PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Golightly
02-13-2012, 12:43 AM
And people are talking about the altitude and all that, conditions are the same for everyone, guys.

martyross
02-13-2012, 12:45 AM
It didn't seem to me that Scott was acting the part out as fully as he would normally.

yep, this time Tessa was in the part the most and totally Audrey, she moved exquisitely with big smiles, me love it
anyway the connection between the two was stronger than ever, MAGIC

HSGP21
02-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Anyone streaming the exhibition? Can't imagine these boys thinking of going out and skating again tonight...

pani
02-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I cant belive technical panel noticed D-W usuall mistake in twizzles.
At WCH this will be very hard, but T-S must be in better shape after 4CC/
And they look so cute backstage before warm-up.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Finally a win for V&M. :rollin:

Congratulations to Scott and Tessa and hopefully this should help their confidence going into Worlds.

Why? D&W lost to V&M on the technical score. If V&M up the ante in their skating at a normal altitude, they'll be fine. I think D&W have peaked, while V&M always get better and better by Worlds. We'll see. I am cautiously optimistic that V&M will win Worlds.

Despite the 4CC's win, I'm still taking a wait and see what happens attitude for Worlds. I'm going back and forth between being pumped up for Tessa and Scott and wondering how more normal conditions will effect the outcome of a matchup between D&W and V&M.

On the down side, as happy as I am that V&M finally have another major competition win under their belts I don't like that D&W are still outscoring V&M in the components scores. Also circumstances in Colorado with the altitude makes it hard to know what the judges really think. Clearly the thin air was a factor.

However being more positive, I do agree and am encouraged by the fact that V&M seemed to be able to overcome the high altitude and skate well. Igor was right that if D&W made it through their FD performance then Nice should be a cakewalk. However the same goes for V&M. If they can do what they did in the conditions they did it in then the sky is the limit (or should be) in Nice.

Okay, I'll stop being a "glass is half empty" type and just enjoy the moment. :P

Proustable
02-13-2012, 01:11 AM
well, who would have thought. DW won in Canada, TS in the US. 1-1.

Same as in 2009. Vancouver 4CC went to D/W. Worlds in LA went to V/M

Yes, even if D/W gotten the same levels as T&S, they still would've been beaten in TES by 0.56 (assuming GOEs were the same) and only had a 0.07 edge in PCS, so T&S still would've won the free dance by 0.49. Granted, D/W were ahead by 0.55 but anyway, it's useless to go over the what ifs. I was more just curious because I'm a math nerd haha.

Well, if we give Tessa/Scott the level for the twizzle in the SD, then they come out ahead by 0.94

pani
02-13-2012, 01:14 AM
. Igor was right that if D&W made it through their FD performance then Nice should be a cakewalk. However the same goes for V&M.

Where did he say this& So V-M didnt have so difficult FD& But he said he gave all teams the same :D
I see positive thing in higher GOE for V-M for more difficult lifts, then D-W have.

And in my opinion, Tessa and Scott could skate in SD better, then they did at 4CC. And i am sure, tech pannel will give in Nice all top teams levels 4 for the pattern.
And - did you notice, this is first time ever judges pannel support not all Canton, but tessa and Scott?
And its was great to see, how Scott support D-W during FD from K&C

bbkenn
02-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Finally a win for V&M. :rollin:

Congratulations to Scott and Tessa and hopefully this should help their confidence going into Worlds.

Despite the 4CC's win, I'm still taking a wait and see what happens attitude for Worlds. I'm going back and forth between being pumped up for Tessa and Scott and wondering how more normal conditions will effect the outcome of a matchup between D&W and V&M.

On the down side, as happy as I am that V&M finally have another major competition win under their belts I don't like that D&W are still outscoring V&M in the components scores. Also circumstances in Colorado with the altitude makes it hard to know what the judges really think. Clearly the thin air was a factor.

However being more positive, I do agree and am encouraged by the fact that V&M seemed to be able to overcome the high altitude and skate well. Igor was right that if D&W made it through their FD performance then Nice should be a cakewalk. However the same goes for V&M. If they can do what they did in the conditions they did it in then the sky is the limit (or should be) in Nice.

Okay, I'll stop being a "glass is half empty" type and just enjoy the moment. :P

I do understand how you feel Carmen, but Worlds will be in Europe where they've had a really good reception for their FD. This win brings them (V&M and D&W) tied into Worlds, they've each won 2 Grand Prix events, their own national championship, V&M win 4 continents, D&W won GPF, and ironically D&W's SD has never been defeated this year, and V&M's FD has never been defeated this year, LOL. I can't wait.

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:22 AM
too bad i'm not able to make gifs, anyway this is how i reacted ahah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxF7nxTfjn4

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:27 AM
gee, with all these numbers and hundredths and fractions of hundredths, being a dunce in maths is tragic

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:29 AM
yay! the fd is already up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3odqJMbX84

Golightly
02-13-2012, 01:30 AM
I just saw it. I don't know, guys, but they. were. on. I mean, Tessa even more so. I adored it. For the first time I just utterly adored it. I have liked FF before, I have been overwhelmed at certain sections, but this time? I unabashedly adored every moment of it. Look at the transitions they added, they are gorgeous. Intricate steps everywhere, they were so into it. Just so into it. The jazzy part is precious, it's two artists painting and the ice was their canvas. I am so excited because I hadn't felt like this since, I don't know, Mahler at the Olympics. I am not going to compare both programs. I am just saying that what they did with Funny Face today was incredible. Did it have mistakes? Did Scott seem less in character? Was it imperfect? Yes, but that's just it! Even then they went out there and they were all guts, which is why they were so happy at the end, because it felt good, it felt special. I am so happy I got to see this, to see a performance of this program that totally captured me, that reminded me why I love this sport so much and why I am so happy to be a fan of this ice dance team. Win or lose Worlds, altitude or not, they schooled everyone out there. Sorry again for rambling but I'm happy.

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:32 AM
I do understand how you feel Carmen, but Worlds will be in Europe where they've had a really good reception for their FD. This win brings them (V&M and D&W) tied into Worlds, they've each won 2 Grand Prix events, their own national championship, V&M win 4 continents, D&W won GPF, and ironically D&W's SD has never been defeated this year, and V&M's FD has never been defeated this year, LOL. I can't wait.

that's why i suspect it will end up with the same exact scores in both segments :D

elle123
02-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Well, if we give Tessa/Scott the level for the twizzle in the SD, then they come out ahead by 0.94

Yup, exactly why I said it's useless to think about the what ifs. Very happy with the competition overall and Tessa and Scott's performances. Looking forward to worlds!

martyross
02-13-2012, 01:33 AM
yeah they managed to make the first lift as impressive and playful as the original one