PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Proustable
02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Rushed home from my nexus interview to see this and wow wow wow.

When Igor said it would be walk in the park I thought afterwards.... which park!!

Didnt like that neither Marina nor Igor were at the KnC with T&S.

I was dancing around the computer when the scores came out.

1. Igor said NICE (Worlds) would be a walk in the park, and I think it will be a better skated event all around.

2. Didn't bug me that much. Given the relative conditions of Alex and Charlie compared to Scott, I think it was fair.

Lissa
02-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Why? D&W lost to V&M on the technical score. If V&M up the ante in their skating at a normal altitude, they'll be fine. I think D&W have peaked, while V&M always get better and better by Worlds. We'll see. I am cautiously optimistic that V&M will win Worlds.

Exactly!
:D

Proustable
D/W normal routine is not having 4 level 3 elements.. They left significant points on the table.. and STILL outscored V/M PCS wise..

V/M outscored D/W GOE wise, and GOEs aren't related to levels.

V/M out PCSed D/W in the SD more than D/W out PCSed V/M in the FD

Lissa
When will it be available to watch?

sequins
02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Igor just means the conditions I think. Like if you can skate it here with the altitude, you won't have a problem in Nice.

HSGP21
02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
They must be feeling great right now! A well deserved win... Meryl and Charlie skated wonderfully, but were scored correctly by a challenging (and Judy Blumburg) panel...in the USA. THAT speaks to Tessa and Scott's strengths. Six weeks of training will be great for both... have to imagine Meryl and Charlie will fix the levels, but I also have to imaging that Tessa and Scott are going to rock this program even more in Nice, and will receive well-deserved and big PCS scores. It is going to be QUITE the competition in Nice...both for Gold and for Bronze!

Golightly
02-13-2012, 12:26 AM
The gap is certainly closing. It might be a good thing that the judges have been that tough on V-M after all.

Golightly
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Igor just means the conditions I think. Like if you can skate it here with the altitude, you won't have a problem in Nice.

Yes, that's my take on it too.

bbkenn
02-13-2012, 12:28 AM
D/W normal routine is not having 4 level 3 elements.. They left significant points on the table.. and STILL outscored V/M PCS wise..

yes, by .13 a whopping defeat.:lol::lol:

martyross
02-13-2012, 12:28 AM
well, who would have thought. DW won in Canada, TS in the US. 1-1.

elle123
02-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Not likely since this is what I read about the routines........

Levels told the tale in tonight's free dance; Davis, White had tiny edge on PCS but Virtue, Moir had a four-point TES advantage.

Yes, even if D/W gotten the same levels as T&S, they still would've been beaten in TES by 0.56 (assuming GOEs were the same) and only had a 0.07 edge in PCS, so T&S still would've won the free dance by 0.49. Granted, D/W were ahead by 0.55 but anyway, it's useless to go over the what ifs. I was more just curious because I'm a math nerd haha.

bbkenn
02-13-2012, 12:30 AM
The gap is certainly closing. It might be a good thing that the judges have been that tough on V-M after all.

I agree. I think it's made them hungrier and they have worked harder at improving. I also think that it takes time, when coming back from an injury, to regain the judges' trust that you can do it as well as before. This may also be a bit of what's happening. I think the judges really like both teams.

ddtpdx
02-13-2012, 12:39 AM
When will it be available to watch?

try this.
it's available in canada, not sure if it's geoblocked.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/video/#id=2195809275

pani
02-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Fine, i will.. both teams skating their normal routines as they stand now would result in D/W winning...

V-M had higher GOE, so with the same levels they will won intechnick 0,5/ So judges gave them a little lessscomponents, but higher GOEAnd i am happy, the V-M more difficult lifts have at least higher GOE

twinktwink
02-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Woohoo!! Congrats to Tessa and Scot for the win!

A massive well done to all the skaters for getting through it tonight, I can't quite believe Alex Shib made it to the end and I was sure he was going to throw up on the ice.

I could kind of see in Scott's face as they were getting closer to the rotational lift that he was gearing himself up for that last push, bless him, he did look spent at the end, happy but totally spent.

I'm actually not all that surprised that D/W beat them on PCS, only because I don't think that Tessa and Scott pushed the boat out when it came to the performance this time around. Understandably so, it became about making sure they were breathing properly. It didn't seem to me that Scott was acting the part out as fully as he would normally. Loved Tessa's cheekiness towards him in the beginning pose this time around, very cute and got a laugh out of the crowd.

When D/W started their routine I did think that Charlie didn't look like he was hitting his edges correctly or that something about his footwork wasn't clean. I actually thought he'd got it back together after about 40 seconds into the routine. I was completely surprised by the difference in points though. I half expected them to end up with 112, lol simply because I don't ever feel like their mistakes are picked up on. I was beginning to think that it was always me and I should go get my eyes tested :lol:

So pleased for Tessa and Scott, they deserved it through and through.