PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

fsfan22
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Pechalat & Bourzat would do it better. ;)

I would have to agree with this

Sahararainfall
02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
michael jackson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=samnHCbvaAM

Hey, thanks for this link and the heads up on the a/p 1996 FD up thread . I must admit didn't quite like it, though it's quite an adjustment for me to watch programs that far back. I keep waiting and wondering where are the twizzles?:lol: Costume is not as bad as I feared so that's nice.

About that B/K MJ FD, I can't believe they chose that music in an Olympic year, the courage! And they fell right at the end wow.:eek: Were they considered contenders? That must be heartbreaking. My ice dance memory only extends to 2006 so I must admit of having a soft spot for N/K. I love their MJ programs. Reading comments on youtube, I would guess that Roman gets flak for his skating skills, but the man can dance. I bet he can really do an MJ dance on a real dance floor, sharp muscle isolation, moonwalk and all.

Anyway, back to VM. Well season is not over yet, but as for music for next year, as a fan I really, really want something in the vein of PF, abstract contemporary or something. Ballroom season is over. They felt that last year's FD never really developed to it's fullest, maybe that's why they overthink-ered with the SD this year and overcompensated, so I hope they really have a mind blowing performance at Worlds not just to help them win but to exorcise whatever frustrations they had from last year, if any. I mean this is just a personal theory. Returning to something like PF next year would be sort of in the same vein. Erase the question mark, complete the cycle or something.

martyross
02-15-2012, 07:19 PM
speaking of "modern", what about a Gaga version of Spartacus :D

edit: for the Polka, obviously :D

pani
02-15-2012, 07:42 PM

edit: for the Polka, obviously :D

Anything modern and dancing will be OK.

Pratfall
02-15-2012, 09:55 PM
With World's being in Canada..it might be cool if they went jazz and used something by Oscar Peterson.:cool:

pani
02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
With World's being in Canada..it might be cool if they went jazz and used something by Oscar Peterson.:cool:

I think its enough Hollywood and jazz. They need something bombastick, audience-friendly. Music need to help them this time :)
But i am sure they know, what music they will use for next season ;)

Just watched "Artist". I think soundtrack and film just beautifull, but only if they didnt have FF this season, they could used this soundtrack next season. So - Pechalat-Bourzat :D

Shayii
02-15-2012, 10:42 PM
It's interesting reading everybody's idea. Next season for the FD I definitely hope they decide to do something contemporary and modern. For the SD I absolutely hate that yankee polka music so I'm sure I'm not gonna like any SD for next season, unless if it's absolutely amazing that I can't help but like it lol.

What do you mean a Gaga version of Spartacus?

pani
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Like i said before, T-S could made great SD in Grand bal style fore next season (if they will made it).
They said they are unhappy with this pattern for next season.

bbkenn
02-16-2012, 12:32 AM
aka_gerbil,

Many, many years ago I saw CSOI where there were 4 dance teams:
Usova and Zhulin, Klimova and Ponamarenko, B&K and I cannot remember the 4th team and they skated to that Have you ever loved a woman song. Each had a corner and then they moved from one to the other. The performance is engraved in my memory - These three were my favourites those years so naturally my eyes were on them and I just cannot remember the fourth.

Anassina & Pezerat?

Cherub721
02-16-2012, 01:03 AM
About that B/K MJ FD, I can't believe they chose that music in an Olympic year, the courage! And they fell right at the end wow.:eek: Were they considered contenders? That must be heartbreaking.

It was sooo dramatic. B&K were contenders (World bronze medals 1996-1999) and were in 4th after the OD. The placements hadn't changed at all throughout the competition, so it looked like they would not medal again (they were fourth in 1998). As luck would have it though, Fusar-Poli & Margaglio, who were in 3rd, had a fall in their FD. It looked like all B&K had to do was skate clean to get bronze, and they alllllllmost had it until the end. It was :rofl: to me but I'm sure their fans were :fragile:

My ice dance memory only extends to 2006 so I must admit of having a soft spot for N/K. I love their MJ programs. Reading comments on youtube, I would guess that Roman gets flak for his skating skills, but the man can dance. I bet he can really do an MJ dance on a real dance floor, sharp muscle isolation, moonwalk and all.

