PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

aka_gerbil
02-15-2012, 06:37 AM
And know a lot of people would love to see them do a blues FD, but do you guys have a specific music in mind? I for one would love (I would be in absolute heaven) if they ever skated to Time from the Inception soundtrack.

There's a ton of blues out there, and a lot of sub-generes within blues, and I although I've spent sometime lately listening to various pieces, I haven't really settled on any specific piece that I want them to skate to. That said, I'm actually leaning towards Eric Clapton. He does a blues version of "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" that I can picture a fd to so easily. There's a compilation of his blues work that came out in 1999 that also has a few other pieces that would work in a FD as well. Maybe a combo of "Have You Ever Really a Loved a Woman, "Wonderful Tonight" (the version specifically from the Blues album), and possibly a third track from that album. There are several that would work with the first two selections, I just can't settle on one at the moment.

Shayii
02-15-2012, 07:30 AM
There's a ton of blues out there, and a lot of sub-generes within blues, and I although I've spent sometime lately listening to various pieces, I haven't really settled on any specific piece that I want them to skate to. That said, I'm actually leaning towards Eric Clapton. He does a blues version of "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" that I can picture a fd to so easily. There's a compilation of his blues work that came out in 1999 that also has a few other pieces that would work in a FD as well. Maybe a combo of "Have You Ever Really a Loved a Woman, "Wonderful Tonight" (the version specifically from the Blues album), and possibly a third track from that album. There are several that would work with the first two selections, I just can't settle on one at the moment.

I don't usually listen to blues music so I was wondering what people had in mind for them. I'm gonna try listening to some of the ones you suggested to get an idea myself. zilman98 thanks for the link, I think I've seen like a minute because it was suggested to me on youtube, but I need to watch it again.

Bournekraatzfan
02-15-2012, 07:47 AM
There's a thread about music that would be good for skating programs and that got me thinking, what specific music would make you guys ecstatic if Tessa and Scott ever skate to? And know a lot of people would love to see them do a blues FD, but do you guys have a specific music in mind? I for one would love (I would be in absolute heaven) if they ever skated to Time from the Inception soundtrack.

Great question, Shayii! Well, after seeing that vid I would have to say Ke$ha :D
I guess both of us want to see them skate to Wild Horses, and I really like the version you suggested. I am also dying to see them do a blues number...I'm thinking Duke Ellington. I am curious to hear other suggestions.

Bournekraatzfan
02-15-2012, 08:00 AM
something very modern, maybe club scene kind of thing the way they were moving in the audience ;) i would love to see a kind of fd that b/k did for 2002 olys. although of course, with the current stringent requirements for closed dance holds , it would be difficult to choreograph a dance that would fit the requirements while still making it appropriate for the music. waltz style closed holds to disco music, anyone? ;)

love that FD so much! You are right, with the new rules this may not be possible...many urban dances would just look silly if done in closed hold, IMO. In fact, a key feature of some of these dances is the way in which they challenge the posture, patterns, and style of movement of some traditional European dances. They reconceptualized how the body could move. I sure would love to see hip hop and hip pop in an FD, but maybe the best I can hope for is an exhibition number?

ddtpdx
02-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Speaking of exhibition #, I would like to see T&S skate to this even though they just finished with a romantic piece and this one is pretty sappy (but I think it would be a fun # for the audience since it has a happy beat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuBGkQvywBI

pani
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Dont want to tell, what i want for FD (if they will skate), but for exibitions^
We are human, we are dancers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y

Beyonce Sweet dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlxByc0-V40

Something about love, but in more mature way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcBs1BKfaLE&list=FL2h3qhsOFoJ_WpQPE95IzPA&index=11&feature=plpp_video

This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsVi-THXZw&feature=BFa&list=FL2h3qhsOFoJ_WpQPE95IzPA&lf=plpp_video

And i love rock ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1FJMx4JdwA

Rollings Stones - Angel and "Paint in black"

Emdee
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
aka_gerbil,

Many, many years ago I saw CSOI where there were 4 dance teams:
Usova and Zhulin, Klimova and Ponamarenko, B&K and I cannot remember the 4th team and they skated to that Have you ever loved a woman song. Each had a corner and then they moved from one to the other. The performance is engraved in my memory - These three were my favourites those years so naturally my eyes were on them and I just cannot remember the fourth.

essence_of_soy
02-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I went to see this movie last night, and the music and the story have so much choreographic potential. Tessa Virtue would make a charming Peppy Miller, and Scott Moir is such a ham, he'd be great as Georges Valentin.

berthesghost
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Music? It seemed to be a mosh up of pieces stolen from other films. I thought the whole sequence to Herman's "vertigo" was particularly distracting.

essence_of_soy
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Music? It seemed to be a mosh up of pieces stolen from other films. I thought the whole sequence to Herman's "vertigo" was particularly distracting.

Yes, I understand that the some of the music may have been borrowed from other sources, but the story and the music itself is compelling.

I do love how a lot of folks think that Jean Dujardin reminds them of Frederic March and Gene Kelly.

Habs
02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
aka_gerbil,

Usova and Zhulin, Klimova and Ponamarenko, B&K and I cannot remember the 4th team and they skated to that Have you ever loved a woman song. Each had a corner and then they moved from one to the other. The performance is engraved in my memory - These three were my favourites those years so naturally my eyes were on them and I just cannot remember the fourth.

I believe it was Grishuk and Platov.
This was from the 1995 Elvis Tour, IIRC.

aka_gerbil
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
aka_gerbil,

I've seen video of that program! I love it as well. :) I can't remember the 4th team either though! It's going to drive me nuts now until I do. :lol:

U/Z are still my all-time favs out of all four disciplines, and I'm also a huge fan of K/P. As I put it, when it comes to ice dance, I imprinted on U/Z when I was 12 and saw their Four Seasons FD at the 92 Olympics. :)

I partiuclarly love the Eric Clapton version from The Blues compilation. It's more soulful than the, IMO, somewhat sappier Bryan Adams version. Also, while I completely loathe the notion that the audience needs to like and connect to the music (I'm a purist and thinks it's how the skaters connect and use the music that should count, not how the audience reacts to the music), "When You Love a Woman" is a song that a lot of people are going to recognize and get into, even if they haven't heard the Clapton version before. "Wonderful Tonight" is probably a bit less common, but most of us over a certain age have probably heard it. Again, I think it would need to be this partiuclar version. I personally have 3 versions of Wonderful Tonight, and, again, the one from the Blues album is my favorite.

aka_gerbil
02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I went to see this movie last night, and the music and the story have so much choreographic potential. Tessa Virtue would make a charming Peppy Miller, and Scott Moir is such a ham, he'd be great as Georges Valentin.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but given that they've just done a movie soundtrack this year, I'd prefer to see them do something different.

I believe it was Grishuk and Platov.
This was from the 1995 Elvis Tour, IIRC.

Thanks! :)

Emdee
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks Habs
I think it was the elvis tour and it had Grishuk and Platov as the 4th.

allezfred
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Pechalat & Bourzat would do it better. ;)