PDA

View Full Version : Skaters that have appeared in movies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Blair
05-03-2012, 10:17 PM
since you guys are including television now, michelle also appeared in 2 episodes of the simpsons, family guy, MTV's made, arthur, wow wow wubzy, and sabrina the teenage witch.

her appearances on the simpsons were awesome lol.

she also starred in 3 disney produced prime time tv skating specials and then 1 in china

I only recall one of Michelle's cameos on the Simpsons, but it was priceless! Her best line is when she's shown on the lower deck of a boat and asked by a basketball player (also doing a cameo...I can't remember who) if she has a boyfriend...to which she responds "Not in here, I don't."

She says it so dryly and confidently, it cracks me up every time!

Blair
05-03-2012, 10:22 PM
^ The episode is from season 16 when Homer opens a Showboating Academy and teaches Michelle a victory dance.

Blair
05-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I just rewatched...I should add that in the episode Homer was doing a biblical Super Bowl half-time show and Michelle was on the field inside Noah's Ark.

vivika1982
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Evan Lysacek appeared in an 'independent' (as Wikipedia puts it) film Skate Great. I don't know much about this film, but I know that Evan portrayed a certain Vladimir Plushenko, a Russian OGM, which I find hilarious, given that the film was released long before 2010 Olympics :lol:
This must've been inspirational for Plushy. :lol:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1279969/

sbanet
08-02-2012, 01:20 AM
This must've been inspirational for Plushy. :lol:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1279969/

:scream:

My secret wish is for Averbukh and Zhulin to make a feature length film with their current troupe of Ice Age skaters.

In the meantime, I have been locating (and processing) voidy footage from a few European films featuring Euros/Worlds skaters from the 1950s-1960s. (In a few days I'll post those in the Show Skating thread, as there will be links to the :inavoid: visuals.)

Eeyora1
08-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Didn't Kristi Yamaguchi have a cameo in D2 the Mighty Ducks sequel?

Twizzler
08-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Joelle Forte appeared in an episode of Sesame Street.

(what can I say, I have a young child!!)

Betta42
08-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Didn't Kristi Yamaguchi have a cameo in D2 the Mighty Ducks sequel?

yes she did! :D

and i realize that Blades of Glory has been said a number of times, but how come David Pelletier and Jamie Salé haven't been mentioned yet for it? :confused: i am sooo watching that movie tonight lol its one of our favourite Will Ferrell movies :cheer2: