PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

VarBar
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I think they were edge perfect at the GP in terms fo SS, whereas here they played it a little more cautious, particularly Scott. The conditions they were dealing with meant that they didn't skate flat out, which I actually thought they did at the GPF.

That's what I thought too while watching V/M the other day. Their GPF is still my favorite in terms of how they used their edges and overall energy they put into the performance. The altitude took its toll at 4CC and I think especially Scott would agree with me. lol

So is the Eurosport coverage of the FD available yet?:D

Did Eurosport cover 4CC? Not that I know of.:confused:

pani
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
That's what I thought too while watching V/M the other day. Their GPF is still my favorite in terms of how they used their edges and overall energy they put into the performance. The altitude took its toll at 4CC and I think especially Scott would agree with me. lol

At Nationas Tessa said, they had more speed and power, then at GPF.

Just watch FD with Tanith comments. Its was funny - like she said, what they need to change in FD and this changes work on her :)
But she was dissapointed with overall results. I understand her. ;)

Subway
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
FD from Universal Sports (with TB's commentary) uploaded on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpPtd7EkPs&feature=related

That was weird. I watched Meryl and Charlie too. Tanith's commentary for Tessa and Scott was really specific, citing all the things they do incredibly well. For Meryl/Charlie she loved their characters, mentioned the twizzles were in sync this time, and praised them for concealing that the altitude was getting to them. That last part I don't think was true because the skate looked a bit forced at times to me.

Then it looked like something skipped, and next thing the scores came up and Andrea said: "Oh, they didn't get it." in a tone that implied she was surprised. Really? After that skate by V/M? Did I miss where they explained why they thought D/W fd should beat VM this time?
Their surprise was uncalled for.

Subway
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
i may not speak french/russian/chinese, but i certainly wont sound foreign hosting an event in the US. ;) She's a press person because she speaks French/Russian/Chinese as well as English and German. :D

pani
02-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Interesting, what did Italian commentators think about results? Was they wonder D-W didnt win?

elle123
02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Couldn't watch the videos with Tanith's commentary of T/S or D/W since it was geo-blocked in Canada.

I must admit, I was a little surprised Tessa and Scott won too considering the scores D/W were getting all season (not that I think D/W would've deserved to win).

Is it time for worlds yet? :)

professordeb
02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Couldn't watch the videos with Tanith's commentary of T/S or D/W since it was geo-blocked in Canada.

I must admit, I was a little surprised Tessa and Scott won too considering the scores D/W were getting all season (not that I think D/W would've deserved to win).

Is it time for worlds yet? :)

If you are referring to the link posted just above, it works perfectly fine for me and I live in Canada (although I will confess to being a border city but I believe my IP addy would indicated a Canadian addy).

professordeb
02-14-2012, 04:14 PM
That was weird. I watched Meryl and Charlie too. Tanith's commentary for Tessa and Scott was really specific, citing all the things they do incredibly well. For Meryl/Charlie she loved their characters, mentioned the twizzles were in sync this time, and praised them for concealing that the altitude was getting to them. That last part I don't think was true because the skate looked a bit forced at times to me.

Then it looked like something skipped, and next thing the scores came up and Andrea said: "Oh, they didn't get it." in a tone that implied she was surprised. Really? After that skate by V/M? Did I miss where they explained why they thought D/W fd should beat VM this time?
Their surprise was uncalled for.

I just watched the video for D/W (after watching V/M) and a couple things I noticed.

For both dances, once the skaters had taken a bit of a bow to the judges, they then cut to the dancers in the KnC to show the scores. It happened with Tessa & Scott as well as for Meryl & Charlie.

I sometimes watch what is taking placing behind those on the ice and when Charlie had Meryl in one of those lifts where they spin and she's doing like the splits (can't describe it any better, sorry) I noticed Tessa & Scott still in the KnC. Scott was sitting upright but Tessa was kinda haunched over which I don't recall ever seeing from her -- she always seems to have such great posture but I'm guessing they were just trying to get their breath back after their skate. When the audience were applauding the lift by D/W I noticed that both Tessa & Scott clapped for their competitors too. Call Scott what you will, but it seems to me that even though he may not like/understand the marks they get, he still cheers on his training mates. Just thought I'd put that out there for those who think only Meryl & Charlie are the gracious ones. Scott praises his training mates and seems to think highly of them. Now the scoring -- well that may be another matter.

And can I just add that I think all three women who were on the podium were just beautiful but in very different ways. When it comes to the men -- well Mr Poje gets the gold medal from me.

pani
02-14-2012, 05:20 PM
When the audience were applauding the lift by D/W I noticed that both Tessa & Scott clapped for their competitors too.

I nitice this too :) And during V-M FD D-W didnt watched there skating.
And Scott talk really good at small medals ceremony. All bad, what we heard, was from Icenetwork journalist ;)
And Scott said they are unhappy with Polka for next season. But they could made great SD in Grand bal style. Look at there waltz position in F video (whenthe changed different costums).

elle123
02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
And can I just add that I think all three women who were on the podium were just beautiful but in very different ways. When it comes to the men -- well Mr Poje gets the gold medal from me.

I agree - Andrew epitomizes tall, dark and handsome!

I don't know why people accuse Scott of being ungracious. . . maybe he shouldn't have said some of the things he's said but I think that shows great passion from him which makes me happy because that means that he still has the drive to keep competing and I think it's crap that some people think that Scott and Tessa are entitled and unappreciative.

kapriza
02-14-2012, 05:47 PM
I nitice this too :) And during V-M FD D-W didnt watched there skating.

well, of course Meryl and Charlie were not watching because they've had to skate after V/M, so they were preparing to the competition.

pani
02-14-2012, 05:51 PM
well, of course Meryl and Charlie were not watching because they've had to skate after V/M, so they were preparing to the competition.

O, i mean during V-M SD :lol:

sap5
02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
It was Tanya Flade - ISU press persone. She is from German, yes Pratfall :D
She did an amazing job woth Asian skaters interviews (who could talk with Sui-Han, winners in pair skating, with such a big problems with English for them?).
Before Announces was fron countrues, where competitions was hold.

The announcer was Tanya Flade? Are you sure? I am pretty sure Tanya knows how to pronounce the names of the skaters correctly, which this announcer did not know how to do.

pani
02-14-2012, 05:57 PM
The announcer was Tanya Flade? Are you sure? I am pretty sure Tanya knows how to pronounce the names of the skaters correctly, which this announcer did not know how to do.

Yes. You could see her, when she gave microphone to Scott. :)

aka_gerbil
02-14-2012, 06:20 PM

I think the announcer pronouncing the names wrong was the person who was in the main arena, not at the small medal ceremony. I'll have to go back and rewatch, but I swear the names were right for the small medals.