PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-29-2012, 01:33 AM
If there is an "obsession" on the parts of V&M to beat D&W, perhaps it stems from the fact that up through the GPF it did appear as if V&M were being given the message through the judges marks that D&W had passed them by in most areas. Like some of us, Scott in particular feels that impression is incorrect.

There also seemed (seems?) to be the impression that V&M's coaching team is no longer giving equal attention to their two top teams. V&M (Scott in particular) are very competitive and they know what they are capable of. Even without major mistakes, it has seemed for most of the season that the judges are viewing V&M as the inferior team.

I'm surprised by how relatively low D&W's scores at U.S. Nationals were. Given those marks, I do think V&M have a shot to win another world title but they have to get their heads together and try and ignore what has been going on for the majority of the season. I think that the SD performance at the GPF might have been due to the pressure and whats being said off ice.

Subway
01-29-2012, 01:40 AM
What a low score for Shibs in FD - 106.23/ Its because they didnt skate V-M FD? :lol:

Now i understand what Shpilband mean, when he talked about we give all the same things - they give them the same programs :lol:Maybe V-M didnt pay money for this choreo, thats why Marina gave it to Shibs?
Honestly, i like Shibs, but what Marina doing?

They should go to Christopher Dean so he can give them the same choreography he gives to Jane and himself in show programs. Which is the same choreography he did for SOI group numbers, Samuelson/Gilles and Gilles/Poirier.

Few are as original as he. They can't get away from Marina fast enough.

maggylyn
01-29-2012, 03:04 AM
It feels as though they overreacted to something that didn't require overreaction -- Scott didn't fall, nor did they miss their levels, because the structure was somehow wrong. I really felt that as long as they drilled those rhumba sequences and the SS enough, they'd get those 4s, and once that became second nature the PCS would only have more room to grow. The restructuring just seems like overkill.

Bringing this quote from the previous V/M thread.

While I agree that the SD seemed to be working fine the way it was, I think no one really knows what, if any, feedback Scott and Tessa received about the SD from the judges. It could be that something was said to them by someone with influence and that it's not about Scott falling during the GPF. There are a lot of interesting assumptions going around, but we don't really know what's going on.

And I personally hope they never go to Christopher Dean. Maybe for an exhibition but not for a competitive program. I have no desire to see V/M looking like T/D.

iggie
01-29-2012, 03:18 AM
i hope that they can skate well at 4cc and by well i mean, no falls, no trips and full levels. because worlds is stressful enough and i don't want for them the added stress of hoping it'll be the first time their programs truly come together all season. i want them to get that moment at 4cc and build on it.

zilam98
01-29-2012, 04:04 AM
of all our suggestions for a color change on tessa's sd costume, no one even thought of brown that meryl is now wearing. how about a pale blue or aqua?

just lightening up the mood here ;)

iggie
01-29-2012, 04:10 AM
as long as it's not neon... anyway, i've like her sd costumes all season.

zilam98
01-29-2012, 04:18 AM
as long as it's not neon... anyway, i've like her sd costumes all season.

funny, the title of the thread is all about needing shades because of the bright future. :cool:

HSGP21
01-29-2012, 04:31 AM
anyone watch the gala tonight????

iggie
01-29-2012, 04:36 AM
i did. same gala exhibition as gpf.

zilam98
01-29-2012, 05:02 AM
maybe tessa can wear something of a leopard print for the sd? rawr! ;)

iggie
01-29-2012, 05:15 AM
that's weaver territory

aka_gerbil
01-29-2012, 05:18 AM
I think Tessa would look pretty in a dark aqua/dark turquoise dress.

I want her to keep the hairstyle from the SD at nationals. I like the ponytail with body in it a lot better than the slick ponytail.

Proustable
01-29-2012, 05:28 AM
These are the facts. In the only instance they competed at the same event this season, Scott fell and V-M skated a sub-par SD, but won the FD. So, I ask this: why is it that you think it is impossible for V-M to defeat D-W at Worlds? I think it will be close, but I won't emphatically say that V-M are doomed for the season. I don't see things that way, but maybe that is just me.

Briefly.... V/M's advantage in the past has been PCS and GOEs. Getting levels generally came more easily to D/W. Now, that advantage is largely nullified. D/W can match/beat them in PCS and their GOES are spectacular - see the GPF. V/M's intanglible qualities - connection, match, skating-as-one, etc - aren't reflected as profoundly in the scores.

I don't think the sky is falling or anything, and the level of hysteria is quite startling, but I'd be genuinely surprised if V/M beat D/W this season without D/W making a major mistake.

Bournekraatzfan
01-29-2012, 05:47 AM
I think Tessa would look pretty in a dark aqua/dark turquoise dress.

I want her to keep the hairstyle from the SD at nationals. I like the ponytail with body in it a lot better than the slick ponytail.

I agree, Tessa would look great in those colours. I also think teal would work well....a teal dress with fringe.

The straight ponytail seems to be really popular in the competitive Latin division of Dancesport. but I also liked Tessa's hairstyle at nationals.

iggie
01-29-2012, 05:54 AM
4cc is in two weeks. are we really expecting new costumes?