PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

flowerpower
02-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Its inetersting, whrere this movie will be made? This will be movie about there pratice in Canton, or backstage from competitions? Very interesting to know. And i feel they will made this movie for 2013 WCH in London.

The article says that the documentary is "a look at the world of competitive ice skating through the eyes of Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir" and that it's being made for CBC, the network which currently has the Canadian contract to broadcast international skating events. So it might have been commissioned in connection with Worlds 2013.

Doesn't matter the reason, though, I'm delighted to hear it. I hope the funding is solid (that the CBC is funding it, not just contracting to show it once it's done). As the filmmakers say in the article, getting the funding for documentaries is always a huge issue.

pani
02-06-2012, 10:26 AM
The article says that the documentary is "a look at the world of competitive ice skating through the eyes of Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir" and that it's being made for CBC, the network which currently has the Canadian contract to broadcast international skating events. So it might have been commissioned in connection with Worlds 2013.

Doesn't matter the reason, though, I'm delighted to hear it. I hope the funding is solid (that the CBC is funding it, not just contracting to show it once it's done). As the filmmakers say in the article, getting the funding for documentaries is always a huge issue.

Thanks!
Cant wait to see this documentary, because i alwayse ineteresting about how skaters practice and about backstage at competitions ;)
Not a long time ago i watched documentaries, wich was made in USSR in middle 70th about Rodnina, Moskvina, Tsaikovskay, Pahomova, Tarasova, Kudryvtsev, Zhuck, Vodorezova. It was very inetersting to see how traning was going. It was short documentaries, but very interesting to watch :)

pani
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I have 1 question - how do you think, did T-S have actors class? They play there roles so greate in this year FD, like nobodyelse. And Scott look so natural when he play Fred - amazing :)

Judy
02-06-2012, 11:23 PM
What happened with the Roots contract?

Shayii
02-06-2012, 11:39 PM

Hey Judy, sorry for just replying, but as far as I can tell nobody seems to be sure what exactly happened. There were some discussions on it at FF and somebody did ask Roots if they were still working with Tessa and Scott and they replied that they weren't currently, but they might in the future. So I'm guessing there's no more contract IDK. And all the roots stuff that they did a couple of years ago, like the video of them modelling Roots clothes were pulled off youtube and the photo shoot pictures too.

maggylyn
02-07-2012, 12:05 AM

I know, it's like the Roots deal quietly disappeared. I don't think I've seen Scott or Tessa wearing any Roots clothing in a while.

You aren't the only one with questions about what happened. Maybe someone around here knows the answer.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-07-2012, 01:24 AM
http://www.windsorstar.com/entertainment/Little+film+house+that+could/6101464/story.html

There's going to be a documentary about Tessa and Scott :)

Wow, I wish I were up in Canada. I'm surprised there hasn't been a V&M documentary until now; especially after they won the Olympic gold.

I have 1 question - how do you think, did T-S have actors class? They play there roles so greate in this year FD, like nobodyelse. And Scott look so natural when he play Fred - amazing :)

You weren't addressing me but -

I read about icedancers taking classes or consulting with experts for a paticular assigned rhythm for the OD's/SD's but in this case I wonder if Tessa and Scott just watched the film once or twice. IMO they have a natural ability to connect with whatever music and theme they have chosen to skate to. They are excellent interpretive skaters.

I love the way they sell Funny Face as well.

As for 4CC's, I'm just hoping V&M skate both of their programs :kickass:. If they can get past the mistakes that were present at the GPF and Canadians I believe they should have a good chance of winning. At the very least I hope they end the competition satisfied with their performances.

pani
02-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Wow, I wish I were up in Canada. I'm surprised there hasn't been a V&M documentary until now; especially after they won the Olympic gold..

I hope they will show, how T-S choose music for there programs, made costumes,how they beging working with choreo for new programs ect. :)

You weren't addressing me but -

I read about icedancers taking classes or consulting with experts for a paticular assigned rhythm for the OD's/SD's but in this case I wonder if Tessa and Scott just watched the film once or twice. IMO they have a natural ability to connect with whatever music and theme they have chosen to skate to. They are excellent interpretive skaters.

I love the way they sell Funny Face as well.

I asked everyone :) Thanks for answer.
I remember T-S told, Scott remember a lot of moves, phrase from this movie. But i am really impressed with him in this FD. I think he must be an actor after he will retier :D
And Tessa look so confident, shining, happy in this FD. Yes, she didnt play that book-store gitl, but show Audrey top model really well. And the most impressive part in this two - sence of rythm. If you watch there FD without music, you understand, they dance quick-step, fast foxtrot, jazz, slow foxtrot. :)

As for 4CC's, I'm just hoping V&M skate both of their programs . If they can get past the mistakes that were present at the GPF and Canadians I believe they should have a good chance of winning. At the very least I hope they end the competition satisfied with their performances.

I could only wish them good luck and enjoy doing, what they love to do - skate and perform on ice. And :kickass: V-M!

elle123
02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
And the most impressive part in this two - sence of rythm. If you watch there FD without music, you understand, they dance quick-step, fast foxtrot, jazz, slow foxtrot. :)

I could only wish them good luck and enjoy doing, what they love to do - skate and perform on ice. And :kickass: V-M!

Well said, Pani! Looks like broadcast of 4CC will be scarce in Canada . . . thank goodness for youtube!

pani
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Looks like broadcast of 4CC will be scarce in Canada . . . thank goodness for youtube!

PJ post on twitter
streaming starts on Sat at 2ET incl chat with me

elle123
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
That's not what it said on the CBC website:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

But that's great news!

pani
02-07-2012, 03:31 PM
That's not what it said on the CBC website:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

But that's great news!

I dont know, maybe she is wrong? :confused:

elle123
02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't know, but I'm hoping she's right!

Judy
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I know, it's like the Roots deal quietly disappeared. I don't think I've seen Scott or Tessa wearing any Roots clothing in a while.

You aren't the only one with questions about what happened. Maybe someone around here knows the answer.

I think we should ask Scott on his FB profile. Originally they had signed a 4 year contract.

maggylyn
02-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I think we should ask Scott on his FB profile. Originally they had signed a 4 year contract.

I'm not comfortable doing that, but I guess you could ask if you want to.