PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Pairs 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Rochelle
07-23-2012, 05:14 AM
Skater groups are posted for Skate Detroit (next weekend), and quite a few CAN pairs are entered: http://evt.sk8stuff.com/lister_event_detail.asp?id=4475

Skate Detroit -- CAN Senior Pairs entered (7 teams total each in SP & FS):
Moore-Towers & Moscovitch
Purdy & Marianaro
Steele & Schultz

Skate Detroit -- CAN Junior Pairs entered (11 teams entered total each in SP & FS):
Bell & Sylvester
Conway & Sherriff-Clayton
Jones & Beharry
Orr & Furiano
Rau & Simpson

Indy Challenge -- Canadian Senior Pairs entered (14 teams entered total):
Lawrence/Swiegers
Moore-Towers & Moscovitch
Purdy & Marianaro
Steele & Schultz (Withdrew since the deadline)

Indy Challenge -- Canadian Junior Pairs entered (14 teams entered total)
Conway & Sherriff-Clayton (Withdrew since the deadline)
Jones & Beharry
Orr & Furiano
Rau & Simpson

geoskate
07-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Steele/Schultz weren't at Skate Detroit, where they had registered, and withdrew from Indy (see post above). There aren't any senior pairs at either Summer Sizzle or Thornhill, so they aren't going there. I'm curious what's going on. I hope it's just that their programs aren't competition-ready, and not that they are injured.

It is strange for a team not to be doing any summer competitions. Before Canadians they could still do Isabelle Henderson, Georges-Ethier or Octoberfest, I guess. Has anybody heard any news about this team? They seem to be keeping a low profile.

craycray1973
08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Steele/Schultz weren't at Skate Detroit, where they had registered, and withdrew from Indy (see post above). There aren't any senior pairs at either Summer Sizzle or Thornhill, so they aren't going there. I'm curious what's going on. I hope it's just that their programs aren't competition-ready, and not that they are injured.

It is strange for a team not to be doing any summer competitions. Before Canadians they could still do Isabelle Henderson, Georges-Ethier or Octoberfest, I guess. Has anybody heard any news about this team? They seem to be keeping a low profile.

I heard that she's in a cast, which is why they have had to withdraw from several of the summer competitions thus far. I wonder what Schultz will be doing in the meantime. It could be a rough year for them both if she isn't back on the ice soon.

Rafter
08-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Any news on Katie Bobak? Has she retired or is she looking for a new partner?

Sylvia
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Canadian pairs' results/scores at Skate Detroit last week (SP and FS were separate events; I've combined the scores):

SENIOR
Moore-Towers & Moscovitch 59.47 (1st in SP) + 116.67 (1st in FS) = 176.14
Purdy & Marinaro 48.00 (4th in SP) + 92.66 (4th in FS) = 140.66

JUNIOR
Rau & Simpson 36.02 (7th in SP) + 82.29 (2nd in FS) = 118.31
Jones & Beharry 41.17 (3rd in SP) + 70.61 (7th in FS) = 111.78
Orr & Furiano 40.59 (5th in SP) + 67.48 (10th in FS) = 108.07
Bell & Sylvester 35.45 (8th in SP) + 70.92 (6th in FS) = 106.37
Conway & Sherriff-Clayton 34.40 (9th in SP) + 58.26 (11th in FS) = 92.68

The 3 pairs assigned to Lake Placid JGP and the listed substitutes:
Krystel DESJARDINS / Charlie BILODEAU CAN 2
Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO CAN 2
Shalena RAU / Phelan SIMPSON CAN 2
Subs:
Hayleigh BELL / Alistair SYLVESTER
Brittany JONES / Ian BEHARRY (new)
Natasha PURICH / Sebastien ARCIERI (new)

shutterbug
08-02-2012, 02:49 AM
According to this (http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/2012-skate-detroit-senior-highlights/), MT/M are skating to a “waltz with Parisian sounds” for their SP and Bohemian Rhapsody for their FP. Hopefully we get music info for some of the other teams from Indy.

