PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skatingfan04
02-13-2012, 01:37 AM
:D Yay for T/S!!! FF has grown on me as the season passed, and I liked it even better tonight. Nice to see them win 4CC again after so many years.

Cherub721
02-13-2012, 01:37 AM
I am :eek: :rofl: and :D that they were actually able to beat D&W not just at a US event, but at one which took place at USFS headquarters! And to think, I wanted them to withdraw so they wouldn't lose to them again. :rofl:

I'm highly amused that Funny Face remains undefeated despite the hate.

Emdee
02-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Pani when D&W came in from the ice Igor said that Nice would be a walk in the park. I took it to mean that they would be crowned in Nice. I guess one could also take it to mean that Nice will be a lot easier without the altitude.
Charlie was visibly suffering at the end of the program as was Alex. Look at Scotts face as he hugs T gasping for air.

All of the teams have had to face altitude problems so there is no excuse for any team.

T&S just rocked this performance. All the little nuances that were added certainly made the difference.

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:42 AM
ahhh, they skated so freely....... Tessa is a goddess...... *__*

Sahararainfall
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
WoW! They actually won! I was so nervous. Didn't check the news when I woke up this morning, just went to this site and scrolled ever so slowly down this thread bracing myself pessimistically for the potential heartbreak. Like many I was not expecting them to win, but was still hoping. I don't like breaking down the scores right now. I just want to enjoy it. Feel like singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" at the top of my lungs right now. Wohoooo!!!

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Raisport version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThxbnsxM7o the italian commentator was almost in tears ahahah! she said they are incredible and extraordinary performers ((:

the guy said that Scott tends to grab his blade with a slight delay.

Proustable
02-13-2012, 01:50 AM
All of the teams have had to face altitude problems so there is no excuse for any team.

Charlie has asthma, so I can imagine it being more difficult for him than for Scott.

bbkenn
02-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I just saw it. I don't know, guys, but they. were. on. I mean, Tessa even more so. I adored it. For the first time I just utterly adored it. I have liked FF before, I have been overwhelmed at certain sections, but this time? I unabashedly adored every moment of it. Look at the transitions they added, they are gorgeous. Intricate steps everywhere, they were so into it. Just so into it. The jazzy part is precious, it's two artists painting and the ice was their canvas. I am so excited because I hadn't felt like this since, I don't know, Mahler at the Olympics. I am not going to compare both programs. I am just saying that what they did with Funny Face today was incredible. Did it have mistakes? Did Scott seem less in character? Was it imperfect? Yes, but that's just it! Even then they went out there and they were all guts, which is why they were so happy at the end, because it felt good, it felt special. I am so happy I got to see this, to see a performance of this program that totally captured me, that reminded me why I love this sport so much and why I am so happy to be a fan of this ice dance team. Win or lose Worlds, altitude or not, they schooled everyone out there. Sorry again for rambling but I'm happy.

Don't be sorry for rambling, because I felt the same way. I loved it too. I think it's really strong and I think they were really fast, wonderful and happy...that's the best part. They were happy. Didn't get to see the K&C because it wasn't in the video, but I hope they were happy there too.

iggie
02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
interview post win...

why didn't you guys move from knc? tessa: we couldn't move physically. we were exhausted. and we wanted to cheer meryl and charlie on. we have nothing but respect for them and the shibs

do you breathe a little heavier with m and c there? scott: yup, we've been competing against them since 2000. it's been quite a great career for both of us.

something about what made the difference? tessa: we did the elements relatively well. it's an improvement overall.

do you get to enjoy this before thinking about worlds? scott: we've enjoyed it for the last 10 minutes. now we start thinking about worlds. it's all about building for worlds. now d/w are hungry and we have to keep being at our best.

please spend some time enjoying the medal ceremony! scott laughs.

DFJ
02-13-2012, 01:59 AM
interview post win...

why didn't you guys move from knc? tessa: we couldn't move physically. we were exhausted. and we wanted to cheer meryl and charlie on. we have nothing but respect for them and the shibs

do you breathe a little heavier with m and c there? scott: yup, we've been competing against them since 2000. it's been quite a great career for both of us.

something about what made the difference? tessa: we did the elements relatively well. it's an improvement overall.

do you get to enjoy this before thinking about worlds? scott: we've enjoyed it for the last 10 minutes. now we start thinking about worlds. it's all about building for worlds. now d/w are hungry and we have to keep being at our best.

The usual classy comments from V/M - as there always is from Meryl and Charlie. Too bad some of their fans can't be as generous with their comments.

Shayii
02-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Ok guys I was so excited I had to log off for awhile lol, I'm still so shocked and happy hehe go Tessa and Scott!!!! I really wanted them to win this so bad cuz I felt if they didn't it was gonna mess with their heads for worlds. Amazing performance!! BTW Pani and martyross I don't think I had anything to do with them winning I was a nervous wreck during the performance lol.

So happy bring on worlds! Ok I have to say something and I'm not trying to be picky, but I need Tessa to stop drawing her eyebrows like that it's distracting lol I know she wants it exaggerated like Audrey's but IDK it doesn't work on her.

And the moment when Andrew picked Scott up to be able to see over Tessa's hair was awesome and funny!! And the guy that told Tessa not to kiss him lol WTF? Do you know how many men would love to be kissed by Tessa lol :lol:

iggie
02-13-2012, 02:22 AM
to start the gala, they have all the champions standing on the stairs. patrick is introduced. he waves. the pairs champs are introduced. they wave. tessa and scott are introduced and start to get down, dancing. they get in a wave and continue dancing.

:swoon:

gala is on http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/pop.shtml#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/util/endirect/infotele.asx

Shayii
02-13-2012, 02:26 AM
they have all the champions standing on the stairs. patrick is introduced. he waves. the pairs champs are introduced. they wave. tessa and scott are introduced and start to get down, dancing. they get in a wave and continue dancing.

:swoon:

Haha I saw that I was like get it, Tessa and Scott lol :lol:.

aka_gerbil
02-13-2012, 02:43 AM
I missed it! Hopefully, more permanent video will surface of the dancing introduction. :)

Proustable
02-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Not sure if Scott misspoke, but he mentioned that this would be the last time they performed "I Wanna Hold your Hand." Don't know what they have in mind for worlds.