PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

MarieM
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Ivy is so so boring.
the show IS borin indeed. Brrrrrrrr. Where can they go from here actually ? the director sleeping with the girls to choose from is ... what you can expect, but still.

flutzilla1
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I watched the first 2 episodes and there is something increasingly off putting about Ivy. I don't care enough to watch tonight.

Me too. I really, really don't like her and I just can't figure out why.

Jack Davenport however is :swoon: worthy no matter whom he is playing. :)

MarieM
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Ivy ? She's full of herself maybe ? don't know actually. Maybe because we're all rooting for the other girl. Ivy is too confident. Maybe.

Or it's an anti blonde conspiracy :lol:

Kruss
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM

Um...yah!!! :swoon:

When I watched the first episode, it bugged me that I knew the voice and face, but couldn't place him. When I checked imdb, I couldn't believe how dumb I was to not place him immediately, being the Pirates nut that I am.

ioana
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
When I watched the first episode, it bugged me that I knew the voice and face, but couldn't place him. When I checked imdb, I couldn't believe how dumb I was to not place him immediately, being the Pirates nut that I am.

Well, the lack of a white powdered wig might have something to do with that. I saw him in Pirate Radio and thought he was excellent, but it took me a while to remember where I'd seen him before --and you'd think the word "pirate" in the title would have been a good hint, but nope.

hydro
02-21-2012, 07:38 PM

He has definitely gotten sexier with age. He's playing the evil director so well, and they've scruffed him up and dress him better. I still can't believe it's been so long since Coupling. :lol: I also think the actor playing Dev is :grope:

I'm actually really enjoying the show. The adoption plot aside (truly bizarre), the rest of the backstage/creative stuff is really well done. I like the cast of characters, and I like that it shows multiple sides of creating a musical. I'll probably stick with it for a bit -- at least until new episodes of The Closer comes back.

cruisin
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Davenport was also Lloyd Simco in Flash Forward. wish that show had lasted longer.

genevieve
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Davenport was also Lloyd Simco in Flash Forward. wish that show had lasted longer.

THAT's where I know him from - thank you!

soxxy
02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
I knew Debra Messing got divorced rather recently, but didn't know she was dating Joe DiMaggio, I mean the actor, Will Chase, in real life. So her character in Smash had an affair with him when she was married and now Debra is.......oy

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20565155,00.html

my little pony
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I knew Debra Messing got divorced rather recently, but didn't know she was dating Joe DiMaggio, I mean the actor, Will Chase, in real life. So her character in Smash had an affair with him when she was married and now Debra is.......oy

so far, this is the most :watch: part of the show

genevieve
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Apparently Will Chase is something of a cad, going by the comments in that story. or perhaps he just considers his name a mandate.

cruisin
02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
It's got to be rather difficult for their real life spouses (or ex-spouses) to watch their reality unfold on TV.

DarrellH
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM

She just missed being connected to something successful, heard the name "Will", and jumped at it!

jenny12
02-21-2012, 11:43 PM

Definitely :swoon:. As sleazy as the character, Jack Davenport plays him very well.

The writer (and/or actresses) really need to do something, IMO, about making both Ivy and Karen more interesting. One is just pathetic and desperate and the other doesn't seem to have a pulse.

reckless
02-22-2012, 12:37 AM
The writer (and/or actresses) really need to do something, IMO, about making both Ivy and Karen more interesting. One is just pathetic and desperate and the other doesn't seem to have a pulse.
The problem is that a show with this many characters and subplots needs the kind of sharp, witty writing that someone like Aaron Sorkin would provide. What we're getting are a lot of cliches and eye-rolling lines of dialogue.