Canadian pairs' results/scores at Skate Detroit last week (SP and FS were separate events; I've combined the scores):

SENIOR
Moore-Towers & Moscovitch 59.47 (1st in SP) + 116.67 (1st in FS) = 176.14
Purdy & Marinaro 48.00 (4th in SP) + 92.66 (4th in FS) = 140.66

JUNIOR
Rau & Simpson 36.02 (7th in SP) + 82.29 (2nd in FS) = 118.31
Jones & Beharry 41.17 (3rd in SP) + 70.61 (7th in FS) = 111.78
Orr & Furiano 40.59 (5th in SP) + 67.48 (10th in FS) = 108.07
Bell & Sylvester 35.45 (8th in SP) + 70.92 (6th in FS) = 106.37
Conway & Sherriff-Clayton 34.40 (9th in SP) + 58.26 (11th in FS) = 92.68

Decent scores for MT/M for early in the season. :) Bit of a rough SP skate for Rau & Simpson, but a good rebound in the free.

laceup
08-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote by craycray1973 (don't know why it didn't work right) "I heard that she's in a cast, which is why they have had to withdraw from several of the summer competitions thus far."

Hopefully the cast is on her arm and not a leg. I thought last year when she landed a triple at Cup of China that her jumps were coming along but when the triple wasn't in their program at Nationals it makes you wonder??? I leg injury on an already "iffy" jumper wouldn't be a good thing :(

skatingwatcher
08-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote by craycray1973 (don't know why it didn't work right) "I heard that she's in a cast, which is why they have had to withdraw from several of the summer competitions thus far."

Hopefully the cast is on her arm and not a leg. I thought last year when she landed a triple at Cup of China that her jumps were coming along but when the triple wasn't in their program at Nationals it makes you wonder??? I leg injury on an already "iffy" jumper wouldn't be a good thing :(

Knowing the Wirtz camp, they played the "game" at Nationals, and with the clean skate Steele/Schulz had, it obviously was a great choice.
The season is still young, and its always the best decision to heal, rather than make any kind of injury worse.

Sylvia
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Here's Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's winning Senior Pairs FS at Skate Detroit to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNIMjLJ1Rs

~tapdancer~
08-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Here's Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's winning Senior Pairs FS at Skate Detroit to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNIMjLJ1Rs

Love the music, it'll be a great program for them if skated clean and with more speed. Looks great so far, good for them. No perk here, either, I noticed! Just big and bold. Looking forward to seeing it this season in competition.

geoskate
08-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Thanks for posting the link, Sylvia!

I love it too, and echo the response that it needs a bit more speed in places and also some finetuning (the last lift, for example). However, for an early-season performance, that was excellent.

She really has improved her line and stretch compared to last season. The choreography is a step up from last season also, IMO. It's not a character-driven piece, as many of their programs have been to date, but rather a music-driven piece. I'm not sure they could have handled this last year; now they can, and they do it well . . . good work on their part.

shan
08-04-2012, 03:43 AM
I know it's a new program and definitely will improve. That being said, I hate the way pairs programs are constructed these days, saving most elements for the last half. The first half had transitions, but then the throws and the lifts just made it look element to element. It's smart to choreograph for points, but I find it meh.

julieann
08-04-2012, 05:33 AM
I know it's a new program and definitely will improve. That being said, I hate the way pairs programs are constructed these days, saving most elements for the last half. The first half had transitions, but then the throws and the lifts just made it look element to element. It's smart to choreograph for points, but I find it meh.

You can blame their choreographer for that, not the way pairs programs are constructed. Their coach could have used this whole time to really take this team out of the box but they seemed to have regressed. They are even doing the same one-knee lift that slows him down to a crawl. I miss the team from 2010. They have time to get the speed I have seen in the past but I miss the energy behind the moves.

shan
08-04-2012, 05:46 AM
You can blame their choreographer for that, not the way pairs programs are constructed. Their coach could have used this whole time to really take this team out of the box but they seemed to have regressed. They are even doing the same one-knee lift that slows him down to a crawl. I miss the team from 2010. They have time to get the speed I have seen in the past but I miss the energy behind the moves.

I was happy to see that they added a new position to a lift, but was dismayed to see the star position still used so much...

kwanfan1818
08-04-2012, 06:43 AM
She really has improved her line and stretch compared to last season.
No kidding: it was noticeable even though she was wearing black tights, which accentuate every flaw in general.