PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Pratfall
02-08-2012, 01:12 AM
In regard to CBC streaming , their schedule doesn't show anything 'til Sunday at that time , supposedly Men's & Women's free , repeated on Wed... and no stream of Pairs and Dance free until Sunday the 18th.. On CBC TV , it looks like the same time Sunday in the daytime for men's and women's free and maybe not 'til 12:30 AM Monday for Dance and Pairs free..pretty poor coverage , IMO.( They detect that I'm asking from the west coast, and will only give me PST )

I have CBC Ottawa in my cable package , so I'm hoping I'll get to see the dance 3 hours earlier...

It wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake in their schedule , though,( or changed it at the last minute ) so I guess I'll check it out on Saturday.

Bournekraatzfan
02-08-2012, 07:12 AM
http://photography.ice-dance.com/2011-12/2012Canadians/Sr/ThAMPract/12CdnNat-SrThAMPract-2423-VM-MH.jpg.php
Practice photos from Nationals.

What do you think they will skaеe in CSOI? I think they will skate shorter FF version (and Tessa could use black outfit, like she what to do) and maybe new exibition number on slow music.

thank you for sharing such a lovely photo.

for CSOI: you got me thinking about an extended version of the 'crazy Audrey' part of the original version of their FD. I absolutely love that part (and I know others on this forum do too!) and would be delighted to see more of this playful scene. I love how they work the staccato.

fave exhibition: IWTHYH--I have recorded every version this season so that I could watch it over and over again...just exquisite.

and thanks for the info on the Mahler dress..for some reason I thought the top part was a bit different at Thornhill, but I guess not. Anyways, love that version of the dress and loved the TEB one...I really liked the Olympic version, but preferred these two.

Bournekraatzfan
02-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Gala finale at Nationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS7nR96TWrk&feature=player_embedded
Medal ceremony with T-S interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C3gJlvl8QY&feature=player_embedded

awesome! thanks! I never get tired of seeing 'the goose.' I wish Tessa and Scott would skate to "Wild Horses." actually, I would love to see them do a Rolling Stones medley.

OT, but it made me a touch uncomfortable seeing Gabrielle Daleman performing to the "tried to take me upstairs for a ride" part of the music. OTOH, Cynthia was a perfect fit for that piece of music...mature, sensual, cool. Kevin Reynolds' use of the music was a pleasant surprise. I wish we could have seen Tessa and Scott more during this number.

Shayii
02-08-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm not comfortable doing that, but I guess you could ask if you want to.

Yea I don't think we should ask him that on his facebook, I think it would be too intrusive. Maybe there's a specific reason that the contract fell through that they don't want disclosed (I hope that didn't come across negatively cuz I don't think they did something for that to happen).

awesome! thanks! I never get tired of seeing 'the goose.' I wish Tessa and Scott would skate to "Wild Horses." actually, I would love to see them do a Rolling Stones medley.

Omg I can't believe you also want them to skate to wild horses lol. I keep imagining them and hoping they would to do an exhibition to it, but I prefer the Josh Krajcik version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU0AZ4hhcZo) from X Factor.

pani
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
So no news from practice?

lavenderblue
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Most of the N.A. dancers are confirmed as only flying out today, and none practiced yesterday.

pani
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Most of the N.A. dancers are confirmed as only flying out today, and none practiced yesterday.

Thanks! :)

maggylyn
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM

I wonder how these things work for giving themselves enough time to adjust to the altitude. Is just a few days enough?

pani
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I wonder how these things work for giving themselves enough time to adjust to the altitude. Is just a few days enough?

Hard to say. Sometime skaters prefer to come to competitions right before competitions will start and compete before "jet legs" :D
But its alwayse hard to skate in Colorado Springs. I remeber, like Yagudin felt so bad after SA in CS and need medical help.

DORISPULASKI
02-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Was that the year he skated his Broken Arrow routine for the LP? Berezhnaya & Sikuralidze had problems with the altitude, too.

VarBar
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Was that the year he skated his Broken Arrow routine for the LP?

That's right, DORIS, '99 Skate America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexZmsLcHVo

I hope no one will have breathing issues at 4CC though.:)

DORISPULASKI
02-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Well, Colorado Springs is at the same elevation it was in 1999. However:

It's later in the season than Skate America, which was the first GP back in 1999. Everyone will be in much better shape.

Patrick Chan trains there, the US team went there pretty much straight from Nationals. Those groups should not have problems.

In fact, the US skaters go there for Champs Camp, I think? They should all know what they are in for.

I can't say about the Chinese and Japanese teams, and the other teams. Do they ever train at altitude? If any of the competitors have asthma, that might exacerbate breathing issues.

pani
02-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Well, Colorado Springs is at the same elevation it was in 1999. However:

It's later in the season than Skate America, which was the first GP back in 1999. Everyone will be in much better shape.

Patrick Chan trains there, the US team went there pretty much straight from Nationals. Those groups should not have problems.

In fact, the US skaters go there for Champs Camp, I think? They should all know what they are in for.

I can't say about the Chinese and Japanese teams, and the other teams. Do they ever train at altitude? If any of the competitors have asthma, that might exacerbate breathing issues.

Yes, D-W will never have any problems, Doris! :lol:

Interesting, why other USA skater spend 5-6 days in Colorado Springs, but not ice dancers?

DORISPULASKI
02-09-2012, 10:30 AM
pani, I have no idea why they didn't go. But D&W, V&M, and S&S all have at least one of the team in college. They may have wanted that one more day in school.

Do you know whether Weaver and Poje and Paul and Islam went earlier?

pani
02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
P-I ariived yerstaday. H-D post after Nationals - they will be at 4CC on Wensday.