PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

cruisin
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
I didn't know she was going to be on this, but the minute she walked in, I said "is that Streep's daughter?"

Same here. I took one look and I knew. Her expressions are just classic Meryl.

reckless
03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Same here. I took one look and I knew. Her expressions are just classic Meryl.
Too bad her acting wasn't. She was terrible.

centerstage01
03-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I hate the character of Ellis. HATE. Every time I see his smug face on screen I want someone to punch it. He serves no purpose except to be a little sh*t-stirrer.

julieann
03-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure the point of last night's whole episode.

I think Angelica Houston is too big for TV. Her daughter's character adds nothing. The plot with the new song is stupid, but I can see why they got a tad offended. I think Megan Hilty may be regretting her decision to be on TV and I'm not sure where they are going with her anyway. Karen's boyfriend is to "The West Wing" for me. ELLIS!!! ICKY!!!

I wonder what 'big star' they are going to get for Marilyn?

genevieve
03-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Uma Thurman don't know if that will be the final person, but she's definitely being brought on as a potential star for the show

julieann
03-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Uma Thurman don't know if that will be the final person, but she's definitely being brought on as a potential star for the show

That's right, I heard that somewhere but I must have forgot just as quick.

fenway2
03-28-2012, 04:55 AM
Too bad her acting wasn't. She was terrible. Word.

I wonder if Meryl knows her daughter can't act or if she's blinded by a mother's love? :lol:

genevieve
04-10-2012, 05:42 PM
is no one watching anymore? :fragile:

Loved Tom standing in during rehearsal, I half expected them to cast him right then and there. And I think they've finally found the right tone/place for Ellis - we still get his ambition and weaselly-ness, but we've got Elaine batting him around and keepig him a little off balance. She's a much better match for him than Tom and Julia. LOVE Elaine's barroom romance :swoon: MORE ELAINE PLEASE.

I don't get why Dev is hiding his job woes from Karen. And I'm not clear - was he fired? Or just not promoted? He is moping like he has no job but he keeps showing up at the office. Is it just that he lost out to the office tool?

Good episode for Ivy last night - I thought the interactions with her (former) castmates were realistic, including with Karen after last week's drunken antics, and the dream sequence was pretty good. And I love her friendship with the sports-gay.

As usual, the biggerst downer of the episode was Julia. Honestly, if Frank had to leave her why couldn't he have taken their slow loris son with him? Or better yet, kick HER out of the house so we never have to see either of the guys again?

Was that a high school production of Three on a Match Tom & Julia went to see? Awesome!! Even from the tiny bit we got to see, that was a delightfully wretched musical, performed so earnestly....and of course Julia had to ruin it :rolleyes: She sux.

And finally....FINALLY...we get Ms Uma Thurman to spice up the joint. Next week looks tres fun. :watch:

AliasJohnDoe
04-10-2012, 05:55 PM

I am!!! And I'm hooked since I haven't missed an episode. Which is strange since I usually only like Sci-Fi/Fantasy(bad and good) and the rare comedy("Big Bang Theory""Family Guy").

Agreed that Ellis is a better fit with Elaine. I like when she knocks him down a peg now and then.

genevieve
04-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Agreed that Ellis is a better fit with Elaine. I like when she knocks him down a peg now and then.
I think I like it even better when she dangles a carrot in front of his nose (like with that co-producer credit bit last night), whee!

Theatregirl1122
04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I have to say, I think last night was a step in the right direction for this show. Not sure exactly what it was, but it was the first time I was actually disappointed that the episode ended.

Rob
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM

I quit. I have missed the last 2 weeks. Too much to tape on Mondays.

soxxy
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I sort of half-watch. Occasionally a scene will get my attention, and Dev and Karen's argument did last night......Raza Jaffrey completely commands the camera in his scenes with Katherine McPhee. I'll give Smash a closer look next season and see what they've changed.

cruisin
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes, we're watching.

Loved Tom standing in during rehearsal, I half expected them to cast him right then and there.

I totally thought the same thing!

And I think they've finally found the right tone/place for Ellis - we still get his ambition and weaselly-ness, but we've got Elaine batting him around and keepig him a little off balance. She's a much better match for him than Tom and Julia. LOVE Elaine's barroom romance :swoon: MORE ELAINE PLEASE.

Yes! Yes! & Yes!

I don't get why Dev is hiding his job woes from Karen. And I'm not clear - was he fired? Or just not promoted? He is moping like he has no job but he keeps showing up at the office. Is it just that he lost out to the office tool?

I didn't think he was fired. He said that the guy, who got the job he wanted, is now his boss. I just think he's mad and doesn't want to tell Karen. He just wants to take it out on her.

Good episode for Ivy last night - I thought the interactions with her (former) castmates were realistic, including with Karen after last week's drunken antics, and the dream sequence was pretty good. And I love her friendship with the sports-gay.

Yes, I love her sweet duplicitousness!

As usual, the biggerst downer of the episode was Julia. Honestly, if Frank had to leave her why couldn't he have taken their slow loris son with him? Or better yet, kick HER out of the house so we never have to see either of the guys again?

You should send that idea to the writers!

And finally....FINALLY...we get Ms Uma Thurman to spice up the joint. Next week looks tres fun. :watch:

Can't wait!

I have to say, I think last night was a step in the right direction for this show. Not sure exactly what it was, but it was the first time I was actually disappointed that the episode ended.

Agree!

manhn
04-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Uma Thurman is fantastic. And sooooo tall.

I don't buy for a second that Julia's son was ever a good student. Don't and won't buy it!

I will never like Tom and Ivy's BFF as a couple. I want the Gay Republican back!