PDA

View Full Version : Dance Moms, now Ice Moms?

Pages : 1 [2]

AnnMJensen
02-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Ok. So I think Adam Schmidt was Adam Baadani..... 6th in Novice in 2002. That name I do remember......

AnnMJensen
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Rochelle;3465950]I had the impression that anyone participating in this would loose US Figure Skating (USFS) eligibility.

They just need the Eligible Skaters Compensation Agreement (or whatever it is called this year) and they are OK, as long as all "competitions" are sanctioned by either ISI or USFS

eliza61
04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
I found this but am not sure if it's associated with the new show or not, I hope not because it is beyond awful.

http://vimeo.com/31393207

TheGirlCanSkate
04-13-2012, 03:52 PM
That clip was awful...instead of coaches yelling at the kids, it's the parents. That poor toddler.

In Dance Moms the production covers all the comp fees and training. I do think that is a huge lure to participate on these shows. The girls do model work for dance catalogs, they do profit off of the series.

Down sides - lost jobs, broken relationships, and a stigma.

kwanatic
04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I found this but am not sure if it's associated with the new show or not, I hope not because it is beyond awful.

http://vimeo.com/31393207

I doubt if that's it. That looked pretty cheaply produced and the makers behind Dance Moms have money; the new promos for the show and Dance Moms: Miami is proof of that. That blond lady fussing at her 3 or 4 year old is disgusting. That's one thing you can say about the moms on Dance Moms: they're crazy but they are very sweet, loving and supportive of their children...it's Abby who's the villian. Dance Moms: Miami, one of the moms is completely psychotic and pressures her daughter but the others don't...

I feel totally ashamed admitting it but I'm actually excited for them to do Ice Moms. :slinkaway. I'm hoping the parents and coaches won't be as mean as Abby often is to her kids b/c I don't like that part of the show. I like the show b/c you get to see all of the behind the scenes work that goes into making the routines and teaching these girls to become great dancers and, most of the time, the routines are really nice and entertaining.

Same would go for ice skating. I enjoy watching dance but I'm 10x more interested in what goes into making a figure skater, so I'm really excited to see that. I haven't heard/read anything from Lifetime since they made that announcement so it'll be interesting to see when/if it actually premieres.