PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Pairs 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23

Alixana
08-08-2012, 03:28 AM
The LP everyone's talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJVrlql0H0).

Loved it! Thank you! This is the first year where I feel they're not Wirtz clones anymore .. they're still powerful but a lot more elegant. Not sure if that makes sense .. can't think how to explain it.

scs
08-08-2012, 03:41 AM
That makes sense, Alixana. I was thinking the same thing. I really like the gentleness they now seem to have. I wasn't a fan in the past but am thrilled to see their evolution.

jl22aries
08-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Loved it. I am such a fan of MT-M, spunk, personality and all.

Sylvia
08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Indy Challenge FS of Paige Lawrence/Rudi Swiegers (3rd in FS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcC9xqXuYg

Indy doesn't combine SP & FS scores since they're considered separate events, but here are the combined total scores of the Canadian teams:

SENIOR
1 Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN 1 1 183.93 (56.49 SP, 127.44 FS)
2 Lawrence/Swiegers CAN 6 3 150.81 (49.49, 101.32)
Purdy/Marinaro CAN 5 (49.65 SP)

JUNIOR
1 Jones/Beharry 1 2 126.29 (44.88, 81.41)
3 Rau/Simpson 6 1 120.01 (35.86, 84.15)
6 Orr/Furiano 4 9 107.45 (40.40, 67.05)

Cross-posting:

More articles:

Icenetwork.com: "New-look Canadians win senior short at Indy"
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120804&content_id=36113386&vkey=ice_news

Icenetwork.com: "Moore-Towers, Moscovitch go 'all out' in Indy free"
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120804&content_id=36115286&vkey=ice_news

Subway
08-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks! I'm so impressed with how smooth everything has become, in her skating in particular. So much control and she's taking her time without sacrificing the speed you'd want at this point in the pre-season. I think she's holding out on all of the things she worked on off-season. It's not just the 3 twist and more mature choreography. Their blades are quieter, everything is all-of-a piece. Nice flow. I am probably totally projecting but she gives me the feeling of somebody who's discovered something new about skating and she really seems to be absorbed in it and loving it. Much more powerful skater now.

clarie
08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow, just Wow. Thanks for posting that. I'm thinking that Nats was a shot in the behind for them. They have really improved in every facet of their skating. I'm hoping great things for them this year.......very impressive :).

Subway
08-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Wow, just Wow. Thanks for posting that. I'm thinking that Nats was a shot in the behind for them. They have really improved in every facet of their skating. I'm hoping great things for them this year.......very impressive :).

I've been a fan for a couple of years but never imagined this from her. Her knees are so deep and soft now.

ETA - there's things this team isn't saying. So her re-aligned body, her stretch and line - everybody notices, it's obvious "even" in the bodysuit she's wearing in the lp. Bodysuits show every flaw. I just recognized that's why she's wearing the bodysuit. :)

Shayii
08-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Yay! This was so good. They're the first team to really make me start watching pairs more after I saw their LP at Skate America last season and I searched for their thread here, I didn't realize they didn't have one. Anyways I really like both their programs and something tells me they will do amazing this season.

geoskate
08-09-2012, 06:45 AM
The fight for the national title this year just got really interesting.

One additional benefit of M-T/M's improvement is that it give Duhamel/Radford even more incentive to work very hard this season. There's a real rivalry now, I think!

Ziggy
08-09-2012, 05:29 PM

The SP is incredible but this is disappointing.

The music is very constant, there is a lack of light and shade and the program just falls incredibly flat.

Their basics have definitely improved but the choreography seems rather mediocre.

Very strong on the jumps but lifts need work. Some of them were slow and tentative.

Pratfall
08-09-2012, 06:16 PM
On the Contrary... When we see this with proper volume levels..as we would in an arena or on TV..this music will be great. I love that this is an unusual arrangement of the music ( familiar , yet a bit surprising ), and think it will cast a spell...I really like it .

I know I've said this before, but I don't know if I said it here .Dylan made a vast improvement season before last, in extension, line etc ( took more ballet , I believe ) and he's only continued..he's more fluid, in his torso , as well

Now, it's Kirsten ! Wow! She's done some fabulous work .. I hope they have a good year..I expect to be thrilled by them.

maggylyn
08-09-2012, 07:04 PM
.. I hope they have a good year..I expect to be thrilled by them.

Me too! I really like what I've seen.

Emdee
08-09-2012, 07:53 PM
My estimation is with the right conditions, lighting and miles on the program the performance will draw us in.

Cannot wait to see it in GP.

julieann
08-09-2012, 08:05 PM
The SP is incredible but this is disappointing.

The music is very constant, there is a lack of light and shade and the program just falls incredibly flat.

Their basics have definitely improved but the choreography seems rather mediocre.

Very strong on the jumps but lifts need work. Some of them were slow and tentative.

I think they may have got the "we landed everything" credit with that score. I'm not sure the international judges will be that generous once they start competing with the best in the world esp P/T, V/T and S/S. They scored 127.44, that's over 10 points then their personal best free skate.

I know you can't compare scores but I hope there isn't a huge surprise if they only score high teens or low 120s at Cup of China especially considering the couples who will be there. I was a good skate but it wasn't great, the twist was low and she landed on his left shoulder, the spin was wonky, lifts were slow, ds was slow. They did land all the jumps and throws with great posture but I would love to see the protocols to see where the points really came from.

Proustable
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM
I think they may have got the "we landed everything" credit with that score. I'm not sure the international judges will be that generous once they start competing with the best in the world esp P/T, V/T and S/S. They scored 127.44, that's over 10 points then their personal best free skate.

I know you can't compare scores but I hope there isn't a huge surprise if they only score high teens or low 120s at Cup of China especially considering the couples who will be there. I was a good skate but it wasn't great, the twist was low and she landed on his left shoulder, the spin was wonky, lifts were slow, ds was slow. They did land all the jumps and throws with great posture but I would love to see the protocols to see where the points really came from.

In fairness, that is far and away their best free program performance. It should be a few points ahead of everything else they've done.

I tend to agree with Ziggy about being underwhelmed, but because they've improved so much technically and because it's early in the season, I'm still impressed.