PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Ozzisk8tr
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILytbXiu0DA&feature=related

Absolutely can't wait for this. Starts in the U.S. on the 6th of February. How amazing is Katherine Mcphee's voice.

The Village Idiot
01-23-2012, 02:40 PM
In case anyone doesn't know - you can download the pilot for free on itunes now.

julieann
01-23-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILytbXiu0DA&feature=related

Absolutely can't wait for this. Starts in the U.S. on the 6th of February. How amazing is Katherine Mcphee's voice.

AMAZING!!!!

BigB08822
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
I am hoping to like this one. I absolutely loathe Glee and everything it does but this seems like Glee's more mature and sophisticated older sister.

genevieve
01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
thank goodness NBC finally stopped saying "and introducing Katherine McPhee" in their promos. We met her like 5 years ago, people!

Looking forward to this show!

essence_of_soy
01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
...this show looks SO predictable.

challon
01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
NBC has put the pilot up on there youtube channel. I loved it.

Ozzisk8tr
01-24-2012, 12:43 AM
...this show looks SO predictable.

How funny, I actually can't stand live theatre and am so looking forward to this. Predictable... so you're not interested in seeing talent or anything, just want to be enthralled with good plot with twists and turns that make you :eek:.
Maybe you should watch Europeans... ;)

Spareoom
01-24-2012, 12:45 AM
So, I'm confused. I heard about this show AGES ago; even saw a trailer akin to that. But it seems like it was so long ago; like months to a year! I'd forgotten all about it. When did they start advertising it and I guess it just came out? That's so odd!

essence_of_soy
01-24-2012, 05:31 AM
How funny, I actually can't stand live theatre and am so looking forward to this. Predictable... so you're not interested in seeing talent or anything, just want to be enthralled with good plot with twists and turns that make you :eek:.
Maybe you should watch Europeans... ;)

I love how you're putting words into my mouth that I didn't say. I have tremendous respect for talented people, whatever the medium.

My annoyance with the promo is that it has précised the entire show. I just feel like I have seen it all before. (IE: Young unknown struggles trying to make it in the big city.)

As for plot twists and turns, not to mention outstanding acting, I'll probably stick with Homeland for the time being. Australia doesn't get any skating coverage.

Meredith
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
The show may be predictable, but Alex Wong is in it - at least the opening episode. He was injured and reappears later. That alone will make me tune in. :)

orbitz
01-24-2012, 03:38 PM
The premier was pleasant enough. The lip-synching is much more believable here than in Glee.

Cachoo
01-27-2012, 05:41 AM
I was watching "Every Little Step" about casting "A Chorus Line" and realized we really don't have a regular series with singing and dancing about adults. I like "Glee" but I like the idea of this show better. The premier left me wanting to see more so I'm in for now. And could we be seeing a version of "Marilyn" on Broadway if the show succeeds?

Theatregirl1122
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I really enjoyed this! I still love Glee but it was so nice to see a show with music that was more about the plot and was letting the plot drive the music. I didn't even need to use my willing suspension of disbelief that much!

I kind of hate the "look I'm a popstar" audition, though.

Artemis@BC
01-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, I liked Glee when it first started for its quirky charm -- and the talented performers -- but rapidly grew tired of the polarizing archetypes (not to mention their change in repertoire).

But I love all things Broadway so I'll definitely tune in to Smash when it airs. I fear that it too may get stale quickly ... but they may surprise me. Here's hoping!