PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

walei
01-31-2012, 03:46 AM
I agree! Especially with pretty much all what Subway said and don't find him anywhere near as hysterical.

To me, the only thing Igor/Marina *may* be accused of is maybe they are not politicking for V/M hard enough, or they are politicking in D/W in V/M's expense. This has nothing to do with the program. Internationally on the Grand Prix circuit, V/M has scored higher in SD than D/W when skated clean (yeah yeah yeah I know different comp etc. etc.) and FF is still technically undefeated even against the "Zueva Masterpiece".

The real question a lot of us have is the PCS swing in D/W favor that we don't see, including many of those involved in the Ice Dancing world! A change in coaching isn't going to change that, and I am actually more afraid that V/M would become the next B/A and see major dumpage! Imagine the fire Scott will be spewing :lol:

Funny Face isn't the problem, but they are making changes to give the message that they will work to get back the advantage. I have faith that they will bring it in 4CC including the kind of botched SD, and see how it really measures up against the aura of invincibility that D/W have now.

zilam98
01-31-2012, 04:59 AM
I'd rather put the money towards making sure Scott doesn't wear that snakeskin shirt anymore ;) Back in black with a white square on the back with the #80 and put her in something glittery and sexy.

maybe tessa should wear the snakeskin instead, with glitter! :D

pani
01-31-2012, 06:32 AM
Just to clarify, I love both teams, think they are both supremely talented and will be happy for either one. However, I do prefer V&M and think they are the superior team and thus would like to see them win if they skate clean.

I know. For me its look like V-M didnt have there own fans and nobody care about there results and thats why happy with Canton and Zueva.

A change in coaching isn't going to change that, and I am actually more afraid that V/M would become the next B/A and see major dumpage
Why? Tessa is so pure skater, like Belbin and Ben was at the same level with Scott now? And isn theer FD is what Zueva did with B-A in 2007?

Calling Dean choreography 80-sh and maybe old-fashion is a new trend? Am I missing something?

Because people didnt like G-P won over P-I and becasue they see - G-P will beat W=P next season. The answer is simple.
And if Dean will made something goo with V-M, D-W with still show Canton choreo - so this fans, who said they love both teams will be very sad, becasue this could show really difference between two teams - when nobody will close V-M superiors.
Its a risk, i know, and B-K, for example, will not have nothing good (i mean medals) with Dean choreo, but this could be "win or lose" :lol:
And why not try something new at least for exibitions? I hope they will made something interesting for CSOI this season.

I have faith that they will bring it in 4CC including the kind of botched SD, and see how it really measures up against the aura of invincibility that D/W have now
And then you will wait Wch and then will tell - o, D-W are such better :lol:
For me ints understanding, most people really didnt realized, that V-M didnt want lose all the time, but in your oppinion they shoud be happy with this, becasue D-W are your fovorutes.

lots of negativity and hysteria are what you get when people ask pani to come back
O yes - sorry i am not happy with what is going on in ice dance now and will never like D-W :lol:

walei
01-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Why? Tessa is so pure skater, like Belbin and Ben was at the same level with Scott now? And isn theer FD is what Zueva did with B-A in 2007?

And then you will wait Wch and then will tell - o, D-W are such better :lol:
For me ints understanding, most people really didnt realized, that V-M didnt want lose all the time, but in your oppinion they shoud be happy with this, becasue D-W are your fovorutes.

The problem right now IMHO is NOT that Tessa and Scott are skating to inferior program with inferior skills under the PCS. It's the judge's perception that they are. A coach change may not change the judge's perspective and may actually give them a reason for dumpage with the mentality that "see they are NOT the best that's why they need new coach to improve".

And it's not like there is a coaching super power waiting to take them into their fold like Tarasova with B/K. Canton is the top dawgs in Ice Dance now. THE power house training camp for the champs. Leaving them may not send the right message or actually achieve the goal.

Also Pani stop putting words in my mouth:rolleyes:.

1. No where was I HAPPY with V/M placing second. Even now I still think V/M is unfairly getting lower PCS than D/W.

2. D/W are not my favorite and I still think FF is the better program. You cannot find a single post anywhere from me that says otherwise.

