PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

puglover
02-13-2012, 11:38 PM
I loved it all - short dance and free dance. I thought Tessa and Scott were smokin in the short dance and ( couple off the ice or not ), that felt like very man/woman "let's get out of here". I will profess to be no Latin expert but what I imagine when that music comes on is - sexual foreplay. I liked the changes and think a few more tweeks and they have it. They really sold FF so win or not at Worlds I think it is a great, program, great characters and plain fun.

puglover
02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
I really hope Pani is happy. They are an amazing team that has come through so much - they will do all they can do - I am sure of that.

lauravvv
02-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I am so glad for them. But still cautious about the Worlds - for the reasons that have been mentioned here. And, at the same time, definitely hopeful.

Lissa
02-13-2012, 11:56 PM
So is the Eurosport coverage of the FD available yet?:D

iggie
02-14-2012, 12:49 AM
i feel like i appreciated the fd more now that it's filled in. it feels like every section has beautiful little details that completely make the section work. it's now captivating and each replay shows me more, like tessa's new reaction when scott positioned her face. even when they're not skating, it doesn't feel like a rest spot because what they're not doing with their blades, they're doing with their bodies. their bodies perfectly capture each type of mood for each section.

alice73
02-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Kinda late to post my comment but I just wanted to join everyone here to say congratulations to Tessa and Scott. So happy they finally won. They skated FF beautifully. Their interpretation is superb. So many little details in that dance which they express perfectly, coupled with their amazing skating skills. Some of their critics don't seem to understand that this is a rare quality and it should be rewarded in ice dance. Well, let me stop gushing now and go back to rewatching FF.:D

Proustable
02-14-2012, 12:58 AM
I think it's a moment right before the gala show when the announcer introduced Tessa and Scott to the audience and V/M started dancing to the music they were just playing in the arena.

But why do you think V/M got a lower SS score at 4CC than GPF, were their skating skills weaker at 4CC? lol V/M won the SS mark at GPF in the free dance if I am not mistaken. Just curious.

I think they were edge perfect at the GP in terms fo SS, whereas here they played it a little more cautious, particularly Scott. The conditions they were dealing with meant that they didn't skate flat out, which I actually thought they did at the GPF.

HSGP21
02-14-2012, 01:25 AM
I think they were edge perfect at the GP in terms fo SS, whereas here they played it a little more cautious, particularly Scott. The conditions they were dealing with meant that they didn't skate flat out, which I actually thought they did at the GPF.

Scott's not an idiot...he lifts Tessa twice in the last 30 seconds or so of the program, and both have rotational elements to them. So easy to trip if you're spent, and he's not going to put that girl in danger by giving it all he has too early on!

That said, they handled the altitude beautifully. As did Weaver and Poje... something in those Canadian lungs :) (or learned-to-be-Canadian lungs in Kaitlyn's case)

Proustable
02-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Scott's not an idiot...he lifts Tessa twice in the last 30 seconds or so of the program, and both have rotational elements to them. So easy to trip if you're spent, and he's not going to put that girl in danger by giving it all he has too early on!

That said, they handled the altitude beautifully. As did Weaver and Poje... something in those Canadian lungs :) (or learned-to-be-Canadian lungs in Kaitlyn's case)

Whoa, I never implied that. I think he was correct to do so, and in fact given how important those lifts are to the program (the combination lift is such a glorious climactic moment), I'm glad he did. I was just trying to give a reason for the lower SS score, beyond the general different panel stuff.

HSGP21
02-14-2012, 02:00 AM
oh no- that was meant to be said in a positive way- nothing against you or your comment. I agree, just impressed with Scott, and Tessa- and mostly impressed with their incredibly strong and intuitive connection to each other! Sorry it came off wrong, can't hear voice inflection through typing I guess. You are right- just imagine what their presentation will be with 6 more weeks of training and no altitude!

Bournekraatzfan
02-14-2012, 02:04 AM
As did Weaver and Poje... something in those Canadian lungs :) (or learned-to-be-Canadian lungs in Kaitlyn's case)

hehehe, this comment is so cute:)

bbkenn
02-14-2012, 03:02 AM
small medal ceremony part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjMltB0WgEc&feature=plcp&context=C3235a97UDOEgsToPDskJQKpf1uhZdOqPazwA2V04j

small medal ceremony part 2 - q and a - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV5xkzhc7Ws&feature=plcp&context=C3c1e780UDOEgsToPDskKGsPz5urmGiGoU9dmXU8d3

I found Meryl's body language interesting, turning away from V&M in the beginning, looking like she wanted to get out of there; during the first question she said V&M have 3 lifts and she and charlie have 4 lifts, yet not mentioning that V&M have 1 lift in combination=2lifts seemed a bit puzzling...

zilam98
02-14-2012, 03:12 AM
wow, are skating rinks that empty for figureskating comps? how sad...

zilam98
02-14-2012, 03:17 AM
small medal ceremony part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjMltB0WgEc&feature=plcp&context=C3235a97UDOEgsToPDskJQKpf1uhZdOqPazwA2V04j

small medal ceremony part 2 - q and a - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV5xkzhc7Ws&feature=plcp&context=C3c1e780UDOEgsToPDskKGsPz5urmGiGoU9dmXU8d3

and what the heck is with that accent of the announcer? isnt this comp in the USA? cant they find a native speaker for it? that's just so sad. i almost thought 4cc was held in russia or asia. just for the heck of it, i speak english as second language but i can certainly do a better job than that. maybe i can moonlight as an announcer to those events eh? and get to see the skaters live! ;)

Pratfall
02-14-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't read anything into Meryl's comment..she was trying to answer a pretty involved question as quickly as possible and wasn't commenting on the comparative virtues of their two programs..just ways in which any number of programs can differ.

As for her body language , she was probably looking around to see if Charlie would arrive ...

ETA : that sounded like a German accent to me , and this was an international event . Perhaps this woman was an ISU member..and otherwise ,both Canada and the US are populated by people from all over the world. I didn't find her hard to understand.