PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26

cruisin
05-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Yes, it was. Who else thinks that Rebecca put the nut (whatever) in her own smoothie. I know she admitted to drinking it, in spite if the fact that she tasted it. But, I don't think someone else put it in there. I think she wanted out.

chipso1
05-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes, it was. Who else thinks that Rebecca put the nut (whatever) in her own smoothie. I know she admitted to drinking it, in spite if the fact that she tasted it. But, I don't think someone else put it in there. I think she wanted out.

I think Ellis put it in there. Doesn't he make her smoothies, and a few episodes ago, didn't he learn about her peanut allergy? He just got done telling Eileen how much Rebecca sucked, so I just assumed the peanut (almost) killer was him.

cruisin
05-09-2012, 12:42 AM
^^ Yes, that is also a possibility. That may also be why he gets fired (in the preview).

ArtisticFan
05-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Loved tom saying Jews do not sing and pray...we complain and eat.

MarieM
05-09-2012, 08:16 AM
So who's going to be Marilyn after all ?

I guess Katherine MacPhee will. Her number at the church was all kind of fantastic :)

I was annoyed with Ivy before, but now that she slepts with her competitor's fiancee, she looks ... sad I'd say. The number with both girls is amazing though.

I would love for them to play Marilyn in turn. Or that they go the young Marilyn / old Marilyn way.

Ellis is beginning to be amazing. I am SURE he poisoned Rebecca. She sucked anyway so who cares ? ;) I wonder who he'll go after now that he's rind of her. Julia ? Tom ? Both ?

cruisin
05-09-2012, 01:54 PM
So who's going to be Marilyn after all ?

I guess Katherine MacPhee will. Her number at the church was all kind of fantastic :)

I was annoyed with Ivy before, but now that she slepts with her competitor's fiancee, she looks ... sad I'd say. The number with both girls is amazing though.

I would love for them to play Marilyn in turn. Or that they go the young Marilyn / old Marilyn way.

Ellis is beginning to be amazing. I am SURE he poisoned Rebecca. She sucked anyway so who cares ? ;) I wonder who he'll go after now that he's rind of her. Julia ? Tom ? Both ?

He may go after Elaine, since she appeared to fire him in the promo.

soxxy
05-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Smash will be returning midseason:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/nbcs-2012-13-fall-schedule-four-nights-of-comedy-the-voice-no-loser-or-smash/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

jenny12
05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Looks like Megan Hilty got very good reviews for a recent production of Gentleman Prefer Blondes:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/gentlemen-prefer-blondes-review-smash-megan-hilty-marilyn-monroe-323119

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/reviews/05-2012/gentlemen-prefer-blondes_56411.html

Too bad it was for just a very limited run. Looked like a fun production.

Bostonfan
05-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Scathing assessment of Smash:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/04/hate-watching-smash.html

Articulates a lot of the reasons why it's uneven for me. My favorite reasons why this writer has changed her mind about SMASH:

...every domestic event involving Debra Messing’s character, Julia, from her attempts to adopt a Chinese baby to her decision to cuckold a dull man with a creepy one, to her alarming array of earth-toned scarves. And despite the fact that she’s on a tight deadline to complete her Marilyn Monroe musical, Julia always finds a way to bicker with the show’s worst character, her whiny teen-age son, Leo, who smokes pot, does not want pancakes, and repeatedly fails to run away for good.

reckless
05-14-2012, 07:53 PM
From that same article. This is so true:

Even when I squint, and grade on a curve, it’s impossible to ignore how bad McPhee’s performance is: the woman was given a one-note character, then took it down a half-note.
:rofl:

If only this could be the Tom and Ivy show, with some great dancers and singers. They also can keep Elaine and hot-bartender around.

essence_of_soy
05-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Even when I squint, and grade on a curve, it’s impossible to ignore how bad McPhee’s performance is: the woman was given a one-note character, then took it down a half-note.

If the musical review, Forbidden Broadway, were still around, they could do a Smash tribute and call it Poor Katherine One Note (after Johnny One Note)

For all its faults and plot tangents, I do like the show even though NBC appears to have hired writers with ADD.

cruisin
05-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Is it McPhee's fault? Or is it just poor writing? She does have a nice voice.

manhn
05-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I like Karen and I find her more interesting than Ivy. But there are far bigger problems on this show than either character.

Spareoom
05-14-2012, 11:34 PM
I totally know how it's going to end, too. Ivy is going to tell Karen about her one night stand in a last ditch effort to upset her enough so she'll have to pull out of the musical or perform badly, making the part of Marilyn all hers. Who wants to bet?

cruisin
05-15-2012, 12:08 AM
I totally know how it's going to end, too. Ivy is going to tell Karen about her one night stand in a last ditch effort to upset her enough so she'll have to pull out of the musical or perform badly, making the part of Marilyn all hers. Who wants to bet?

Or, Ivy will tell Karen, thinking that will happen. But, Karen will stop being miss nice girl and the gloves will come off, and she will go after the role with a vengeance.