I don't appreciate you making such random judgments for your arguments.

clarie
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm another one who would like to see this thread move on and discuss the positives and there are many!!:rolleyes:

Subway
01-31-2012, 12:51 PM
The problem right now IMHO is NOT that Tessa and Scott are skating to inferior program with inferior skills under the PCS. It's the judge's perception that they are. A coach change may not change the judge's perspective and may actually give them a reason for dumpage with the mentality that "see they are NOT the best that's why they need new coach to improve".

And it's not like there is a coaching super power waiting to take them into their fold like Tarasova with B/K. Canton is the top dawgs in Ice Dance now. THE power house training camp for the champs. Leaving them may not send the right message or actually achieve the goal.

Also Pani stop putting words in my mouth:rolleyes:.

1. No where was I HAPPY with V/M placing second. Even now I still think V/M is unfairly getting lower PCS than D/W.

2. D/W are not my favorite and I still think FF is the better program. You cannot find a single post anywhere from me that says otherwise.

I don't appreciate you making such random judgments for your arguments.

^ If people disagree with pani she makes up stuff about them. She should stop that.

rvi5
01-31-2012, 12:51 PM
...I disagree that if they don't win gold at Worlds they will retire. I think they will go back to the drawing boards and go after it again...
Agreed.

No doubt the Vancouver Olympics gold medal win was one of the greatest moments in V/M skating career. The cheering home crowd etc. etc. When they won worlds in Italy, their reaction was very subdued in comparison. It is likely V/M would love to re-live the experiences they felt at Vancouver. Their big opportunity to regain some of that euphoria, will be at Worlds 2013. Not only in their home country, but also in their home town. Why would they retire now when they are so close? I suspect they would train harder to ensure victory in 2013.

Golightly
01-31-2012, 01:52 PM
And isn theer FD is what Zueva did with B-A in 2007?

Sometimes I wonder if you really are a Virtue and Moir fan or if you have watched, really watched them skate to Funny Face.

Anyway, I believe that D-W might be carrying the momentum, but this is Virtue and Moir we're talking about. They could very well bring it for Worlds and take it. I think this fight is closer than a lot of you think.

pani
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
^ If people disagree with pani she makes up stuff about them. She should stop that.

You are 100% fan of pani :lol:

i wish T-S will use this song for exibition (but maybe they didnt like this music :D)

http://www.youtube.com/user/serjtankian?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/E461B48DB48DA0ED/3/UXeq0gaxDIM

maggylyn
01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
maybe tessa should wear the snakeskin instead, with glitter! :D

:lol:

And I have to say, I really don't like that snakeskin shirt.

It's like 70's disco - an unfortunate era in music and fashion. :P

pani
01-31-2012, 02:28 PM
:lol:

And I have to say, I really don't like that snakeskin shirt.

It's like 70's disco - an unfortunate era in music and fashion. :P

I like how it look in exibitions :D

rvi5
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
They could very well bring it for Worlds and take it. I think this fight is closer than a lot of you think.
I haven't seen any singing fat ladies yet. But if you do, lock her out of the arena. ;)

Subway
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Calling Dean choreography 80-sh and maybe old-fashion is a new trend? Am I missing something? :confused: I understand why Piper an Paul have well-scored FD. Every beat of music, every move are so clever constructed and fits to the dance. And it has exclusive, brand new look, even if it is Christopher "look".

How can it be exclusive and brand new if it's the same old Dean look, which it is? He has done this look and style in shows with Jane, and for other figure skaters. If that's what you like, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not brand new or exclusive. It's not simply the look but the movement style too.

sequins
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
So in an (probably unsuccesssful) attempt to change the subject. What is your fave V&M FD to date How about Tessa's outfits, your fave there.

Mine would be last years latin FD, I confess mostly due to the 'temptation' lift. The greatest lift in history:lol: and Tessa's 'Valse Triste' dress and the CD one at the 2010 Olys. She just looked smashing!

Discuss....or not. I'm trying.

clarie
01-31-2012, 03:41 PM
I loved the "temptation lift". I hope they use it again, or something like it. A pity they couldn't use it this year as it was a short season for them last year, and we didn't see it enough. For the SD this year, I would like to see Tessa in peacock blue or something like it. And yes, Scott can lose that snakeskin shirt. He likes plain constumes and I agree with him...he normally looks to classy. Actually, I have always liked their costuming, but the Mahler dress for the Olympics was a favorite.