PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

TanithandBenFan
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Posted lots of photos from Saturday's dance practice and short dance (http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-four-continents-saturday-events.html) on my blog. :)

pani
02-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Posted lots of photos from Saturday's dance practice and short dance (http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-four-continents-saturday-events.html) on my blog. :)

Thanks! Great photos!

bbkenn
02-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Fabulous pictures. Thanks for sharing. Question: No pic of V&M in Kiss and Cry with coaches?

Golightly
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, that was better, wasn't it? Agree about the camera angles, just awful. I couldn't enjoy the transitions in the Temptation part, but I liked what I saw. Tessa is such a superstar when she skates all free and she has this way about her when she moves, like she's really feeling the music, the way she moves her arms is perfect. Look at the shapes and angles she does with her hands and arms, all that while moving with the music and doing edgework and looking at and never breaking the connection with Scott. I just... I'm rambling I know, but really, this is what we need to appreciate the most, you know? These little details we see when they move. Tessa, in this case, because in latin dance, the woman is pretty much the protagonist. So, these are things that sadly go unnoticed by the judges, I think.

I didn't notice Tessa grabbing her skate too late, it was such a minor detail and, yes, that deducts a level, I know, but come on! It was barely there. Too bad that Scott had that little bobble at the end of the circular step sequence. By the way, I don't know if you agree, but that's the best circular step sequence I've seen them do this season. Both patterns looked strong, very sharp and beautiful, if only they got those levels up. I hate this pattern so much and I hate the fact that is even graded on a level basis, it's just ridiculous and contradictory. But, whatever, that's what we get, and that's what they need to work with. I agree that they should't tinker with it more, they should just practice and practice, see if they can make it better for Worlds. So very glad to see the pot stirrer back because I love it, but they should try to watch that ending so that they do not finish before the music, that happened here.

elle123
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
The way Tessa and Scott give each other smoldering looks going into their opening pose for the SD. . . everything else they do after doesn't really matter to me haha. No other team comes close to them when it comes to chemistry and passion - even the ones that are dating!

I agree that the original SD didn't need to be changed but I'm assuming whatever feedback they received from the judges warranted the changes (whether they were for the better or worse).

pani
02-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Did you notice that beautifull new element between first part and Temptetion?
I wish to see this from different camera angle.

lavenderblue
02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Fabulous pictures. Thanks for sharing. Question: No pic of V&M in Kiss and Cry with coaches?

I was in attendance -- both left to prep the Shibutanis after greeting Tessa and Scott. The same thing happened after Meryl and Charlie's skate; both Marina and Igor left them alone to prep V/M.

Lissa
02-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Well seems like they will lose the FCC again, oh well, when is the FD & will the results be made known today?

I am not getting coverage till next weekend where I live..:rolleyes:

martyross
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Well seems like they will lose the FCC again, oh well,

:confused:

evidence of this?

martyross
02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
i don't know, even if my legs were shacking badly during their skate i couldn't help to notice the marvellous elegance of this sd this time... not completely latin, seemed very much Mahleresque actually, Scott was secure in carrying his lady and Tessa was soft and looked vulnerable which was adorable. ok, i'm so under her spell, hopeless case! ^

pani
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Well seems like they will lose the FCC again, oh well, when is the FD & will the results be made known today?

I am not getting coverage till next weekend where I live..:rolleyes:

Watch Radio-Canada. Win o lose, but you must watch there skating "live" :)

Lissa
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Watch Radio-Canada. Win o lose, but you must watch there skating "live" :)

Thanks, so when will V&M be skating? Since D&W go last of course they will probably end up winning if they skate clean....

twinktwink
02-12-2012, 09:16 PM
I've just been watching the pairs LP and wow! Such an unnerving experience, did not feel comfortable for any of the skaters.

Wishing Tessa and Scott all the best for tonight as well as all the other skaters, want them to make it through their routines safely. I keep thinking about Tessa and Scott's truly great cinematic finale to the program and hoping that Scott has the strength and energy to get through it. Watching them skate FF never gets old though and I'm so excited to see another performance of it very soon :)

pani
02-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks, so when will V&M be skating? Since D&W go last of course they will probably end up winning if they skate clean....

Look at this page Time Schedule (pdf)
http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2012/index.htm
I dont know your time zone.

Shayii
02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm just getting a chance to watch their SD, I got back so late yesterday and Whitney Houston had to go and die (one of my favorite singers ever) :(:(. Anyways I thought they did a great job and it went a lot better than nationals, thank God!! Like everybody else this version of the SD is not gonna be my favorite, but they should stop messing with it and focus on perfecting it for worlds. With that said I thought they should have come in first :(, but oh well, I get to watch the FD live so I'm wishing them an amazing skate!!