't remember. That "togetherness" for them simply means that they go out there and enjoy what they do, which I have no difficulty believing hasn't happened since the Olympics. It's nice how they equate quality with just enjoying themselves, I love that about them. This latest performance of FF showed us that. That is why they were so happy at the end and didn't care much about the score. That is how I want to see them: happy. If they skate like this at Worlds and are happy, then I'm happy.