PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26

ross_hy
04-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Emmys: 'Smash' Star Debra Messing Competes as Lead Actress, McPhee and Hilty Supporting
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/emmys-smash-debra-messing-katherine-mcphee-megan-hilty-316590

MarieM
04-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Soap show ??? WTF ?? I'll skip it if it goes that way for sure.

manhn
04-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Unless there's an award for Best Architecture, I doubt the show has much hopes for Emmys.

ross_hy
05-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Well, they really played up the soap this week, didn't they? Between the Michael/Julia drama, Tom/Sam, Rebecca/Derek/Ivy, and Dev/Karen/Ivy, it's hard to keep track of everything! Still looking forward to the last 2 episodes.

I wonder if, as a possible source of revenue for the show, the producers would license Bombshell to be performed in regional/community theater, a la High School Musical? Or even mount a production of their own? Between all the songs, dialogue sequences, sets, costumes, and choreography we've seen, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to turn it into a complete show.

manhn
05-01-2012, 04:29 AM
Ugh, I just cannot tolerate all the adultery going around. There has to be another way to increase the drama. Murder (preferably Ellis or Julia's son)! Highway robbery! Eating disorders! SOMETHING ELSE?!!?!

cruisin
05-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Derek is really turning out to be a bigger shit than I expected

genevieve
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I wonder if, as a possible source of revenue for the show, the producers would license Bombshell to be performed in regional/community theater, a la High School Musical? Or even mount a production of their own? Between all the songs, dialogue sequences, sets, costumes, and choreography we've seen, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to turn it into a complete show.
the show hasn't even been completed yet - there's nothing for them to license! the Boston run is a first draft performance, isn't it?

I was soooooooo hoping that Julia would walk off the show. I'd even tolerate the return of the useless Michael for that.

We all knew Derek was a complete shit, but I'm disappointed in Dev. Not just about the RJ macking and future Ivy sex....Karen is in her first show and he's throwing this crap around? ugh! SO glad that she called him on his crap behavior after he proposed.

I wasn't aware that NYC high schools got 2 weeks off for spring break. And apparently all the schools are on the same schedule!

Theatregirl1122
05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, Dev is being a total idiot. And I always end up wondering if any one writing TV shows ever went to school whenever they mention things like two weeks of spring break.

cruisin
05-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, Dev is being a total idiot. And I always end up wondering if any one writing TV shows ever went to school whenever they mention things like two weeks of spring break.

Some private schools do. My niece teaches in a private school, they had two weeks for spring break.

nypanda
05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Yeah, we get 2 weeks for Spring Break too. Private schools take the last 2 weeks of March, every year.

cruisin
05-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes, and I am assuming that our dear, dim witted, Leo is in private school.

nypanda
05-02-2012, 12:56 AM
*snort*. She's RICH! And really....how else would he not be getting beat up every day at school?

Theatregirl1122
05-02-2012, 01:05 AM
*snort*. She's RICH! And really....how else would he not be getting beat up every day at school?

Good point.

chipso1
05-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Anyone else watch last night? I thought it was one of the better episodes!

genevieve
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Some private schools do. My niece teaches in a private school, they had two weeks for spring break.

Yeah, we get 2 weeks for Spring Break too. Private schools take the last 2 weeks of March, every year.
:eek: I went to a private high school, and we certainly did NOT get 2 weeks off for spring break! :mitchell:

Aside from the "2 weeks" issue, I thought Frank taught in public school, at least certainly not Leo's school, and the likelihood of both their spring breaks lining up so well was more :eek: than the idea that they got 2 weeks off.

Anyone else watch last night? I thought it was one of the better episodes!
I thought it was too! Although the missing engagement ring is just too :duh: for words.

FLOVED Tom calling Julia out on having created all her own problems. Now I'm just wondering why she couldn't be the one to get poisoned. And maybe Leo could have taken a sip by mistake.

Ellis is now a director :lol: I'm really enjoying that little brat now that the writers have figured out what to do with him. They're in on the joke now, and I kinda love seeing him make his little assertions here and there, and then seeing Elaine (and her boy toy) smack him down a bit :lol: