PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Bournekraatzfan
02-14-2012, 11:05 PM
So I wasn't the only one who thought the commentary was off the mark. Then after that I think Tanith said "It looked like a strong performance to me" or something. Did it really, Tanith? Because I thought it looked like the weakest performance D/W have had this year. I'm not that familiar with Tanith's commentary though - is she usually quite good? Objective?

I have watched every competitive performance of DF several times this year (I am both a V&M uber and a D&W uber!) and that was my least favourite performance of their FD, though I still enjoyed it. I noticed Charlie's edges weren't as solid as usual...I could see snow flying in a few spots. and they seemed to pull in a bit in terms of their expression (and I think this has everything to do with altitude). I was so worried about Charlie because he is asthmatic, and was so impressed he could skate that program as well as he did. And I am kind of happy they got this out of their systems before worlds--I can't wait to see them kill it in Nice!

In light of these things, I really don't understand how they beat V&M in PCS; even though they only won by a small margin, I really felt V&M should have been first in every category of PCS. I really don't understand the judging sometimes, but oh well, at least the skating is phenomenal!

Subway
02-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I can't recall what earlier DF performance it was but there was one with beautiful phrasing - just lovely. Big, exciting and sweeping but also detailed with dead on timing for several of Meryl's on-ice twirls/spins. There's that one where Charlie sort of leads her into it and she twirls out to accompany the momentum in the music. This 4CC performance, as performance, I thought was generic. Almost everything given the same emphasis and some previously effective moments were just athletic, not musical.

sequins
02-14-2012, 11:35 PM
So I wasn't the only one who thought the commentary was off the mark. Then after that I think Tanith said "It looked like a strong performance to me" or something. Did it really, Tanith? Because I thought it looked like the weakest performance D/W have had this year.

She's blinded by love;)

elle123
02-14-2012, 11:43 PM
She's blinded by love;)

It's very unlikely she would openly criticize the program, that would put her in a bad spot personally. haha

Even when these two teams aren't at 100%, they're skating and programs are phenomenal, but relatively speaking it was far from Meryl and Charlie's best.

sequins
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
EPIC :lol::lol::lol::lol: http://fudgybar.tumblr.com/post/17544398277/congrats-you-dorks

:lol:I love our 'dorks'!

Bournekraatzfan
02-15-2012, 03:43 AM
I sometimes watch what is taking placing behind those on the ice and when Charlie had Meryl in one of those lifts where they spin and she's doing like the splits (can't describe it any better, sorry) I noticed Tessa & Scott still in the KnC. Scott was sitting upright but Tessa was kinda haunched over which I don't recall ever seeing from her -- she always seems to have such great posture but I'm guessing they were just trying to get their breath back after their skate. When the audience were applauding the lift by D/W I noticed that both Tessa & Scott clapped for their competitors too. Call Scott what you will, but it seems to me that even though he may not like/understand the marks they get, he still cheers on his training mates. Just thought I'd put that out there for those who think only Meryl & Charlie are the gracious ones. Scott praises his training mates and seems to think highly of them. Now the scoring -- well that may be another matter.

I noticed that too! I thought that was really sweet and really speaks to the respect they have for their rivals/training mates/friends. and the post-event interview that iggie quoted lends further support to what you said.

I think it's crap that some people think that Scott and Tessa are entitled and unappreciative.

me too, and I hope these people stop posting that stuff here and/or in a certain other thread. From what I have seen, most people who frequent these threads would much rather discuss the awesome skating along with the beautiful skaters and their lovely costumes:)

Bournekraatzfan
02-15-2012, 03:44 AM
:lol:I love our 'dorks'!

me too! thanks for posting this, martyross. lol, the lady next to Scott looks confused...and a touch fearful

iggie
02-15-2012, 04:46 AM
love this photo

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0aCTbBMcxaePK?__site=daylife&q=%22tessa+virtue%22+Four+Continents

the dancing gifs put in context

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7LEP9ZJkFo&feature=player_embedded

Shayii
02-15-2012, 05:11 AM
That was weird. I watched Meryl and Charlie too. Tanith's commentary for Tessa and Scott was really specific, citing all the things they do incredibly well. For Meryl/Charlie she loved their characters, mentioned the twizzles were in sync this time, and praised them for concealing that the altitude was getting to them. That last part I don't think was true because the skate looked a bit forced at times to me.

Then it looked like something skipped, and next thing the scores came up and Andrea said: "Oh, they didn't get it." in a tone that implied she was surprised. Really? After that skate by V/M? Did I miss where they explained why they thought D/W fd should beat VM this time?
Their surprise was uncalled for.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Those commentators made it sound like it was inconceivable that Tessa and Scott won, I was like what the heck :rolleyes:.

Iggie lol I can't stop watching that video with Tessa and Scott getting their groove on. It's so fun and funny at the same time :lol:.

There's a thread about music that would be good for skating programs and that got me thinking, what specific music would make you guys ecstatic if Tessa and Scott ever skate to? And know a lot of people would love to see them do a blues FD, but do you guys have a specific music in mind? I for one would love (I would be in absolute heaven) if they ever skated to Time from the Inception soundtrack.

zilam98
02-15-2012, 05:31 AM
I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Those commentators made it sound like it was inconceivable that Tessa and Scott won, I was like what the heck :rolleyes:.

Iggie lol I can't stop watching that video with Tessa and Scott getting their groove on. It's so fun and funny at the same time :lol:.

There's a thread about music that would be good for skating programs and that got me thinking, what specific music would make you guys ecstatic if Tessa and Scott ever skate to? And know a lot of people would love to see them do a blues FD, but do you guys have a specific music in mind? I for one would love (I would be in absolute heaven) if they ever skated to Time from the Inception soundtrack.

something very modern, maybe club scene kind of thing the way they were moving in the audience ;) i would love to see a kind of fd that b/k did for 2002 olys. although of course, with the current stringent requirements for closed dance holds , it would be difficult to choreograph a dance that would fit the requirements while still making it appropriate for the music. waltz style closed holds to disco music, anyone? ;)

jl22aries
02-15-2012, 05:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I saw Canadians last year, and I would add Mitch and Asher to that list. Mitch's eyes and Asher's smile...:swoon:

Asher is a STAR. They are all super fine, our boys.

jl22aries
02-15-2012, 05:54 AM

Which vid? Please :P

Shayii
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM

Which vid? Please :P

This one that iggie posted up thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7LEP9ZJkFo&feature=player_embedded

Shayii
02-15-2012, 06:12 AM
something very modern, maybe club scene kind of thing the way they were moving in the audience ;) i would love to see a kind of fd that b/k did for 2002 olys. although of course, with the current stringent requirements for closed dance holds , it would be difficult to choreograph a dance that would fit the requirements while still making it appropriate for the music. waltz style closed holds to disco music, anyone? ;)

I'm not really familiar with old dance teams. What kind of dance did b/k do for 2002 OG, can you post a link?

zilam98
02-15-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm not really familiar with old dance teams. What kind of dance did b/k do for 2002 OG, can you post a link?

michael jackson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=samnHCbvaAM