PDA

View Full Version : Skaters that have appeared in movies

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

orbitz
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Katarina Witt appeared towards the end of Jerry McGuire. She showed impressive range in the film :P.

Lynn-Holly Johnson in Ice Castle and a Bond film.

Back in the olden days of course there were Sonja Henie and Belita.

rvi5
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Lynn-Holly Johnson in Ice Castle and a Bond film.

I had forgotton about that. The Bond film was "For your eyes only". As I recall, she played a Russian Gymnast.

Lynn-Holly Johnson also appeared in a movie called "The watcher in the woods". I recall reading, Betty Davis hated her as an actress.

NinjaTurtles
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Sasha Cohen had one acting role as a mean girl in a movie called "Moondance Alexander". The movie was related to Equestrian Horseback Jumping, not Figure Skating.

She was also in Bratz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804452/) the movie. :lol:

pollyanna
01-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Let's remember about skaters who apperared in "blades of glory" :P

Yes, falling dance lists them in post #3 above. :)

I had forgotton about that. The Bond film was "For your eyes only". As I recall, she played a Russian Gymnast.
American ice skater with a Russian coach. ;)

Wyliefan
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Katarina Witt had a small role in a Robert de Niro film. (Didn't see it, but I remember when it came out.)

berthesghost
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Katarina Witt had a small role in a Robert de Niro film. (Didn't see it, but I remember when it came out.)
Ronan. She played a Russia figure skating diva who gets publicly assassinated due to her mob boyfriend's dirty dealings.

rvi5
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
American ice skater with a Russian coach. ;)

I stand corrected. I remembered there was something Russian connected, and I recall her wearing a gymnast type leotard in one scene.

pollyanna
01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I stand corrected. I remembered there was something Russian connected, and I recall her wearing a gymnast type leotard in one scene.
You're right, she was wearing a leotard when she was training by bouncing around on a trampoline, complaining that there was no ice handy. :lol:

orbitz
01-25-2012, 03:32 PM
No one remembered Carol Heiss in "Snow White and The Three Stooges" ? :lol:

aka_gerbil
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I think it was Jo Jo Starbuck who also had a role as an interviewer in The Cutting Edge.

I know that I saw Sasha Cohen in an episode of Las Vegas as herself. I actually don't watch the show, but I just happened to turn the channel over at the time when I saw her on the show.

I was a huge Las Vegas fan until the writers ruined it, but I was still watching at the point that Sasha made her appearance. It was in one of the episodes towards the end of season 3, so it would have been Spring 2006 in the US.

Christine Hough and Doug Ladret were also in The Cutting Edge, playing Smilkov and Brushkin.

Vash01
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I was a huge Las Vegas fan until the writers ruined it, but I was still watching at the point that Sasha made her appearance. It was in one of the episodes towards the end of season 3, so it would have been Spring 2006 in the US.

Christine Hough and Doug Ladret were also in The Cutting Edge, playing Smilkov and Brushkin.

How did I forget that? I thought their names were Smirnova & Bushkin, but imdb lists them as Smilkov (should be Smilkova for a Russian lady) and Brushkin.

I forgot to mention- Jo Jo Starbuck appeared in the same movie as an interviewer.

Also Sharon Carz (sp?) doubled for Moira Kelly in that movie in some skating scenes.

aka_gerbil
01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
How did I forget that? I think their names were Smirnova & Bushkin (I could be wrong; will have to check the credits).

Also Sharon Carz (sp?) doubled for Moira Kelly in that movie in some skating scenes.

I copy/pasted the names from IMDB, but who knows if they actually have it right. It's sort of wikipedia-esqe on accuracy at time. :lol:

They have a ton of stunt people listed, but other than Hough/Ladret, I didn't recognize any of the names. Someone else might though.

ETA: Didn't Oksana Baiul have a bit part as a commentator in one of the awful, atrocious sequels that aired on ABC Family? I think she was supposed to be, but I'm not entirely sure since I didn't even make it halfway through before I turned it off.

UGG
01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
I LOVE Blades of Glory. I laugh my ass off every time I watch it.

pollyanna
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I remember Sharon Carz. She was a pairs skater with Doug Williams. They medaled at US Nationals one year, I think around 1990, and went to Worlds.

Vash01
01-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I remember Sharon Carz. She was a pairs skater with Doug Williams. They medaled at US Nationals one year, I think around 1990, and went to Worlds.

I remember them. I think they had one gorgeous throw- either 2A or 3S (I can't remember).

I may still have them on a tape.