PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

lavenderblue
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Favorite dress was last season's SD dress, bar none, though the Olympics and Worlds Mahler comes in second. I'd also rank Scott's costume from that same SD as my favorite for him; blue's an excellent color they really should utilize for him more frequently.

Favorite FD is a closer call, but Pink Floyd (and if we're voting costume picks for that one, all-black). Next might be Mahler; I've gone back and forth on the two.

Favorite OD, Assassination Tango. Farrucas and Call Me Irresponsible/Puttin' On the Ritz are strong runners-up.

sequins
01-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Meryl or Tessa?
Look like Meryl like this color - she used this colors at 2010 WCh CD, last year SD.

Meryl. Those colours just say waltz to me I don't really no why.

pani
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Meryl. Those colours just say waltz to me I don't really no why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjT4mS1iuM
I like this "spring waltz dress" white with green.

sap5
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd love to see an exhibition in a closed-hold ballroom style, like "Call Me Irresponsible" or even the Finnstep CD, with no SBS twizzles or footwork sequences, blade to the head lifts, or flashy tricks.

mia joy
01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Since you guys are talking dresses, I just wanted to say that Tessa's Valse Triste dress is probably my favourite skating dress EVER.
Also, I loved the way she looked with red hair, she should go back to that colour IMO, it went well with her fair skin.

I know, it's not normal for me to come here and actually praise Tessa, but I loved the way she looked in that FD. And yes, I do think the nose job was completely unnecessary.

Shayii
01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
I actually like the gold dress she wore for their FD for last year, I liked the whole look. I know some people didn't like the tan and the black hair, but I think it worked she looked hot and like one of those Latin ballroom dancers.

I just recently figured out that Tessa had a nose job. I noticed that something was different about her face from before 2009 and after, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was, but then I figured it out. IDK I think she's beautiful either way, but if it makes her feel better about herself then who cares, as long as she's happy.

IoanaC
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Did you ever think - i wish this dress for Tessa or this FD for T-S?

I don't really have any concrete music ideas for a FD, but I do know that, in a perfect world, I would love for them to work with Ingo Steuer someday (preferably in the next 2 years):). Highly unlikely, I realize that. V/M may never give up on Zueva as a choreographer and he'll be far too busy coaching Savchenko & Szolkowy until Sochi. Still, it's a very nice dream...

twinktwink
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow! This place has certainly been busy in the last couple of days!

I've just caught up with all the posts and want to say a quick thanks to bbkenn and bournekraatzfan for the shout outs, its been great getting such a warm welcome from you all.

Add me to the list of people that loved Tessa's finnstep dress, that colour looked fantastic on her. The paso cd dress from 09 was gorgeous too.

My fave OD would have to be Call Me Irresponsible/Putting on the Ritz. I loved the way they lived and breathed the music of that routine and it would be great to see them do something like it as seniors.

My fave Scott costume is actually the brown shirt from UoC. I know it gets a lot of flack and wasn't all that popular at the time but for some reason I liked the cut of the shirt and the tone of the brown, for me it just worked much more when compared with the blue. I did love that shade of blue on him though but it wasn't right for the program. Avery close second would be the black polo neck for Worlds 09, that was pretty damn sexy lol.

Its tough to choose an FD because I love different things about each one so I'm going to have to have a good think about it before making a final decision :)

Bue
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
And yes, I do think the nose job was completely unnecessary.

I miss the old nose! It had a lot of character. She's great-looking either way though.

Golightly
01-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Just throwing it out there that a nose job isn't always practiced because of aesthetic reasons. That bump on your nose can (and usually does) cause other issues, very annoying most of the time. That said, I think Tessa looks great either way, she's one of those people that's even more stunning in person, too :)

Another costume I really liked was the one she used for the SD last year, that was really beautiful. And that's best costume for Scott, too, he looked really handsome. I wish he used something similar for Funny Face.

Proustable
02-01-2012, 01:15 AM
So in an (probably unsuccesssful) attempt to change the subject. What is your fave V&M FD to date How about Tessa's outfits, your fave there.

Mine would be last years latin FD, I confess mostly due to the 'temptation' lift. The greatest lift in history:lol: and Tessa's 'Valse Triste' dress and the CD one at the 2010 Olys. She just looked smashing!

Discuss....or not. I'm trying. All right.....

Favourite FD: Mahler, first, last always. I fell in love with it based on crappy cellcam footage from Thornhill, and watching it grow during the Olympic season was a delight. It was a program that breathed from first step to last note, and is just one of the greatest figure skating routines of all time.

Favourite OD: Hmmmm.....I'm gonna go with their last junior OD, the Mambo/Rhumba. The precision of the movements and the startling amount of carnality sell it.

Favourite Costume, Tessa: The gold dress, Latin FD.

Favourite Costume, Scott: Gotta be the Waltz/Tango SD. Just pitch perfect, like he was out of a Fitzgerald novel.

And some more favourites, just for fun

Favourite curve lift: "Temptation," all the way. Wowsa. Runner-up would be the curve lift from their Russian Folk OD, and the one from their Farruca dance.

Favourite straight line lift: As awesome as "the Goose" is, I think the straight line lift in the Latin FD has more character.

Favourite rotational lift: The climactic lift from Mahler is gorgeous.

Favourite combo lift: The end of "Funny Face." It's practically cinematic.

Favourite step sequence: Farruca. I love watching the BBC/B.Eurosport coverage where they don't tune out the audience and let the colours work for themselves. Tessa's expression at the end (and really, anyone who says Tessa isn't expressive needs to watch that) is absolutely dynamite. She's practically breathing fire by then.

Pratfall
02-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Hmmmm..They've had so many good costumes.. twinktwink , you're not alone in admiring that UoC shirt. And just as an aside , whatever the costume, Scott has the best tailored pants in figure skating. Never too long in the crotch, no gaping pockets...nothing to hinder appreciation of his lines. Just perfect.

I really loved the psychedelic '09 costumes, and was sorry when they changed them. They both looked fabulous for their Tango CD ( I've longed to see a full Tango FD from them for years , because they truly get it. )..the Flamenco OD ( esp. Tessa ) and Dark Eyes OD ( esp. Scott ). I loved the original gold Latin dress and the 4CC latin...( Scott must keep the black..he does that look more justice than anybody ) :swoon::rolleyes:

lavenderblue
02-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Favourite OD: Hmmmm.....I'm gonna go with their last junior OD, the Mambo/Rhumba. The precision of the movements and the startling amount of carnality sell it.

Oh, dear, that one slipped my mind, but it makes my short list for the same reasons. Remarkably intense especially given their age (akin to the previous season's blues CD).

walei
02-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Favorite FD: Latin Medley. Usually I do not enjoy watching Latin routines but was instantly mesmerized the second Tessa and Scott moves. They are so fluid, sexy and saucy!!

Favorite OD: Farrucas. My favorite performance is their World's outing in Torino. The attitude Scott has, the intensity in from Tessa's fingertip all the way down to her toes, really shows their versatility. This is why I have faith in their SD this year still, because I remember they had heaps of problems with this dance until the Olympics.

Favorite Dress: Scott - 2011SD, I love that outfit!! Scott looked like a total gentleman. Tessa - Pink frills for the Latin SD. I'm sorry it may be an unlucky dress but I LOVE it on Tessa. I just hope they keep the twirls for the ending to let the frills pop!

bbkenn
02-01-2012, 03:10 AM
You guys are so good at knowing all the names of their routines and their costumes. I'm not that good.
My favorite FD so far is Mahler; it still mesmerizes me. A close second is Majer Latina from last year;
Favorite SD? I have liked most of them, but still like the Olympic SD the best;
Favorite costume: FD Pink Floyd, close second Mahler on Tessa; Pink Floyd on Scott
Favorite costume: SD: Majer Latina on Tessa, Tango SD 2010 on Scott