This is also o/t but if you want to see Roman dancing on floor, check out these threads... http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74951
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80784

sliver98
02-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi guys back from vacation in the bahamas :D so glad Virtue and moir won and schooled davis and white but evidently some judges are still on crack if some of them believe davis and white have better SS, i take it they never saw or judged a compulsory involving both teams lol, good luck at worlds and go get that gold medal.

aka_gerbil
02-16-2012, 01:33 AM
It was sooo dramatic. B&K were contenders (World bronze medals 1996-1999) and were in 4th after the OD. The placements hadn't changed at all throughout the competition, so it looked like they would not medal again (they were fourth in 1998). As luck would have it though, Fusar-Poli & Margaglio, who were in 3rd, had a fall in their FD. It looked like all B&K had to do was skate clean to get bronze, and they alllllllmost had it until the end. It was :rofl: to me but I'm sure their fans were :fragile:

I can still remember with perfect clarity setting on my dorm room bed, with some notes or something in my lap, and my mouth just falling open in when B&K fell. I thought they had it afer F-P/M's fall, and then down they went.

I don't usually listen to blues music so I was wondering what people had in mind for them. I'm gonna try listening to some of the ones you suggested to get an idea myself. zilman98 thanks for the link, I think I've seen like a minute because it was suggested to me on youtube, but I need to watch it again.

Links for the Eric Clapton pieces:

Have You Ever Loved a Woman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRQd8WN4i0&feature=related)

I haven't been able to find my exact favorite version of Wonderful Tonight on youtube, but this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmpba1uVhig) is closer than the usual, shorter version you usually hear on classic rock radio stations. This one is live with crowd noise; the one on the album is not. The album I've been talking about is on iTunes though, complete with 1:30 sample clips. :)

ETA: And for a third piece: Double Trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkW2oGUfvbw)

walei
02-16-2012, 03:02 AM
I can still remember with perfect clarity setting on my dorm room bed, with some notes or something in my lap, and my mouth just falling open in when B&K fell. I thought they had it afer F-P/M's fall, and then down they went.

I was in my dorm room too watching, and when they fell at the very end a girl from across the hall ran into my room and screamed "THAT WAS PLANNED RIGHT?? THAT WAS PLANNED RIGHT?? THAT WAS PLANNED RIGHT?"

So gutted by that competition and still can't make myself to watch it, they wanted an Olympic medal so badly :(

Shayii
02-16-2012, 03:24 AM

Links for the Eric Clapton pieces:

Have You Ever Loved a Woman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRQd8WN4i0&feature=related)

I haven't been able to find my exact favorite version of Wonderful Tonight on youtube, but this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmpba1uVhig) is closer than the usual, shorter version you usually here on classic rock radio stations. This one is live with crowd noise; the one on the album is not. The album I've been talking about is on iTunes though, complete with 1:30 sample clips. :)

ETA: And for a third piece: Double Trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkW2oGUfvbw)

Thanks for these links! I'm gonna listen to them when I get a chance tonight.

Bournekraatzfan
02-16-2012, 05:28 AM
I was in my dorm room too watching, and when they fell at the very end a girl from across the hall ran into my room and screamed "THAT WAS PLANNED RIGHT?? THAT WAS PLANNED RIGHT?? THAT WAS PLANNED RIGHT?"

So gutted by that competition and still can't make myself to watch it, they wanted an Olympic medal so badly :(

I still have a hard time watching it, too :( I guess it made their WC win the following year that much more meaningful :)

I would love to see more programs done to MJ's music. I always wanted B&K to do "Smooth Criminal," and I don't know of any dance teams having skated to it. I hope a dance team will use it in the future. I wonder how V&M feel about his music.