PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Bournekraatzfan
01-29-2012, 05:56 AM
just watched the gala tonight and their IWTHYH was exquisite...I am so glad they hung onto this exhibition piece this season.
I have also been re-watching their FD from nationals and am just in awe of their ability to move. They just look so natural when performing to any rhythm. and I love how every time I watch this I find something new to marvel at...their stability, edge control, perfect unison...they are so special.

iggie
01-29-2012, 06:05 AM
tracy said something like with tessa and scott, it's about the two of them as a couple and the dance

Shayii
01-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I think Tessa would look pretty in a dark aqua/dark turquoise dress.

I want her to keep the hairstyle from the SD at nationals. I like the ponytail with body in it a lot better than the slick ponytail.

I think those two color choices could be amazing! And yes the puffy ponytail is much better, but I'm curious to see what it would look like if she wore it down or half down, since everybody else is wearing a ponytail. iggie maybe they used this week to get new costumes while everybody else was away lol.

Bournekraatzfan
01-29-2012, 08:03 AM
tracy said something like with tessa and scott, it's about the two of them as a couple and the dance

so true...I know I am sounding like a broken record here, but I really do feel these two have the best command over the Latin rhythms (this is especially evident in the samba, as it is IMO the most complex Latin rhythm due to it being polychronic). This may not get them the points, but it sure means a lot to fans like me.
and I love the way they accentuate the differences in tempo and rhythm in their FD. I know this doesn't mean much (or anything, really), but in my books they are still the best dance team on the planet.

pani
01-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I think the main problem is after last year WCh results D-W have safe positions and simply need to show strong skating, when V-M need to do something special for return there gold. They show great programs, but not masterpiece and this is Zueva work.
I rewatched 2011 WCh FD and honestly i wish T-S will skate in SD this FD choreo - people liked every move in that FD and applouds during all FD andthis was not in Canada. They coulds put rhumba in middle section.
Only i notice Zueva didnt look she care about V-M during Nationals?

Just watch D-W FD at Nationals. They look unhappy with this score and Zueva said something like they could + 2 points to this score. I feel said, when Belbin said this was best perfomance she saw "live". I feel sad fo Mahler. First time they gave higher score for worst D-W FD (tango) higher score and now this... Yes, this year FD is much better, then tango, but is this masterpiece?

VarBar
01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
They should go to Christopher Dean so he can give them the same choreography he gives to Jane and himself in show programs. Which is the same choreography he did for SOI group numbers, Samuelson/Gilles and Gilles/Poirier.

Few are as original as he. They can't get away from Marina fast enough.

:lol: So true.

i hope that they can skate well at 4cc and by well i mean, no falls, no trips and full levels. because worlds is stressful enough and i don't want for them the added stress of hoping it'll be the first time their programs truly come together all season. i want them to get that moment at 4cc and build on it.

Exactly. They left 3.50 points on the table in base value in the FD at Canadians against the Grand Prix Final. And I hope the changes they made to Funny Face will get them higher transition marks from international judges too.

Subway
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Only i notice Zueva didnt look she care about V-M during Nationals?

Maybe that view wasn't available to everybody?

Golightly
01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe that view wasn't available to everybody?

:lol:

pani
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Very funny.
D-W fans really happy with how Shpilbans-Zueva work in Canton. But are you a sure this will all so good for you?

twinktwink
01-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm coming out of the safety of 3 years spent lurking on this forum because I can't bare to see such great fans getting themselves so down.

For some reason I've always been a bit chicken about posting on here myself, everyone has always seemed so knowledgeable that I've never known when to step into the fray.

I've been a huge V/M fan since 2008 and give them sole credit for drawing me back into figure skating after losing a little interest in it since Yagudin and A/P retired.

Everyone that has posted on the V/M threads over the years has always kept me highly entertained and I respect each of your views very much.

With so many of you being so worried for our wonderful team I felt like it was time to come out of hiding and do what I can to lift the mood back up a bit :)

I do understand where all the worrying is coming from, I haven't liked the luke warm response Tessa and Scott have been getting at times this season, especially when its so plain to see how exquisite their movement is, but I don't think we all need to take it to the level that its got to over the last couple of days.

When Tessa and Scott skate cleanly and the moment is right then it is pure perfection and the most important place to have all that come together is Worlds. Yes I wish they didn't have to go through the little trickle of bad luck that they've been having lately but I'd rather it happened now and they get it out of their system than it creep in at Worlds.

If they have that moment of perfection at Worlds and D/W don't very obviously out skate them (and for me in order for D/W to do that they would have to actually become V/M and skate with their grace as well as speed. That may sound harsh and I don't mean to detract from the talent that D/W have but they simply are not V/M. JMO.) and they still don't win Gold then it won't have come down to talent but politicks and if that's the case then there's no beating that. Its not something you can train for and work out a way to overcome. It would be out their hands and most certainly out of ours.

I would love for all the stress to go away and for us all to go back to being able to fully enjoy having this very special team still competing and showing the world that dance really does still exist on ice.

Let's make this thread so alive with positive energy for V/M that its soooooooooo bright that everyone on FSU has got to wear shades when they come in and take a peak :D

And now I may just go back into hiding :slinkaway

clarie
01-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Great post Twinktwink.......don't go into hiding please. You sound so positive and you are so right!!!!

Subway
01-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Very funny.
D-W fans really happy with how Shpilbans-Zueva work in Canton. But are you a sure this will all so good for you?

If there are politics this season it's not at Canton but in ice dance. But if someone has confirmation bias and doesn't care for Marina/Igor choreography or like D/W, it's easier to say Canton is the problem and not ice dance judging, because that becomes evidence that Tessa and Scott should do what you want them to do anyway.

iggie
01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
hi Twinktwink!

i woke up yesterday to the tail end of the old thread and couldn't believe how heavy it had become. but the best way to lighten it is to post and be positive. so please, keep posting! :)

pani
01-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I wish Tessa wear golden dress (if she didnt have new) and try to skate las year FD with pattern in middle part.
I am sure, for WCh Tessa will have new SD dress.
Good post Twinktwink!

twinktwink
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome Claire, iggie and pani.

I'll hopefully have the courage to stick around and post more :)

Pani- I would LOVE it if Tessa had a gold dress in the style of the pink one, that would look stunning on the ice!