PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

cruisin
04-17-2012, 12:58 PM
She is tall, 5' 11". When they first hinted that she would be brought in to play Marilyn, that was (kind of) a questionable thing for me. Marilyn was so petite, Uma is stunning and thin, but so tall to play Marilyn. But, she is fabulous!

Totally agree about Julia's son and the gay Republican!

genevieve
04-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't buy for a second that Julia's son was ever a good student. Don't and won't buy it!
I don't buy that he's taking calculus.

I will never like Tom and Ivy's BFF as a couple. I want the Gay Republican back!
I liked the flirtation, but boy did Ivy's BFF put on the brakes suddenly or what?!

BTW, Julia was kinda fun and funny last night (family scenes excepted). Thw writers just need to accept that emphasizing the Grace Adler is the way to go with this character.

:rofl: "Colin" drunkenly interrupting rehearsal, and Uma screeching at him :rofl: And the piece de resistance, Elaine leaping into action with her mace :rofl: ... and then the whole thing is OVAH! :rofl:

ArtisticFan
04-17-2012, 05:50 PM
The way Elaine stood there with her hip cocked after the Mace confrontation was a beautiful moment.

cruisin
04-18-2012, 12:59 AM
This show is growing. I think they're still finding what works. Sort of like "Bombshell". It has potential. Hopefully, it wll survive long enough to find itself.

Artemis@BC
04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
... Honestly, if Frank had to leave her why couldn't he have taken their slow loris son with him? Or better yet, kick HER out of the house so we never have to see either of the guys again?

But then we'd never see that beauoooootiful house again! :swoon:

I'm still watching, though not live -- caught up with the previous 2 episodes last night. Aside from being able to zip the commercials, I can also skip the make-me-gag pop numbers. And go back and re-watch the really good stuff, like the completely awesome "Yes Men" number. (Off to download that track now ...)

I agree, I think the show is finally finding its feet. There are still some eye-rolling moments though, the most notable one this week being Elaine's little contract bonfire. I can understand her being smug about her new less-than-conventional backer ... but is she really so completely lacking in any business sense as to want to smack the others in the face with it?

genevieve
04-20-2012, 05:54 PM
But then we'd never see that beauoooootiful house again! :swoon:
they'd have to give us a new, awesomer one! :swoon:

Anyone else catch the Lowe's ads during The Voice and Smash with the Smash set designer talking about how he comes up with the home sets? brilliant! They know their audience :lol:

I agree, I think the show is finally finding its feet. There are still some eye-rolling moments though, the most notable one this week being Elaine's little contract bonfire. I can understand her being smug about her new less-than-conventional backer ... but is she really so completely lacking in any business sense as to want to smack the others in the face with it?
No way - Elaine is bringing the Dynasty to this little show. She can do NO WRONG! :drama:

Matryeshka
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes, I am totally girl-crushing on Elaine. I did not like the first episode, but it was compelling enough that I tuned in every couple of weeks, and now I'm :watch:

I'm even beginning to like Katharine McPhee, even though her ginormous shoulders still freak me out.

Rob
04-24-2012, 03:43 AM
Ok that Bollywood thing was hilarious.

Matryeshka
04-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Slow Loris needs to take the short bus off an even shorter pier. What sort of self-indulgent crap is he engaging in? Lots of kids have parents that get divorced. It's horrible, and it's sad, but they don't act that way.

manhn
04-24-2012, 04:26 AM
Crap, couldn't Leo have died? And, writers, stop making him seem like a smart kid. He's taking AP classes? Lies!

Also, Ellis still sucks. Ugh, HATE!

Honestly, I am amazed Uma would play such a character but I love Uma. I think she's great. But I liked that Uma did try to explain Karen's absence.

jenny12
04-24-2012, 05:00 AM
Crap, couldn't Leo have died? And, writers, stop making him seem like a smart kid. He's taking AP classes? Lies!

I can't believe there aren't 200 young men in their late teens/early twenties who would have made that character more tolerable. That "actor" must be someone's son.

Theatregirl1122
04-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Every time someone asks if there is something wrong in Leo's life I tell them "he can't act".

That was an exceptionally dick move for Ivy. Of course. I find everything about Uma kind of dull.

The bollywood was :rofl: although I spent the first two minutes of it staring at the tv repeating "wtf".

genevieve
04-24-2012, 09:23 AM
the Bollywood was awesome! From the previews I was expecting something different - nice surprise to have a showcase for Dev singing (and dancing)!

Nice nod to the fans (and haters) when Julia was describing Slow Loris to the cop: "he's much younger than he looks" :rofl: suuuuuuuure. Just keep telling us that :lol: And why couldn't he have been run over by a bus? Or kidnapped by Frank? Or maybe we could be having this episode next season, when Julia and Frank realize that neither of them have seen Leo for a very, very long time....which would give TPTB a chance to recast the role :saint:

Am still digging New Ellis :eek:

Seerek
04-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Interesting that they waited several weeks before giving Raza Jaffrey a "segway" into a song (He was in London's Bombay Dreams which now dates to about 10 years ago and will fill in temporarily in London's current production of "Chicago" later this spring).

genevieve
04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
ew.com has a decent recrap of the episode, but I had to :lol: at the comments. Several people said they either turned the sound down on Ivy's (stolen) final song, or they can't bring themselves to like her (pretty damned good) performance of it, because of the underhanded way in which she got it. Helloooooo, it's a soapy, bitchy tv show! Plus, it looks like Ivy isn't going to hang on to the song anyway, so there's the potential for karma, right? :P